ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

I prefer voluptuous booty over general booty
image.gif

Reactions: 10Trvln
This looks a lot like my old cabin view as a kid in Minnesota.. That isn't Big Stone lake by chance?
nope, not the big stone nor traverse either. it's lake irene which is the northern most feeder of the long prairie system into lake miltona, darling, and so on, north of alexandria. i too fished big stone as a youngster. living in sioux city at the time, my gramps loved bullheads. it was loaded with 'em. he called them: big ole yellow bellies. lol, iowa walleye.

wafyellowbullhead

Last edited:
nope, not the big stone nor traverse either. it's lake irene which is the northern most feeder of the long prairie system into lake miltona, darling, and so on, north of alexandria. i too fished big stone as a youngster. living in sioux city at the time, my gramps loved bullheads. it was loaded with 'em. he called them: big ole yellow bellies. lol, iowa walleye.

wafyellowbullhead
yep, we used to catch a lot of stripers and once in awhile a walleye just north of ortonville. Also went up to lake Traverse a few times for dinner, I forget the steakhouse up there, but had a lot of good times. Lot's of great places to fish in Minnesota.

Reactions: AVeritas
Me
yep, we used to catch a lot of stripers and once in awhile a walleye just north of ortonville. Also went up to lake Traverse a few times for dinner, I forget the steakhouse up there, but had a lot of good times. Lot's of great places to fish in Minnesota.
Yes I go up near Hackensack Mn to fish. Absolutely love the area

Woche had zero shot of ever taking a snap in a game for NU. We could take an unrecruited class B walk on this fall that started in high school but didn't plan on playing in college and replace Woche IMO
In some ways, he looked better in the spring game than DK.. he had a lot fewer reps, so hard to make any big conclusions, but I thought he looked pretty good. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Reactions: huskerfan66
In some ways, he lo'oked better in the spring game than DK.. he had a lot fewer reps, so hard to make any big conclusions, but I thought he looked pretty good. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
I don't think Woche threw a ball within 10 yards of a receiver. He looked awful. He played like 10 snaps for his high school team and it wasn't because of an injury. He can't pass and he can't run. I'm not sure why you think he looked better than DK. He was allowed to walk on because of Rhule's relationship with a Texas coach.

Rhule said he might take a portal QB. Do we want General Booty?? :cool:
we probably need to find one QB for depth. Longval gives us a reasonable #4 but I think 5 QBs in that room would be a safer number. Replacing Woche with a better option should be EZ. Do we have a recruit this year who also played some QB in high school for an emergency situation?

we probably need to find one QB for depth. Longval gives us a reasonable #4 but I think 5 QBs in that room would be a safer number. Replacing Woche with a better option should be EZ. Do we have a recruit this year who also played some QB in high school for an emergency situation?
Barney. But he's going to be playing at wr. No way he's getting qb practice snaps.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don't we already have a new walk on QB coming in the Fall by the name of Soukup?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't think Woche threw a ball within 10 yards of a receiver. He looked awful. He played like 10 snaps for his high school team and it wasn't because of an injury. He can't pass and he can't run. I'm not sure why you think he looked better than DK. He was allowed to walk on because of Rhule's relationship with a Texas coach.
once again showing your ignorance

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Iowa is a sh1tty school with a sh1tty football team that has a terrible fan base and no guarantee to start or even play for literally the worst offense in the bigten, but maybe he’ll see it as a challenge….if so, poor kid. iowa is a clown program.
i've read lines like this about k-state and nebraska in other places. it must be internet cut&paste, only the proper names change.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
once again showing your ignorance
I rewatched the 4th quarter of the game last night. He did in fact throw 2 completions in addition to his crappy throws to the endzone. He’s still not a P5 QB or a viable option to ever play for us. He’s been behind Longval the entirety of his stay in Lincoln.

I rewatched the 4th quarter of the game last night. He did in fact throw 2 completions in addition to his crappy throws to the endzone. He’s still not a P5 QB or a viable option to ever play for us. He’s been behind Longval the entirety of his stay in Lincoln.
Longval sucks

Iowa is a sh1tty school with a sh1tty football team that has a terrible fan base and no guarantee to start or even play for literally the worst offense in the bigten, but maybe he’ll see it as a challenge….if so, poor kid. iowa is a clown program.
They have a clown offense and a stubborn head coach..
Parker has one of the best defensive teams in the B1G year in and year out..

They’ve had 11 winnings seasons consecutively so I can’t say their a clown program..

Looking forward to the New B1G and Nebraska is definitely moving in the right direction after 7 losing seasons..

What's the point in dumping on a 4th string walk on QB? Obviously he's not going to see the field ahead of the three scholarship QBs unless there's some really freak situation. But he's putting in time to practice like the others and IMO should be praised for accepting his role and working hard like the others.
it's in context only to Dingle who basically said the same of Woche.. who clearly is better.. Why didn't you direct your same question to Dingle for dumping on Jack? Is it somehow allowed because Jack entered the portal?

This board is so frustrating at times.. you have a culture where you can't criticize anything about the current players, unless they leave the team, then it's open season. It's like a cult mentality with some of you people.

it's in context only to Dingle who basically said the same of Woche.. who clearly is better.. Why didn't you direct your same question to Dingle for dumping on Jack? Is it somehow allowed because Jack entered the portal?

This board is so frustrating at times.. you have a culture where you can't criticize anything about the current players, unless they leave the team, then it's open season. It's like a cult mentality with some of you people.
It's was a generic comment that applies to anybody dumping on any walk on player. I don't read all the threads but I just happened to read your post. Walk ons, no matter how good or bad we fans may think they are, deserve our respect for the work they put in to be part of the team. Now if they should lose us a game, then yes they open themselves up as fair game for criticism. But otherwise most walk ons won't ever be in that position,

I appreciate you offering a different perspective in all things football … and life in general.

And Woche bailed out on us. I repeat, Woche didn’t even play for his high school team. Longval was slated to start for Iowa Western before he tried out and was offered a PWO by Rhule.

Poor baby.

You're right. This board should gear towards the culture of criticizing current players only.

That wouldn't be a cult like mentality at all.

• Haha
Reactions: NYC-Husker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT