ADVERTISEMENT

Saying goodbye and thank you to Rivals

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
Hello, first I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been along for the ride with us here at Rivals.com the last 20+ years. This site first launched in its premium form back in 2002 on the Rivals network. I’ve been lucky enough to be here that entire time, and before that, I began working with the original Rivals network back as a college student in 2000.

With that said, today will be our final day on the Rivals network. HuskerOnline’s affiliate agreement with Rivals has ended. The HuskerOnline name and our entire staff will be moving to a new opportunity. We will still be covering the Nebraska Cornhuskers going forward.

I want to thank Rivals first and foremost for taking a chance on me as a 23-year-old and giving me my first full-time job upon graduation. At that time, they made an investment to have the first full-time digital writer in the Nebraska sports media market. It was an unbelievable opportunity that changed my life, and I’m greatly appreciative of that.

I want to thank the late Duane “Roz” Rossiter, who I first began working with on this site. Roz and his team led by Rick Shaw, Mike Matya, Doug Horwich and others covered recruiting and provided commentary in the early stages of this site, while I was brought in to cover the team on the ground floor in Lincoln starting in 2002 as a part-timer before I was eventually hired full-time in 2003. Roz was instrumental in the early days of the success of this website.

I want to thank my former business partner John Talman. We took over the reins of this site together in 2007 before John moved onto corporate with Yahoo! in 2012. John did many great things on this site, and you won’t find too many human beings in the world better than John Talman.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you! This place would not be what it is without the great Husker fans. I cannot tell you how many times over the years people from other schools talk to me about our community on HuskerOnline and how great it is. I feel truly blessed for the opportunity I’ve had to be a part of this website and community.

Sincerely,

Sean Callahan
HuskerOnline Publisher

Note: Even though this is the last day with the HuskerOnline team on the Rivals network, the message boards will continue to be moderated as normal in accordance to our affiliate agreement. Any posts that speak of a competitor will be taken off the message board no different than normal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News