ADVERTISEMENT

Positives....

ru4nu2win

All-American
May 2, 2006
Yes there are positives! Our defense is pretty darn good and lots of young talent! Just got hung out to dry by the offense. We DO have a lot of talent here. Something to build on for sure. Just have to find our footing on offense and we still have a chance to at least win six games JMHO!

We'll know what we have with our head coach now until the end of the season if they improve or not. If they do, bright future for sure!

Reactions: dinglefritz
The good news is that we won't see another offense this year as good as Colorado's.

The bad news is that our offense is bad enough to lose to any team on the schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
7 sacks in 1 game is a good thing. I am confident we win in Boulder with a real running game. It's embarrassing how bad the O line is.

There’s some young talent on defense including the DC.

Need to start having the offense hold up their end before the defense is tired of it.
Sure, if mid 3* is talent. It’s what we’ll have to deal with as a school from here on out. Rhule ain’t in Texas anymore.

The good news is that we won't see another offense this year as good as Colorado's.

The bad news is that our offense is bad enough to lose to any team on the schedule.
That offensive line is going to get pushed around all year. We'll see if Mr Heisman survives the year.

Reactions: Lincoln100
People said that about Chinander 2 years ago as well as several different DB coaches.
Big difference between Chinander and White is that White was a defensive coordinator at a power 5 school and his defense at Syracuse finished back to back years in the top 25 in total defense. Chinander had no such credentials so it is not a similar comparison.

Our defense is good enough to go 8-4 this year, our offense is good enough to go 4-8, HOPEFULLY it averages out to 6-6 and we get to a bowl game.

If we don’t find a QB in the off-season and White leaves, our program is in a world of hurt

The positives are that every aspect of the team is at least “okay”…except for the most important position.

We played three. How many did we travel?
You think the QB depth chart changes this week? Of course not.

It's not a competition at QB, its a matter if Sims plays himself out of the position via turnovers.

But, is the QB competition open? Of course not.

Sims has to have a commanding lead in turnovers nationally after only 2 games.

Last edited:
Just think - last yr we were making fun at Brian F. for their horrid offense, and ours is worse. We are averaging 12 pts/game. Not going to win many games with that few of points!
What is worse... being a KKK coached offense or having an inept offense

You think the QB depth chart changes this week? Of course not.

It's not a competition at QB, its a matter if Sims plays himself out of the position via turnovers.

But, is the QB competition open? Of course not.

Sims has to have a commanding lead in turnovers nationally after only 2 games.
I think HH will play this weekend. Sims may still start.

We are playing a lot of young players in key positions which will payoff down the road
Gbayor has come out of seemingly nowhere and provided some nice plays. Van Poppel filled in nicely and made an impact play or two. No doubt Cameron is gonna be a good one.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fields being given some snaps. So what if he makes mistakes? He'll be making mistakes at a very high rate of speed.

Makes you wonder if the true freshmen WR's could actually make a contribution if they were running routes that make them the #1 priority. Be nice to find out.

You cannot take a physically gifted kid like Malachi and let him play one snap against MN, then a handful of plays vs. CU, then another few here and there for 2 games and then redshirt him.

That's a great way to send that kid packing. You don't think Sanders would take him in a heartbeat?

Last edited:
Gbayor has come out of seemingly nowhere and provided some nice plays. Van Poppel filled in nicely and made an impact play or two. No doubt Cameron is gonna be a good one.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fields being given some snaps. So what if he makes mistakes? He'll be making mistakes at a very high rate of speed.

Makes you wonder if the true freshmen WR's could actually make a contribution if they were running routes that make them the #1 priority. Be nice to find out.

You cannot take a physically gifted kid like Malachi and let him play one snap against MN, then a handful of plays vs. CU, then another few here and there for 2 games and then redshirt him.

That's a great way to send that kid packing. You don't think Sanders would take him in a heartbeat?
I heard or read somewhere that Coleman has some kind of a nagging injury. Hamstring maybe?

7 sacks in 1 game is a good thing. I am confident we win in Boulder with a real running game. It's embarrassing how bad the O line is.
Were not great but some of it is scheme. We could have lined up and road graded these guys by the 3rd quarter. We simply choose to do stupid shit.

Were not great but some of it is scheme. We could have lined up and road graded these guys by the 3rd quarter. We simply choose to do stupid shit.
The fumbles really derailed the game. We played right into their strengths. Not sure how someone with as much experience as sims can't handle a snap or give the ball to rb without fumbling.

We chose to road grade them and it worked. We had over 5.4 YPC on 41 carries and that’s with 2 sacks factored in. We only threw it 22 times. 3 fumbles, all on running plays and one interception are the only reasons we were not in this.

Satterfield actually called a pretty good game, he did not choose for Sims to hand over the ball 4 times. Time to see Haarberg next game. Break him in at home vs. Northern Illinois.

Any average offense should get 30 minimum against this weak CU defense. USC is going to annihilate them.

We chose to road grade them and it worked. We had over 5.4 YPC on 41 carries and that’s with 2 sacks factored in. We only threw it 22 times. 3 fumbles, all on running plays and one interception are the only reasons we were not in this.

Satterfield actually called a pretty good game, he did not choose for Sims to hand over the ball 4 times. Time to see Haarberg next game. Break him in at home vs. Northern Illinois.

Any average offense should get 30 minimum against this weak CU defense. USC is going to annihilate them.
Might seem that way....but Prime has them riding high and playing with an attitude. Won't be surprised to see them win 10 games this season.

My problem with Satterfield is the cute BS that we are trying to do, when we are on a roll. We don't need some of the motion shit at crucial times. I know it seems elementary that we get the snap timing down, But For F sake we are so mistake prone...why even mess with it?

I think most of us at this point would take a boring Iowa style win.

Might seem that way....but Prime has them riding high and playing with an attitude. Won't be surprised to see them win 10 games this season.

My problem with Satterfield is the cute BS that we are trying to do, when we are on a roll. We don't need some of the motion shit at crucial times. I know it seems elementary that we get the snap timing down, But For F sake we are so mistake prone...why even mess with it?

I think most of us at this point would take a boring Iowa style win.
I love the motions and pulling blockers. It’s what Callahan did, it dominates the numbers game and it works. Catching snaps and handing the ball off is something every QB has to do on every “Iowa” play and failure to execute that is not the result of “getting too cute”.

I love the motions and pulling blockers. It’s what Callahan did, it dominates the numbers game and it works. Catching snaps and handing the ball off is something every QB has to do on every “Iowa” play and failure to execute that is not the result of “getting too cute”.
Yes schematically its fine when you have players that can execute it on the regular. If we were struggling hearing the snap count or whatever the noise problems was. We should have been limiting those kinds of moves.

We are a low functioning offensive ball club. There is no room for any kind of plays that call for timing and intricate ball handling. Sorry but right now we are a Pop Warner offense at best and should be handled as such. Embarrassing...I know!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT