ADVERTISEMENT

OWH Interview with the Noonans Reveals why Maverick is N

Husker Dave GBR

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2018
Awesome OWH article (Sam McKewon)
Danny Noonan dives into why son Maverick picked Nebraska over Stanford

I know many wondered why Maverick would pass up a Stanford scholarship. Credit Frost N staff for working overtime. Also, the TO era infrastructure had a big effect. N don't forget the FANS. GBR!!!

Some excerpts below:

The Huskers worked hard to land the edge rusher from Elkhorn South. Frost told the Noonans he’d never talked more to a prospect than Maverick, who plays a position of need and value to every college football program.

“I don’t think they could have done anything better than what they did,” Danny said of the coaching trio. “Every move they made, everything that they showed us, every visit we had was spot on. And I didn’t say anything to Maverick.”

“One of the things you’ll miss at Stanford is you won’t have that pregame excitement where you can hear the fans yelling and screaming,” Danny said. “The place is rocking, and you get that adrenaline rush. You won’t get that at Stanford. You’ll maybe get 30,000 to 40,000 people, if that.”

In his chat with The World-Herald, Maverick mentioned the coaches, but first noted Dave Ellis, NU’s director of performance nutrition, and head strength coach Zach Duval. Danny played at Nebraska when Ellis was getting his degree from the school. And when Danny worked inside the Husker strength program, Zach was a GA and assistant strength coach.

“They’re both at the top of their field,” Danny said. “No other place in the country can boast the expertise those guys have. We’ve been to eight, nine, 10 places in a year-and-a-half, and you look at the places and you’re like ‘is this it?’ Either the facilities were lacking or the person in those positions were not at the top of their game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News