ADVERTISEMENT

Shatel aticle: Eichorst is a rock star on the national stage.

bswain1980

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2010
Shatel: Husker A.D. Shawn Eichorst has become star on national stage; awaiting big show at home

• MATT MILLER/THE WORLD-HERALD
Shawn Eichorst received national praise for his work on the NCAA Football Oversight Committee, which came up with a recruiting reform package.

LINCOLN — I’ve heard Shawn Eichorst described in many ways the last few years. I’ve had a few choice adjectives for him myself.

But this was definitely a new one.

“Rock Star.”

Those are the words of Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, and they were directed at the Nebraska athletic director.

That’s not Rock Star like Eddie Vedder. At least, I’ve never heard Eichorst sing.

That’s Rock Star as in Superstar. Difference-maker. Kind of a big deal.

Bowlsby is chair of the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee, a group of 17 college athletic administrators (and one coach, Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen), which came up with a recruiting reform package that included an early signing date and earlier official visits to campuses for prospects. It was lauded throughout the country. A game-changer for college football.

Eichorst is on the Football Oversight Committee. But to hear some tell it, he was the Tommie Frazier of the group.

Bowlsby made his “rock star” comment in a story on Huskers.com, which included Bowlsby saying, “I think it’s fair to say we wouldn’t have made the progress we’ve made so far without his leadership.”

Full article: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_f03ce80c-dde6-505f-9144-45a82f5fda05.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News