ADVERTISEMENT

Questions from a Gopher....

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?
Does it make you feel sad that Vegas has an 0-6 team as the favorite one year after your team pasted them? I don’t even know if Nebraska wins, but that’s embarrassing.

A lot of Nebraska media has been saying this is a done deal...that Nebraska is guaranteed to beat Minnesota this weekend and you've essentially already started focusing on Ohio State in 2 weeks. So I just had a couple quick questions.

1) What improvements are you guys seeing that closes the gap from the 54-21 loss you suffered to a 5-7 Gopher team last year without a D1 QB? This year's team is currently 3-3 and has a nice win vs a good Fresno State win. This year's Nebraska squad has a nice win vs....oh yeah that's right....

2) This is more a point then a question but the Gophers lead the all time series 32-24 and since Nebraska joined the Big Ten the Huskers lead the series 4-3, so it seems pretty even to me.

3) I just want to clarify that you guys know it is 2018, not 1994 and you're not a national powerhouse anymore?

A Minnesota fan talking smack? Wow, just wow! You have ZERO B1G wins this year.

Row your friggin boat!!!!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're a real Gopher fan. I'll also assume that you are hearing things in the Twin Cities regarding Nebraska guaranteeing a win. I will tell you, the coaches, players, and fans are in no position to overlook anyone on this schedule. Not even Bethune-Cookman at this point. Yes, there have been improvements but the way this team continues to shoot itself in the foot, nothing can be taken for granted.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're a real Gopher fan. I'll also assume that you are hearing things in the Twin Cities regarding Nebraska guaranteeing a win. I will tell you, the coaches, players, and fans are in no position to overlook anyone on this schedule. Not even Bethune-Cookman at this point. Yes, there have been improvements but the way this team continues to shoot itself in the foot, nothing can be taken for granted.

Spot on. My intent wasn't really to "talk smack" or brag up my own team because we clearly have our struggles too.

I've just been blown away by how confident some of the Husker fanbase has been about this game and just the assumption that Frost will be able to turn it around. Not saying he won't but so many have just assumed he is going to win big ten titles.

Reactions: sltldowney
Spot on. My intent wasn't really to "talk smack" or brag up my own team because we clearly have our struggles too.

I've just been blown away by how confident some of the Husker fanbase has been about this game and just the assumption that Frost will be able to turn it around. Not saying he won't but so many have just assumed he is going to win big ten titles.

We're confident about this game because are not as bad as the record indicates. We could very well and should be 4-2. Plus, we are do a win.

Having said that, there is no guarantee that we will win this game and by no means we are overlooking Minnesota. If we pull the same crap like we have the other 6 games we will come out with a loss.

10a372a8073819027708603798f27e96.jpg

Reactions: harpe141
I've just been blown away by how confident some of the Husker fanbase has been about this game and just the assumption that Frost will be able to turn it around.

You're a full of shit troll. First it was the media.... yet you've provided zero examples of the media predicting a win. Now it's the super confident Husker fanbase. Which one is it genius? You're blown away by your own imagination, because nothing you're using as your logic for being here exists in reality.

Please stop bothering Gopher fan. He’s obviously played a lot of sports and we know nothing. He knows that players and coaches should be thinking we have no chance to win, and should be stating that publicly. My guess is we’ll figure that out by Saturday morning and the teams will play in front of an empty stadium.

I'm blown away that someone whose team is 7-20 against NU since 1950 would declare the series "pretty even," then proceed to blather on about how Nebraska fans must be living in the past. Is the sheer stupidity of that post really lost on you?

how many National championships have you won?

Reactions: STPGopherfan
how many National championships have you won?

Don't feed the troll. I just can't figure out who the troll truly represents.

MNCs is about the only area that us Gopher fans can look back to. 7 National titles no matter how old they are is still better than 0 or 1 for many schools(BTW I am highly aware this does not apply to Nebraska). Coming forward to "modern" times, realistically I am hopeful that the Gophers can legitimately challenge for a BigTen West title sooner, than later.

What intrigues me about this Saturday's game is both programs have some similarities.

1. New coaches

2. Talent (though at different levels?) that is trying to learn and execute a new system.

3. Freshman QB's.

4. This is a big stretch, but i'll say it anyway. Both programs are trying to return to prominence.

The question both of our fan bases want to know is, did our AD's hire the right guy? If so, where are they at regarding installing their systems.

What kind kind of boat do you guys row ? Is it carbon? That would be elite.

I read your running back beat up his partner and was arrested on a domestic dispute. Will he play this weekend?

Reactions: SkerInCo

Really, in the scheme of things, I dont give a shit about this game. Yeah, it would be good for the players to win. I haven't been so downtrodden that I would be excited for a win over Minnesota. I don't think about Minnesota. (except for lake of the woods)

I think it will be a tight game. I'm not confident.

Frost will win a B1G title.

you are full of shit..... your intent was definitely to talk smack. don't have to get to far into your first post to see it plain as day. I don't see anyone who thinks Nebraska will definitely win, it certainly isn't here. Either you have little man syndrome about your program, or you are here to kick us while were down. Either way you'd fit in wonderfully in Iowa City.

Since I live in the twin cities I had the privilege of listening to local sports guy (Dan Barreiro) this afternoon confident that the huskers would win. His partner agreed with him. In fact, they’re saying Nebraska should forget about Minnesota this week and devote 2 weeks to Ohio State (okay, I made that last part up).

Where does he (they) get off being confident in a husker victory over his hometown squad?

I wanna know, OP... why is this?

I wasn't confident. I watched the Fresno St. game. The Huskers have lost because of errors. They should have beaten multiple teams already.

I feel like they put it all together, and do bad things to the Goofs. New Era.

#fakenews

Since I live in the twin cities I had the privilege of listening to local sports guy (Dan Barreiro) this afternoon confident that the huskers would win. His partner agreed with him. In fact, they’re saying Nebraska should forget about Minnesota this week and devote 2 weeks to Ohio State (okay, I made that last part up).

Where does he (they) get off being confident in a husker victory over his hometown squad?

I wanna know, OP... why is this?
Since you live there you know Dan Barreiro is a douche bag. He hasn't said anything good about any Gopher sports team in decades.

Since you live there you know Dan Barreiro is a douche bag. He hasn't said anything good about any Gopher sports team in decades.
Dodging the question, I see. Not surprised...

Minnesota sports personalities think the huskers will win. Yet you come to our board and admonish is for a fictitious account. No one here in Nebraska is assuming a husker victory, you made it up. When asked, you didn’t even provide one sports personality in Nebraska saying the huskers were a lock to win. Not a single one.

I provided you with not one, but two right here in Minnesota, who say Nebraska will win, and all you can do is call him a douchebag.

You’re a troll, plain and simple.

Dodging the question, I see. Not surprised...

Minnesota sports personalities think the huskers will win. Yet you come to our board and admonish is for a fictitious account. No one here in Nebraska is assuming a husker victory, you made it up. When asked, you didn’t even provide one sports personality in Nebraska saying the huskers were a lock to win. Not a single one.

I provided you with not one, but two right here in Minnesota, who say Nebraska will win, and all you can do is call him a douchebag.

You’re a troll, plain and simple.
I have been on this board for years, I am not the guy who posted the original post. You are arguing with the wrong guy. No where have I said anything about Nebraska fans assuming a win or any thing else, nobody asked me to provide names of any sports personalities in Nebraska and their predictions. I never dodged the question, since I wasn't part of the conversation you are referring to. I just commented on Barreiro. There isn't a Gopher fan in Minnesota that has paid attention to him for years. Next time reply to the right person.

Reactions: Gopher it up
I doubt that he’s a Minnesota fan. More likely one of the nutty UCF trolls. Or the crazy Purdue troll.

Starting to subscribe to the lone gunman theory. I think all the dolts on the grassy knoll are just alter egos.

Like he/them, I have no evidence to support this. Not even calling it a claim. But someone else said it and I'm starting to agree; there can't be this many UCF nutjobs out there. Not among a fan base that has trouble filling a 44k stadium.

I have been on this board for years, I am not the guy who posted the original post. You are arguing with the wrong guy. No where have I said anything about Nebraska fans assuming a win or any thing else, nobody asked me to provide names of any sports personalities in Nebraska and their predictions. I never dodged the question, since I wasn't part of the conversation you are referring to. I just commented on Barreiro. There isn't a Gopher fan in Minnesota that has paid attention to him for years. Next time reply to the right person.
You’re right, my bad... I should have looked closer at the person posting. And yes, I have seen you post in the past and respectfully as well. I have never thought of you as a troll then, and after clarifying, don’t view you as one now.

Again, apologies.

You’re right, my bad... I should have looked closer at the person posting. And yes, I have seen you post in the past and respectfully as well. I have never thought of you as a troll then, and after clarifying, don’t view you as one now.

Again, apologies.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I have lived here a long time and have watched the Gophers lose way more times than win in football, basketball and baseball. So, I have no confidence in a Gopher victory. I will be there cheering for them. Best of luck today.

I was surprised that the entire ESPN Gameday crew picked Nebraska to win. Too bad Butthurt Gopher Fan wasn't there to storm the set and demand an explanation.
Butthurt UCF (or maybe Purdue) Fan would probably be more accurate.

UCF fan obsessions....? You guys had your own fans at their games last season...In orlando
^ Yep.

Sure, there are UCF fans that 'push it' here. But most UCF fans only wish Frost the best, and know he'll turn the program around. In fact, before he left, a lot of us were worried what might become if Frost, at the hands of expecting Nebraska fans (who canned a lot of great coaches), slipped into a rut like this to start.

Because, and this is key to understand ...

Nebraska in '18 is like UCF in '04, not '15.
UCF in '15 was "well stocked" with a talent.
UCF '04 was not.

So ... majority of UCF fans have just wanted Nebraska fans to 'be realistic' and 'stop insulting' UCF. UCF was winning before Frost arrived. UCF will keep winning after Heupel leaves.

We hope the same comes of Nebraska.
We honestly do.
Most of us don't hold ill will towards Frost either.

At most, we're only pissed about our recruiting info getting wiped.
But we don't think Frost was behind it.

I'm sorry there are a few UCF fans sticking it in the eyes of Nebraska fans.
But understand we had to deal with a lot of Nebraska fans in '17.
And most were often very ignorant of UCF football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT