ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruiting trail happenings: Tuesday 12/3 [Updated: 7:41pm]

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
IMG_4454-900x600.jpg

We have learned that Nebraska has been in contact with current Boston College DE/OLB Jah Joyner out of Danbury, Conn.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Joyner had landed an offer from the Huskers in the spring before making his decision to commit to Boston College. Now, Nebraska and several other schools are trying to get a visit out of Joyner before the early signing period.

(Nate)

====================================================

zejbqqivo0ujlrdtkskr

As I mentioned yesterday, Rivals250 DB Darion Green-Warren was set to host NU DL coach Tony Tuioti for an in-home visit.

I was told that, "The visit went great. Nothing but love for Coach T and Nebraska." USC visited Green-Warren on Sunday, Nebraska last night and Michigan is in today to see him,

Green-Warren will take an official visit to Michigan this coming weekend and it appears that he is down to USC, NU and Michigan for his final three. He will host Scott Frost and Travis Fisher next week before the dead period.

(Nate)

Nebraska OLB coach Jovan Dewitt was in Tyler, Texas today seeing Tyler JC DE/OLB Devere Levelston.

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Levelston was a qualifier out of high school which means he is a 4-for-3 mid-year transfer. He visit Illinois this weekend so it will be interesting to see if the Huskers can get him on campus next weekend before the Dec. 18 signing date.

Levelston is also teammates with OLB target Maureese Wren. I've been told that the Huskers have backed off of recruiting Wren who was originally supposed to visit NU this weekend.

(Nate)

====================================================

nmoufeznfur1rzczqrwp

I just spoke with Kilgore (Texas) Kilgore J.C. assistant coach Peter Hopkins about receiver Omar Manning and he said that Scott Frost will be coming down to see the No. 3 rated junior college recruit next week. Manning remains very high on Nebraska, according to Coach Hopkins.

"I think Nebraska is at the top of his list because that's all he talks about," Coach Hopkins said. "His status is still the same and I think Coach Frost is coming down to visit before the Christmas break."

Coach Hopkins was not aware of any other visits that Manning had set up, but a lot of top programs were still heavily pursuing him; and he believes that Manning would not be signing until February.

"He likes Nebraska because he just feels comfortable with the staff there."

The junior college All-American lists have not come out yet, but Coach Hopkins is confident Manning will be a first-team selection.

--------------------

Also, Bryan has confirmed that Oakdale (Conn.) St. Thomas More receiver Alante Brown has scheduled his official visit to Nebraska for December 11-13.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News