ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thunder Sleet

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Well, I've now experienced thunder sleet. Unreal. I actually tried to make it to work. There are wrecked pickups all over town. I drove 30 minutes in Arlington and still hadn't made it to a highway. The radio said almost all overpasses/bridges were shut down. Freaking nuts. It just started pouring down more sleet. I think I was the only one out in my neighborhood. I just called in and turned around and went home. LOL

I saw someone talk about this on reddit last night. Coincidence, or did this happen last night as well where you are? Pretty crazy stuff.

Well, I've now experienced thunder sleet. Unreal. I actually tried to make it to work. There are wrecked pickups all over town. I drove 30 minutes in Arlington and still hadn't made it to a highway. The radio said almost all overpasses/bridges were shut down. Freaking nuts. It just started pouring down more sleet. I think I was the only one out in my neighborhood. I just called in and turned around and went home. LOL
Yep! thundering pretty good... switches from Freezing rain to sleet to snow... Stayed home again out here in Weatherford... North Texas will be virtually shut down until Thursday... Ice is just one thing one shouldn't mess with... Hopefully the power stays on this time

I saw someone talk about this on reddit last night. Coincidence, or did this happen last night as well where you are? Pretty crazy stuff.
It did it yesterday as well... We're in it through Wednesday morning before it switches back to rain but even then 1/2" of Ice isn't going away any time soon

Yep! thundering pretty good... switches from Freezing rain to sleet to snow... Stayed home again out here in Weatherford... North Texas will be virtually shut down until Thursday... Ice is just one thing one shouldn't mess with... Hopefully the power stays on this time
As long as the power and internet stays on I'll be ok. My buddy is screwed because he's been working from home since the pandemic. Now, there's no excuse unless the power/internet goes out. I made sure I laughed at him. His wife is home after her employer closed for the day. She's back in bed and he's logged in to work. LOL

It's just Rhule making all the Texas recruits feel more welcome when they move to Lincoln

• Haha
Reactions: huskerfan66
Beats the thundering shits.
3RMfcYE.gif

Reed Timmer is streaming live so it must be good

That's been in my head all morning. Ah aha THUNDER! THUNDER! Insane. Temps in the 20s here in DFW. And thunder sleet.
I'm up here in Trophy Club (NW of DFW). I was shocked when I heard the Thunder. What was that? Got off the roads by 11:30 am yesterday. I'm from Nebraska, we know how to drive on ice but these Texans; they'll spin out like crazy to get going. BTW, I have my first 4x4 and its so nice driving in this kind of weather.

We've had 2 blizzards and close to 3 feet of snow here in the past 2 months. Sleet? LMFAO. But please, do continue.

Oh, Down by the Incredible Universe...at least that's what they used to call it.
Yeah. I took pics of the Fry's building after they shut down. I used to go to Incredible Universe back in the day. Then Fry's took over right as I got into computers. I ate at Joe's across the street today. I called and they were open. Here's the old Incredible Universe that used to be Fry's. Today, it's a discount furniture store.

Fuz3MVC.jpg

Yeah. I took pics of the Fry's building after they shut down. I used to go to Incredible Universe back in the day. Then Fry's took over right as I got into computers. I ate at Joe's across the street today. I called and they were open. Here's the old Incredible Universe that used to be Fry's. Today, it's a discount furniture store.

Fuz3MVC.jpg
That's sad. I used to love that store. They only had 10 thousand television sets there and everything else under the sun. I guess one can't stop progress...

Work closed down today. Another "snow day" for boxes! Now, I need to go and text my buddy who is setup to work from home. 😛

Ice in Austin. Two of our four big live oaks split under the weight of the ice. They don't lose their leaves in fall, so just like the rest of Texas, they are not well suited for snow or ice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT