ADVERTISEMENT

Safety transfer from MSU

How many safeties can one team have? Hartzog moving back to CB? Buford back to CB?
The injury to Hill and him now being a question mark would make Hartzog and or Buford back to corner a possibility. With no limit on players just bring in talent and sort it out. MR is doing a good job of that. Can always process them next cycle. At the age these guys are at you will strike on a few that were underachieving elsewhere. They mature, lights come on, whatever the reason. Low $ county scholarship and see if he is better than what you got.
MR really lives by the idea that it's his job to find someone better and the players job to be sure he cant.

In a 3-3-5, nearly half of the defense is some sort of a DB or hybrid DB so, ya...defensive recruiting will be DB heavy

Reactions: Bold Words
In a 3-3-5, nearly half of the defense is some sort of a DB or hybrid DB so, ya...defensive recruiting will be DB heavy
We have 24 listed DBs on the scholly chart… personally I don’t think we need another safety.
I agree with IAM4NU, Jones should be #1 priority and I think Merritt #2. We really need LBs and RBs to upgrade those rooms.

Reactions: JabroniBlvd
We have 24 listed DBs on the scholly chart… personally I don’t think we need another safety.
I agree with IAM4NU, Jones should be #1 priority and I think Merritt #2. We really need LBs and RBs to upgrade those rooms.
I am guessing Jones and Merritt are higher priorities, for sure. But that doesn’t mean they will be the next ones to commit. But there is no question in my mind that they are top priorities.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT