ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule beats Prime, Brohm, Fickell, and new Purdue HC

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
One thing is for certain: Matt Rhule is not here to play around.

Nebraska's grade: A​

Upon arriving in Lincoln, Rhule and his still developing staff immediately went to work on filling the 2023 class with verified athleticism and highly ranked prospects that the previous staff had been pursuing.
Of the 21 commitments, 13 were landed in the month of December, including going into Texas for Manor (Texas) four-star defensive end
Princewill Umanmielen
and keeping Lincoln (Neb.) four-star wide receiver
Malachi Coleman
after he initially decommitted on Dec. 1.

Nebraska also has a head start on recruiting the 2024 class as Texas four-stars
Ian Flynt
and
Aeryn Hampton
have each received Rivals FutureCast Predictions in recent days.

TEAM RANKING: No. 28
FOR NEBRASKA'S FULL 2023 RECRUITING CLASS: CLICK HERE

Louisville's grade: B​

Colorado's grade: B-​

Wisconsin's grade: B-​

Purdue's grade: D​

Last edited:

Upon arriving in Lincoln, Rhule and his still developing staff immediately went to work on filling the 2023 class with verified athleticism and highly ranked prospects that the previous staff had been pursuing.
Of the 21 commitments, 13 were landed in the month of December, including going into Texas for Manor (Texas) four-star defensive end
Princewill Umanmielen
Malachi Coleman

Ian Flynt
and
Aeryn Hampton

Looks like Freeze is recruiting at a high level.

Looks like Freeze is recruiting at a high level.

cocaine-hookers.gif

Beat Walters in what? Arbitrary coaching hire rankings? Sure didn't beat his defense last year. I'm not saying walters is a better hire than Ruhle, I honestly don't know, but a D for Walters seems poor. I really like the hire. Pair a good defense with the traditional high flying Purdue offenses. Seems like a good combo. Not sure how you can compare his recruiting to Ruhle this year.

Beat Walters in what? Arbitrary coaching hire rankings? Sure didn't beat his defense last year. I'm not saying walters is a better hire than Ruhle, I honestly don't know, but a D for Walters seems poor. I really like the hire. Pair a good defense with the traditional high flying Purdue offenses. Seems like a good combo. Not sure how you can compare his recruiting to Ruhle this year.
Be prepared for a big letdown.

Princewill Umanmielen
Malachi Coleman

Ian Flynt
and
Aeryn Hampton

My initial thought was generous ranking for Colorado and surprisingly low for Wisconsin and Purdue. But this is just based on the job they did recruiting and on signing day. So it makes a a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitchmann157
Gets mad at arbitrary ranking...proceeds to give arbitrary offense and defense talk.

Gets mad at arbitrary ranking...proceeds to give arbitrary offense and defense talk.
What's arbitrary? We just hired one of the best defensive minds in the country, which is pair with a high flying offense, which has been the offense when Purdue is good.

Again...arbitrary.
I mean, stats last year say he ran one of the top defenses and he was DC of the year. Took a bad Illinois defense with low rates recruits and built a D that almost carried Illinois to the big ten championship. How is it arbitrary?

I mean, stats last year say he ran one of the top defenses and he was DC of the year. Took a bad Illinois defense with low rates recruits and built a D that almost carried Illinois to the big ten championship. How is it arbitrary?
1. Low rated recruits: Those rankings are arbitrary, they are totally made up by dudes, same as the report card you are mad about.

2. Almost carried Illinois to the big ten championship? They did not even play in the championship game...Arbitrary. They in fact finished 2nd in the west, tied with like 3 other teams. So they were no were close to winning the Big Ten.

Reactions: Ray1125
1. Low rated recruits: Those rankings are arbitrary, they are totally made up by dudes, same as the report card you are mad about.

2. Almost carried Illinois to the big ten championship? They did not even play in the championship game...Arbitrary. They in fact finished 2nd in the west, tied with like 3 other teams. So they were no were close to winning the Big Ten.
1. I agree on rankings being subjective. I actually really like purdues class.

2. Meant the game. Almost made the game. So i guess you do not like the Purdue hire? Would be interested in hearing why? Who you'd have hired instead? Didn't have a chance at someone like fickell since Purdue made the championship, which delayed their hiring process by 10 days. I think they got a really good one though.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
I think it's time we move on from the past because it is the past and now we'll see what the future holds. I don't know how well Rhule will do next year but I expect he will get Nebraska back into the playoff conversation in a few years, this I have little doubt. What I really respect about the BIG conference is the toughness this conference brings each Saturday unlike some other play station type conferences.

Here's what I expect going forward with Nebraska teams under Matt Rhules leadership, I expect tough teams no more lazy play by some. I expect we'll see a hard nose team that will be hard to move the ball on when on defense and an offense that will wear other teams down as the game progresses.

I expect many solid transfers will come calling trying to get into the program once Nebraska starts to show it's not the same soft team of the last few years, it's a new era of toughness coming to Lincoln, thank God. jmo GBR!

Princewill Umanmielen
Malachi Coleman

Ian Flynt
and
Aeryn Hampton

Are you saying Rhule plays chess and the others play checkers?

Reactions: headcard
In recruiting. Nebraska has the #31 class, Purdue has the #71 class. You want the lower number. See how that works?
Hard to compare them this year. Uneven playing fields. Let's see how it goes next year. I suspect Nebraska will have a high class, but I doubt walters is 71.

Reactions: meo1960
Oh good lord this thread was about some guy’s ranking on Nebraska. You’ve come here defending Purdue. Nobody Gives af about Purdue.
Lol it was tongue in cheek. Lighten up Francis. Still doesn't make it a good ranking.

Princewill Umanmielen
Malachi Coleman

Ian Flynt
and
Aeryn Hampton

Talk about a 2 day old story. Coach Prime has added 5 players since then. Prime = A. There is little argument about that. The dude was still coaching another team as were several assistants like DC Kelly who is still coaching for 'Bama and still completely transformed the roster. The Feb 2nd signing day is going to be just as epic with coaches actually having time to do visits and soon a full staff. Ranking 31 on this site, 22 on the other site and not nearly done yet.

If we close with Cameron, Ethan and Omarion it's an A. B+ with one or two of the three. But the closing they had with just one month is pretty damn good. GBR!!
Rhule has been A+. I can't imagine having an entire year what this staff is going to do.

Talk about a 2 day old story. Coach Prime has added 5 players since then. Prime = A. There is little argument about that. The dude was still coaching another team as were several assistants like DC Kelly who is still coaching for 'Bama and still completely transformed the roster. The Feb 2nd signing day is going to be just as epic with coaches actually having time to do visits and soon a full staff. Ranking 31 on this site, 22 on the other site and not nearly done yet.
Coach Prime is a bitch. So are you scavenger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT