ADVERTISEMENT

Polar Bear to wrestle.

I watched several of Nash's high school wrestling matches - he simply overwhelmed his opponents with his mass and power. If he got back to wrestling shape I think he could be very competitive... not a title contender but definitely All-American right out of the gate.

Reactions: HBK4life
Dude is a machine. On a highly ranked team he would be all conference all day.

Reactions: V-Doub
I watched several of Nash's high school wrestling matches - he simply overwhelmed his opponents with his mass and power. If he got back to wrestling shape I think he could be very competitive... not a title contender but definitely All-American right out of the gate.
You think he'd be a top 8 wrestler in the country?

I am a big fan of the Polar Bear, but I don’t think he would earn AA status. He has been out if wrestling for 2-3 years and it would be tough to just step right in and dominate. I do think he would help as NU is pretty weak at 285 right now.

Wrestlers reaching Rd 4 at each weight attain AA. If he got back into wrestling shape he would be a force at HWT, easily Top8 HWT/AA. Disclaimer: there are always upsets in the early rounds.

Last edited:
Wrestlers reaching Rd 4 at each weight attain AA. If he got back into wrestling shape he would be a force at HWT, easily Top8 HWT/AA. Disclaimer: there are always upsets in the early rounds.
Any idea what his national HS ranking was in HWT?
Guess I never gave it a ton of thought, but it'd be a great opportunity if he was a top 5 guy in his weight class / for his HS class.

Is he training with the wrestling team to comdition or training to actually wrestle? Because he's listed at 330 lbs. Dropping 45 lbs for a NT who I assume has NFL aspirations is crazy.
Its almost certainly off-season conditioning only if he is indeed in the wrestling room. Too much cut in order to compete, not impossible but would need alot more runway to get there.

get gardener in there to give him some gold tips

Last edited:

I personally think he’ll instantly be one of the top heavyweights nationally. But I selfishly don’t really want him wrestling. He’s too valuable to the football team IMO. I’m not telling him he can’t if I’m Matt Rhule, but would definitely make it clear how important he is to football team. That being said, hope Nash kicks some ass on the mat and stays 100% healthy.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I personally think he’ll instantly be one of the top heavyweights nationally. But I selfishly don’t really want him wrestling. He’s too valuable to the football team IMO. I’m not telling him he can’t if I’m Matt Rhule, but would definitely make it clear how important he is to football team. That being said, hope Nash kicks some ass on the mat and stays 100% healthy.
Yeah I would pump the brakes on hyping him. Wrestling is an extremely technical sport. Hopefully he enjoys it and more power to him for giving it a go.

Agree with everything but the first sentence. Hope he does well but not sure he instantly kicks ass. I think he would instantly help in duals over what we have right now. Don’t think he ever gets pinned but may take some time to get back into wrestling mode.

I coached wrestling years ago and had this 119 pounder...going into his senior year. The kid was carved out of stone, it was amazing. He sucked at wrestling though. So I thought, he can't get the skill part down in time but maybe we can make him the strongest MFer at 119 and he can overpower kids???

Kid ended up with a bench press over 225 and a squat over 300 (I think) with his shirt off he looked like a stone cold killer.

But on the mat it really didn't matter. I think he finished right around .500 his senior year and did not place high enough at districts to make state.

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
Agree with everything but the first sentence. Hope he does well but not sure he instantly kicks ass. I think he would instantly help in duals over what we have right now. Don’t think he ever gets pinned but may take some time to get back into wrestling mode.

Possibly, I just know this (and wrestling fans won’t like this) when I was in HS and college (only played 1 season of D3 football due to injuries) pretty much every quality player on both my HS and college FB teams could whip the the wrestlers at their own sport. Just far better, stronger and more agile athletes at similar weights.

Now, IDK how that will translate in D1 wrestling? But from my own personal experience, the best football players are just far superior athletes. I personally could whip every wrestler in HS (at my weight) and I never had any real wrestling training outside of what they teach everyone in JrH Pys-ed wrestling.

So, that’s mostly what I’m basing my opinion on. Could be completely anecdotal and wrong. We’ll see…

Possibly, I just know this (and wrestling fans won’t like this) when I was in HS and college (only played 1 season of D3 football due to injuries) pretty much every quality player on both my HS and college FB teams could whip the the wrestlers at their own sport. Just far better, stronger and more agile athletes at similar weights.

Now, IDK how that will translate in D1 wrestling? But from my own personal experience, the best football players are just far superior athletes. I personally could whip every wrestler in HS (at my weight) and I never had any real wrestling training outside of what they teach everyone in JrH Pys-ed wrestling.

So, that’s mostly what I’m basing my opinion on. Could be completely anecdotal and wrong. We’ll see…
Did you **** all their girlfriends too :)

Would love for that to happen immediately, but have my doubts it happens right away. Would be great if it does as that would fill a weight class we are sorely lacking. We seem to have about 4 studs who should easily make AA. Then 2-3 more have the potential. With only 10 weight classes, every one where a team can score points at NCAAs is critical.

I’m assuming that Rhule is at least cool with this move. I’m assuming the coaches think Nash will be even more effective at about 20 less pounds than last season. The muscle memory he is getting in the wrestling room will be valuable.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3

Well, when I wrestled in high school, the basketball players were the cocky dickheads. They were more popular in terms of fan support, and they let us know it. The basketball coach got tired of them disrespecting us, so he had them practice with us one day. We took it to those mother effers for about 45 minutes. That practice is where the term ‘fish’ originates. It was a beautiful lesson in humility.

So what is it that you are saying? if he wins and wrestles well is because he plays football? Hell then, why have wrestling practice--the wrestling team should be practicing football!

oh and BTW--so your football team had some 98lb guys in HS and in college you had 125lb guys playing football----LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT