ADVERTISEMENT

OWH: Rape reported at TA's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes since we're not FSU I'm sure everyone involved will be tarred and feathered

From what was heard on the police scanner (not me someone else), it wasn't one of the 3 who live there, but someone who was there at a house party.
Yea it sounds like something like that.

This is definitely not good... That lady from Oregon is going to be all over this like stink on S***
That's exactly what I was referring to with my original post. I am sure those that want him gone will draw a correlation to this case.

If the allegation is true, punish those who did this or helped to the fullest extent of the law, period.

If the allegation is knowingly false, then punish the accuser to the fullest extent of the law.

I do not which is true, so my prayer is that the truth comes out.
Yep +1

These things typically come down to he said/she said.

23CA4454A86E100F8E693348662A17DA.jpg

If the allegation is true, punish those who did this or helped to the fullest extent of the law, period.

If the allegation is knowingly false, then punish the accuser to the fullest extent of the law.

I do not which is true, so my prayer is that the truth comes out.
Agreed, I have some legal 'experience' in these matters. Usually you don't go running directly to the police for a simple case of groping or harassment.
I'm hoping everything is good, but this is likely to raise a hell storm with our past with this.

This will force lots of questions to be asked to get the truth out. It should because this needs to have the truth come out.

That said players and coaches need to stay focused on school and the plans for the game. When they need to address this with law enforcement, be honest. When asked by the media, right now say nothing and have the legal process work it self out. But fully cooperate with the legal process

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_56f85eab-6c7a-5742-b0fa-169bdbc2a06d.html

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/news/...cle_12b8185c-8d51-11e5-a264-2fc4e35a8004.html

So from the news reports, the incident happened after about 2:15 am, so we know Armstrong and Westy would have been back in Lincoln before 12:30, as implied in the OWH article. You can imply that Armstrong was home, but don't know if Westy was by what litte information there is.

The article says the incident happened "at" this residence. It doesn't specify if the incident happened "inside" the residence. The low temperature was 57 degrees for Lincoln on the morning of the 15th. So IMO, without more information, you can't rule out outside, or in a vehicle in the driveway.

The female is reported to have gone to the hospital at 2:30 pm, and officers at some unknown time when to the house and spoke to TA and Westy. The article doesn't say, but had the incident occurred inside the house, and on a bed, police would likely be looking for physical evidence. There's no mention of anyt evidence being taken from the house, but that doesn't mean there wasn't.

I can't speak for LPD, but in my experience, if a suspect was located there, he'd likely be requested to come in for an interview. Doesn't appear this was the case, but it is not clear by any of the reports. It wouldn't be uncommon to just speak to the occupants of the home, there if they were just 'there' when the incident occurred.

One of the articles says that the accuser knows the suspect. If they have any 'physical' evidence, they'd likely be requesting a DNA sample from the suspect.

TA's statements: "We’re confused about the whole situation. From what we’re hearing, everything was consensual.”

"We're" or "we are". Curious who all is "We" referring to in his statement?

If they are hearing "everything was consensual," then whoever the alleged suspect is, appears to be admitting there was intercourse between the victim and suspect.

Total speculation based on limited information, but I don't think either TA or Westy, or any resident of that house is the alleged "suspect." JMHO but there is no way this story doesn't break sooner if the accuser was claiming it was one of them. I could be wrong.

Of course reporting this 12 hours later, creates difficulty with the investigation as far as evidence goes.

I'm sure the reporters will continue digging.

Man.. such a tough subject. Rape is absolute BS, but the following day regret after the alcohol burns off can ruin someone's life. Agree with the posters above. If it is rape throw the book, but if its fabricated, go after the accuser.

Man.. such a tough subject. Rape is absolute BS, but the following day regret after the alcohol burns off can ruin someone's life. Agree with the posters above. If it is rape throw the book, but if its fabricated, go after the accuser.

And if one says it was, and the other says it wasn't...

These reports really suck for the people mentioned as it has already ruined part of their lives and they don't even know it yet. Your name being mentioned in this will haunt them forever. Even if they are not the guilty party (and whoever did it if it wasn't consensual needs their junk cut off) their names have been linked to it. These stories have probably been shared 10,000 times on social media already. Stories like this shouldn't be released until a suspect is named.

I pray this girl gets the treatment she needs and that she isn't scarred for life physically and emotionally. I also pray that if there is a guilty party that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If the story is fabricated, then I hope she gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Players will never learn to keep themselves out of trouble by staying away from this kind of behaviors. You never know when something will go south and you ruin a great career.

This is probably a what I know now as opposed to what I knew then, but if I'm TA and Westy, stakes would be a bit too high to have house parties at my crib.

Reactions: DCBloodRed
This is probably a what I know now as opposed to what I knew then, but if I'm TA and Westy, stakes would be a bit too high to have house parties at my crib.

I think "parties" get thrown around too liberally and probably is in this case. When I think of college parties I think multi-keg (we went through 11 at one of mine) and hundreds of people. This could be the case of 10-20 people just gathering together and doing what college kids do...10-20 people isn't a party. It is like your pre-bar gathering before heading out.

These kids need to have social lives as well, they aren't robots.

And you people wonder why everyone hates Nebraska fans.

1) Pretty sure the post was sarcastic (albeit not funny)
2) Nebraska fans have a great reputation around college football
3) Go back to your own board.

Not sure why 5-6 at NU would necessitate a house party..let alone any groupies...hmmm

Was curious if anyone on your board had any "inside scoop" on the case. Scroll down and this is the first thing I read. Delusional crap.

So in a thread of almost 40 posts, you managed to scroll down through all the other posts just to land on that one single dumb sarcastic post by one single fan?? That was the "first thing" you read? GTFO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT