ADVERTISEMENT

Report Conclusion: Patriots deflated balls, Brady knew

Aug 12, 2013
Ted Wells released his report which concluded that it was "more likely than not" that the patriots deflated balls and that Tom Brady knew about it. Some funny texts are cited by the equipment people. Looks like the deflation went on throughout the season and possibly even last season. It will be pretty interesting to see how the NFL will punish them.

Ted Wells released his report which concluded that it was "more likely than not" that the patriots deflated balls and that Tom Brady knew about it. Some funny texts are cited by the equipment people. Looks like the deflation went on throughout the season and possibly even last season. It will be pretty interesting to see how the NFL will punish them.

As an experienced NFL how can you not notice the difference? The NFL will do squat against the cash cow of the league.

They'll probably fine Brady 50k, (which is like 5 bucks to him, when he's worth 120 million) and do nothing to the equipment guys. If they fire the equipment guys, I guarantee the equipment guys come out and say that Brady, Belichick and Kraft knew about it the whole time and go for blood.

That's what happens when you get older. Your balls start to deflate. Can't fine him for old age. Haha.

You have to like ball deflation jokes.......

The equipment guys are gone.....Kraft will take care of that (regardless of what the NFL penalty is). I suspect a hefty fine for Brady.....hard to suspend him based on "probable" and text message between other people. Toss him a $50K or $100K fine and stern verbal warning.....move on.

Of course he knew. I cant imagine any non-Patriot fan actually believed that Brady didnt know. Hell, Brady orchestrated the whole thing. Changing the inflation of a Brady football without his knowledge would be like regripping Tiger Woods clubs without his knowledge.

They have to do something, and because of who he is the last thing they want to do is sit him for any length of time, but the NFL will go on just fine even without Brady so I am certainly not ruling out a multi game suspension. However, I think, in order to appease everyone, it will be a half million dollar fine and no suspension. That way they can claim they laid the wood to him, and he doesn't have to miss any games. That's my prediction. He will be $500,000 less rich soon.

Brady was obviously behind it all, Belichick HAD to have known about it. Those texts were so hilarious too haha

I can tell you right now Brady and Manning are complete tools to be around if you are not a player or coach.....even then I am guessing there are exceptions especially if your drop passes or miss blocks. The fact those 2 don't give a turkey about hurting someone's feelings to win football games is part of why they are good at what they do.

I found those texts to be unprofessional and offensive.

I found throwing two low level clubhouse members under the bus when they are doing you a solid pretty unprofessional. Having your daddy come out publicly saying this is a giant frame job of his innocent son St. Tom was pretty unprofessional too. Cheating and getting caught then denying you even knew one of the participants is pretty unprofessional. I hope they hang Brady for this just for how slimy the whole thing feels.

Reactions: huskerj12
This is about as big of a deal as George Brett using pine tar.

The NFL needs to create these media sideshows to keep the focus off domestic violence and concussions.

My guess is that Brady will be suspended two games, fined $500,000 and the team will lose a first round draft pick or two non first rounders.

I found throwing two low level clubhouse members under the bus when they are doing you a solid pretty unprofessional. Having your daddy come out publicly saying this is a giant frame job of his innocent son St. Tom was pretty unprofessional too. Cheating and getting caught then denying you even knew one of the participants is pretty unprofessional. I hope they hang Brady for this just for how slimy the whole thing feels.

Yep. Sort of Ryan Braunesque/Lance Armstrongish imo. Sit him out a year and maybe he'll start taking it a little more seriously.

Reactions: resdog851
Hypothetically speaking, what if Brady is documented as saying "I want the game balls deflated to the minimum 12.5 psi, but only before any referees mess with them." This whole thing goes away.

This is about as big of a deal as George Brett using pine tar.

The NFL needs to create these media sideshows to keep the focus off domestic violence and concussions.
Someone listens to Collin Cowherd...Heard the guy say this exact same thing while I was waiting for the local show to come on.

It is kinda like Randy smoking weed - Of course it's not a big deal in itself, but it's the disregard to consequences that makes it an issue.

Randy smoked knowing full well that the biggest drug test of his life was coming up. Whether or not you think weed should be legal, it's not, and he got busted knowingly breaking a rule.

Brady deflated footballs to gain a tiny advantage. Whether or not you think deflating the footballs has any sort of effect on anything is beside the point. He got busted knowingly breaking a rule.

Now, there is no way that constitutes any sort of heavy punishment. It's a stain on his career, yet another stain on the Patriots' legacy, but the rule itself is pretty minor. It would be INSANE for him to get suspended for a whole year, for example. This isn't like PEDs or something.

I believe the report said it is more likely than not, not that they did it with out a doubt.

Kind of flimsy language if you ask me. And their smoking gun text messages read more sarcastic than anything damning to me.

It'll all blow over, no suspensions maybe a slap on the wrist fine for Brady.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT