ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Weather- stay safe out there

I just got home 25m ago after leaving work at 245pm. Between work and getting home here is my Omaha adventure:
- Came out to my car, which had a flat.
- on my way to get it fixed, I slid 30 yds and had to purposefully crash into a snowbank to avoid rear ending a truck.
- Got stuck twice more.
- Pushed an old lady's car out from being high centered.
- Nearly stalled out going uphill.
- Hit Dodge and went 60mph, no sweat. Felt ironic.

Last edited:
Because the old people need to get to their Dr appointment or get there mail
It’s more like it’s the 16-30 year olds that have to get their Starbucks fix🙄

A few years ago I pulled a little Pontiac front drive car out of a snow bank in a blizzard like this. The guys in it I think were high on Meth. They were trying to get out to a rural trailer park. They said they lived in town so I told them they had better go home. After I got them out they headed back in to town but turned around and drove in to the same drift. I just left.

It’s more like it’s the 16-30 year olds that have to get their Starbucks fix🙄

A few years ago I pulled a little Pontiac front drive car out of a snow bank in a blizzard like this. The guys in it I think were high on Meth. They were trying to get out to a rural trailer park. They said they lived in town so I told them they had better go home. After I got them out they headed back in to town but turned around and drove in to the same drift. I just left.
Welp. You tried.

What brand of tractor? You might have to put on chains if it keep snowing. Here in. Southern Nebraska we’ve had a foot of heavy wet snow now about 4”-5” of fluffy snow
This tractor is a 75 HP Kubota FWA. I’ve got a 7’ blower on this one. We’ve had about 2 feet of fluffy stuff over the past 10 days or so. We got clobbered last winter too. I think at one point we had close to 50” total of snow. I couldn’t drive my 170HP FWA Puma across an open pasture without opening a path with the loader. Here we go again.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Did that last week. It’s about 85% #1 with Howes added to it too
I run number 2 with double dose of power service in my pickup, I usually refrain from driving it in negative temps and leave it parked inside. Drained my fuel in a jar and stuck outside to see what it actually does in these temps just to know

Did that last week. It’s about 85% #1 with Howes added to it too
I've tried Howes and power service. Our winter fuel at the pumps used to be 80/20 blend for road.

I think cat guys like Howes mainly because power service says Cummins approved. 🤔

Air temp isn't all that bad 4 degrees. I do put additives in at full strength no matter what but #1 is the best insurance. Unfortunately I don't have it in any of my diesels right now because was trying to burn up #2 in tank until I could mix it feasibly. Hope that doesn't bit me in the ass the next couple of days 😬

I run number 2 with double dose of power service in my pickup, I usually refrain from driving it in negative temps and leave it parked inside. Drained my fuel in a jar and stuck outside to see what it actually does in these temps just to know
I’ve even had #1 gel in a tractor. I got tired of tractors gelling so I just switch to #1 usually in late December. There’s always some #2 left in the tank so it’s not straight #1 so I keep a bottle of 911 in the tractor if I’m away from the place. Nothing worse than being a couple of miles from the farm and having a tractor start to sputter.

I remember the blizzard of 76, the snow was piled to the telephone lines
In the mid 1970s a cattle feeder neighbor had snow drift and pack hard enough that the cattle walked over the fences. They lost hundreds of feeders.

A dozen or so years ago a friend showed me pictures of his brother riding his snowmobile on top of his house in northern South Dakota.

Reactions: redwine65
In the mid 1970s a cattle feeder neighbor had snow drift and pack hard enough that the cattle walked over the fences. They lost hundreds of feeders.

A dozen or so years ago a friend showed me pictures of his brother riding his snowmobile on top of his house in northern South Dakota.
Read the book blizzard of 1949 by Roy Alleman

I've tried Howes and power service. Our winter fuel at the pumps used to be 80/20 blend for road.

I think cat guys like Howes mainly because power service says Cummins approved. 🤔

Air temp isn't all that bad 4 degrees. I do put additives in at full strength no matter what but #1 is the best insurance. Unfortunately I don't have it in any of my diesels right now because was trying to burn up #2 in tank until I could mix it feasibly. Hope that doesn't bit me in the ass the next couple of days 😬
The old tractors like ih 806 or some Massey tractor the fuel tank in above the engine you never had to worry about the fuel gelling

Sun finally came out about an hour ago. Got calves in the feedlot fed, found 1 dead this afternoon. Haven't been able to get to the cows yet in different groups. I can see my replacement heifers on stalks. They're out grazing some drought unharvested dryland corn. Road crews aren't out on county roads until wind goes down. Drifting shut as fast as they're getting it opened. Losing cause.

Hopefully can get some water hauled tomorrow
Real world problems here. Not the gotta go snowblow my driveway in the cul-de-sac kind. Good luck. This shit is the worst

Reactions: dinglefritz
Real world problems here. Not the gotta go snowblow my driveway in the cul-de-sac kind. Good luck. This shit is the worst
Holy sheeeet! -12 with 35 mph wind gusting to 55 in Cedar county. This is supposed to last until Tuesday. ☹️

Reactions: WHCSC
I know what you mean about cold. It got down below 32 a few nights this week here in Chandler, AZ, but luckily is heading back to the 70’s later this week. No wonder the Raiolas left here.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Some jack**** took our my power yesterday for about 25 minutes...

STAY OFF THE ROADS...

Also, I don't have a truck but you truck owners are assholes, you really are. stop riding asses, stop speeding up, stop being ****heads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT