ADVERTISEMENT

Practice report 3.

sfrost

Blackshirt
Nov 29, 2003
I’ve always said one practice doesn’t mean much so I want to compare what I saw last practice w this one and see if the things I observed in the first report hold true.

1. Casey T was better than Logan today. I thought the opposite last time. I stand by my thoughts on Casey. He’s awesome in the pocket. He’s got a good release and very accurate on short passes. Good leader. His deep ball is ok when he just launches it and let’s the receiver run under it. The lack of arm strength comes into play when he has the throw deeper sideline routes where he has to drive the ball. At the end of the day I think he’s an upgrade just because of his pocket presence and ball security.
2. This time the defense won some battles. It was pretty even. Or closer to even.
3. Grant is the real deal. Grant and Yant baby.
4. Z Betts is not a big loss. Yea. I said it. He can run really fast straight. Sucks losing talent but he’s not a great receiver.
5. Alante Brown seems to have emerged as a leader. Very vocal. Trey Palmer will be the guy. He was very good today.
6. I might be crazy for saying this but it looks like the line has the guys to be good. With the right coaching and everyone healthy let me predict that they will be an upgrade this year. The things DR teaches is way different than anything I’ve heard before.
7. Our D line is going to get us beat. No nose. No depth. Need portal help NOW. Nash can lift a ton but can play football at a high level. At least not yet. Not sure we will be able to rush the passer either.
8. Really like the rest of the D which is unfortunate because If u don’t have it up front the rest doesn’t matter. LB have great depth. Secondary has great depth. The additions really helped the back end. Hill, Singleton, Morton, Gould played well with the first two groups.

Final take. I don’t believe Scott is a great leader of men. He’s smart. He has great experience. Knowledge of the game. Support. And I’m not saying he’s a terrible leader of men. Just not great. And this is something u can grow into and I don’t think it’s happened. And at the end of the day that’s the piece that will be his undoing.
From the do as I say not as I do behavior. To always blaming others. Throwing people under the bus. I think most guys probably like playing for him. But I don’t think dudes will run through the wall for him. Maybe I’m wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News