ADVERTISEMENT

Post spring game….

… first portal person???

Hate this part

How many are we over the scholarship limit ? Seems like it was about 15. Several positions we could shore up with some portal additions so some scholarship,guys either need to go walk on or portal out.

Welll how many over the limit are they sitting at? I wouldn't falt HH if he at leat looked around to see who would be interested.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
There will be more.
Overall, NU has not had good luck with the kids from Florida, high school or transferred in.

I think over time we are going to be surprised that some guys leave that have been playing. No doubt, Rhule has a philosophy of playing a lot of guys on both sides of the ball. Some kids want to own all the snaps.

Reactions: mgbreis
Wow, that one surprises me. He seemed like he was in line for some quality PT this year.
Actually it isn’t all that surprising. He has a couple of young guys pushing him for snaps and barring multiple injuries his PT was going to be limited. He has one year left and wants to play.

Reactions: BleedRed78
There has to be. I figured we would lose several DBs and LBs.
At least with the portal, at some point this year NU will know what they have to work with.

I think NU can sustain some losses, though we'd rather not. Maybe NU can pick up a couple in the portal to fill some needs.

After having seen Dylan throw the ball in the Spring Game it could set NU up to pick up a really nice receiver.

Overall, NU has not had good luck with the kids from Florida, high school or transferred in.

I think over time we are going to be surprised that some guys leave that have been playing. No doubt, Rhule has a philosophy of playing a lot of guys on both sides of the ball. Some kids want to own all the snaps.
What other players have transferred from the university of Florida, to say Nebraska has not had good luck with those players? Considering Borders is from Georgia, then it would have to be Florida U, you are talking about.

Reactions: mgbreis
What other players have transferred from the university of Florida, to say Nebraska has not had good luck with those players? Considering Borders is from Georgia, then it would have to be Florida U, you are talking about.
Without looking I think Collier was from Florida, I thought we signed 6 kids under Frost and maybe none of them even took a snap.

I could be mistaken cause I'm not very dialed into football at the moment.

Without looking I think Collier was from Florida, I thought we signed 6 kids under Frost and maybe none of them even took a snap.

I could be mistaken cause I'm not very dialed into football at the moment.
So Collier and Borders didn't work out. Ortiz the LS just signed a free agent deal in the NFL. So 3 players met the same criteria as Borders, but you figured you could add in, Florida high school players, of which Borders is not one, in an effort to prove an insignificant point.

Which is it, not much luck with Florida high school players or players that transferred from the university of Florida?

So Collier and Borders didn't work out. Ortiz the LS just signed a free agent deal in the NFL. So 3 players met the same criteria as Borders, but you figured you could add in, Florida high school players, of which Borders is not one, in an effort to prove an insignificant point.

Which is it, not much luck with Florida high school players or players that transferred from the university of Florida?
What is your fcking point? That everything everyone on here says has to have a significant point?

Did I not say, "without looking" and "I could be mistaken?"

Last edited:
Can't it be both? Just the state of Florida in general, is what he meant (I think).
To clarify, I meant from the state of Florida, seems like some kids signed under Frost and left shortly, and I seemed to recall Collier just booked out of here, and yes, because I didn't look I was thinking Borders was from Florida, when he was from Georgia.

I guess I didn't realize everything had to be fact checked when I had 2 different disclaimers. LOL

Not meant for you Husker O. No offense to Tuco either, but I'm mentally tired at the moment.

Reactions: HuskerO
To clarify, I meant from the state of Florida, seems like some kids signed under Frost and left shortly, and I seemed to recall Collier just booked out of here, and yes, because I didn't look I was thinking Borders was from Florida, when he was from Georgia.

I guess I didn't realize everything had to be fact checked when I had 2 different disclaimers. LOL

Not meant for you Husker O. No offense to Tuco either, but I'm mentally tired at the moment.
Frost signed about 42,000 kids from the state of Florida, almost none of whom ever contributed here.

We sucked under Scott Frost. I don't think it mattered where they were from.
Yep, That was the first oh,oh, moment for me on Frost, as I am reading reports on interviews from older Husker players saying the younger players don't really know Coach Frost.He didn't talk the them or only a select few. This coach was making 5 million + perks a year. And he had supporters who knew this!! Young players, away from home and so they left. No surprise to me.

Chief was a great locker room guy. Hate to see him go but he's a rotational player and was going to have to share time with Prince, MJ, Noonan who's now healthy not to mention McGahee we'll probably play a role. I think he just wanted more playing time and that's cool.

Bootle the Younger, Tommi, Barney, McGahee and Shavers are Florida guys that have worked out, or very much look like they will work out. But if a player from Florida perceives that NU is not working out, I bet Lincoln seems a long way from home. Fortunately for them, there are plenty of options to play good football in their home state.

In general I think we should agree to not apply issues from the Frost regime to Rhule. Also, the time when all those guys from Florida left during Frost's time might as well have been 1994. This moment in time with NIL and the free ability to transfer is unlike anything any coach has ever previously navigated. Players WILL leave, we're not immune.

Just hold your breath and hope we get through the next few weeks without any established starters deciding to chase the dolla bills. Like, there could be a real nut punch that we don't even see coming.

In general I think we should agree to not apply issues from the Frost regime to Rhule. Also, the time when all those guys from Florida left during Frost's time might as well have been 1994. This moment in time with NIL and the free ability to transfer is unlike anything any coach has ever previously navigated. Players WILL leave, we're not immune.

Just hold your breath and hope we get through the next few weeks without any established starters deciding to chase the dolla bills. Like, there could be a real nut punch that we don't even see coming.
There are only a handful of guys who are irreplaceable and they’re basically all on the DL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT