ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Pitt transfer John Hugley IV to visit Nebraska (4/14/23 update: Hugley has canceled the visit)

Steve Marik

Defensive Coordinator
Staff
Mar 9, 2014
I've confirmed that John Hugley IV, who spent the past three seasons at Pittsburgh, will visit Nebraska from April 17-19.

Hugley is a 6-foot-9, 265-pound big from Cleveland, Ohio. He only played in eight games this past season before sitting out the rest of the year to focus on his mental and physical health — he dealt with a pre-season knee injury and wasn't himself at the start of the campaign. In those eight games, he averaged eight points and 3.6 rebounds. Here's what he tweeted back in January:

"Panther Nation, thank you for your continued support throughout a challenging year for me mentally as well as physically. I want nothing more than to be on the court with my teammates, however due to an injury and my mental health being a priority; after long discussions and talks with my coaches, family and mentors, I have decided the best course of action for me will be to sit out the remainder of the season to fully invest in healing mentally as well as physically."

In the 2021-22 season, Hugley started 32 games for the Panthers and averaged 14.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game while shooting 47% from the field and 71% at the free-throw line. That season he recorded nine double-doubles, including a 32-point, 13-rebound effort in a win over Boston College.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News