ADVERTISEMENT

Ot-SB Commercials.

Coach Primes was dull for sure. Not even sure what he sold
I wasn't sure what anyone sold. You know, for it also being the superbowl for marketers it sure leaves a lot to be desired. Really bad attempts at being clever along with never getting to a sale point.
And, oh yeah, scan codes. For Pete's sake, even if I wanted to get off the couch and get my phone there isn't enough time to do it.

I liked the T-mobile commercial with John Travolta and J.D. and Turk from "Scrubs". Probably in part because I've been on a Scrubs binge as of late lol.
It would be cool if it came up the new show for just those two (Turk and JD)

Reactions: BigRedTed
Anyone else think the empowerment of women in nfl commercial with the girl running away from flag pullers with a ball super lame? What is Nfl going for with this take?
It wasn't a good commercial, but A) they made a point that she was a player on the Mexican national team, so obvious nod to that demographic 2) get girls interested in the sport, because flag football is reasonable for them, but tackle football for girls is absurd. So those two aspects, the commercial hit its mark.

I had five teenage girls at the house for the party. They were goofing around, but didn't watch a single play. I told my friend that next year we're just calling it The February party.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Terrible. Haven't been good in years. Progressive and fansville are the best, even if overplayed. Cougar one was all right the first time. Got my teenagers attention.

I am sick of EV commercials.....notice they've started shaming us into buying them? Barf.
Here they seemed determined to sell me an electric truck by reminding me of all the reasons I probably don't want to buy an electric truck.

Of course Dodge will never top its Paul Harvey Super Bowl ad.

Here they seemed determined to sell me an electric truck by reminding me of all the reasons I probably don't want to buy an electric truck.

Of course Dodge will never top its Paul Harvey Super Bowl ad.

Damn that was a good one...perhaps my favorite of all time. I frequently listen to his stuff on road trips, one helluva guy and his material ages like the finest of wines....gonna go give that commercial a listen right now.

Wasn’t impressed with any commercial, as for the halftime show you have to remember its not for the
average fan most people couldn’t afford the tickets plus lodging. Imo this is what the elitist wealth people want

I wasn't sure what anyone sold. You know, for it also being the superbowl for marketers it sure leaves a lot to be desired. Really bad attempts at being clever along with never getting to a sale point.
And, oh yeah, scan codes. For Pete's sake, even if I wanted to get off the couch and get my phone there isn't enough time to do it.
It's not always about about a call to action or "sales point" most of the super bowl commercials are brand awareness plays which in turn lead to more sales once the brand is trusted. that being said, there were some really bad ones last night and few that hit well. The TUBI commercial for instance made half the people watching it freak out that someone changed the channel. Everyone will remember that. It was a great marketing play.

Serena doing two commercials featuring an alcohol brand was telling… wonder if she’s in a program yet.

In all seriousness tho the one she did for cognac was just hilarious… had LITERALLY nothing to do with the product until the last 2 seconds of the commercial, which was otherwise just all inspirational BS, could’ve been a commercial for ANYTHING. I’d had a couple edibles by this point but coming up with different products that could’ve used the same commercial and changed the last 2 seconds to their own was way funnier than it shoulda been.

I liked the Busch Light one with Sarah McLaughlin. That one was the only one I haven't already forgotten yet. The Bud Light one with Miles Teller and his wife was decent. Seems like a lot of brands are playing it super safe to avoid any kind of controversy.

Halftime show was low energy. But then again Rhianna is pregnant so I don't blame her for phoning it in for the check.

Was intrigued also by the one from Tubi where I’m sure 100M folks were simultaneously panicking to see who’d butt-changed their TV remote…

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Was intrigued also by the one from Tubi where I’m sure 100M folks were simultaneously panicking to see who’d butt-changed their TV remote…
I had switched rooms by that point and my stepson came running in in a panic asking me to change it back.

I had switched rooms by that point and my stepson came running in in a panic asking me to change it back.
EXACTLY. And now I know what Tubi is. And people like ‘Rihanna’. Learned a lot last nite…

Agree with this. Most of the commercials I don’t know what they were selling. I only watched commercials in the first half but do not recall seeing any car or beer commercials. Those 2 products were typically the best.

The commercials flat out sucked. I am certain I could make better one's...and that chick who lip synched at halftime sucked to,....and those dancers should be pissed because they were awesome, but they all looked the same and dressed like they were off to a klan meeting afterwards. However, 99.9% of the actual game was an instant classic for me.

The commercials flat out sucked. I am certain I could make better one's...and that chick who lip synched at halftime sucked to,....and those dancers should be pissed because they were awesome, but they all looked the same and dressed like they were off to a klan meeting afterwards. However, 99.9% of the actual game was an instant classic for me.
Solid take all round!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT