ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Road House 2024

Kick Roadhouse GIF

The Patrick Swayze version was the epitome of acting, as in bad acting. It was on par with that Twister movie starring Hollywood's queen face maker
She can't act but she can make a lot of different faces.

That clip is a classic, Swayze roundhouse kicks that guy who is obviously jumping out the window. Well done.

It is blasphemy to remake classics such as Road House, Carrie, Dawn of the Dead, The Fly, etc.

I mean, what could possibly be better than the opening locker room scene in Carrie or Mrs. White (Piper Laurie) saying, "Carrie, I can see your filthy pillows"?

Haven’t seen it yet but a couple of friends said that Conor’s poor acting made it almost unwatchable. But I will give it a go at some point.

Yes, it’s complete blasphemy. Road House is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Still ain’t bad though.
Connor was a good villain. They limited his speaking parts significantly for obvious reasons, he’s terrible at it.

The bad guys were peculiar with a mix of scared bikers and tough talking frat boys.

The movie missed one key ingredient, a side kick for Elwood willing to lay down his life for his friend.

It did OK as a remake and deserved the big screen

Connor was a good villain. They limited his speaking parts significantly for obvious reasons, he’s terrible at it.

The bad guys were peculiar with a mix of scared bikers and tough talking frat boys.

The movie missed one key ingredient, a side kick for Elwood willing to lay down his life for his friend.

It did OK as a remake and deserved the big screen
You can probably tell by my avatar that I agree 100% about the sidekick.

I'm not a big movie guy. I like what I like, (Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, X-Men, Good War Movies) and don't go out of my way to watch much else. I'm vaguely familiar with Road House, mostly through family guy, but have never seen the original.

Sounds like a bad (but perhaps entertaining) remake of a classically bad movie. Sounds like I'll probably put this in my don't care enough to watch pile, lol.

I'm assuming this is streaming somewhere?

it was a fun, entertaining movie. not a cinematic masterpiece, but who could expect that?

Connor was hilarious and he obviously hammed it up a little extra for show.

only thing that was profoundly off was a fair amount of the CGI, particularly the truck scene and even some of the fight scenes were heavy CGI.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I'm not a big movie guy. I like what I like, (Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, X-Men, Good War Movies) and don't go out of my way to watch much else. I'm vaguely familiar with Road House, mostly through family guy, but have never seen the original.

Sounds like a bad (but perhaps entertaining) remake of a classically bad movie. Sounds like I'll probably put this in my don't care enough to watch pile, lol.

I'm assuming this is streaming somewhere?
Patrick Swayze Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

If Jake timed this correctly, he’s already ready for his next role as a holocaust survivor.
thing about doing these action movies, is these guys usually dehydrate a ton before shots where they're supposed to look unrealistically lean.

Henry Cavill dehydrated something crazy like 3 days for certain shots in The Witcher.

So is it Roadhouse or is it LIKE Roadhouse? Like, if he "Dalton"

It is Road House but a remake. The main character is Dalton but Sam Elliott's character isn't in it. Neither is the girl getting dogged by the bouncer in the back room🤔. I thought Conor McGregor was a little annoying but it's worth a watch.

It is Road House but a remake. The main character is Dalton but Sam Elliott's character isn't in it. Neither is the girl getting dogged by the bouncer in the back room🤔. I thought Conor McGregor was a little annoying but it's worth a watch.
No kidding...

Reactions: zrob
It’s a good action movie. There’s nothing wrong with basic entertainment that doesn’t require me to read Wikipedia to figure out the plot.
I watch movies to kill time...not to try and solve some abstract plot.

To this day I will never understand how movies that are amazing and loved have not won Oscars.

Naked Gun, Kingpin, American Pie. Those movies did exactly what they intended to do, make us laugh and want to rewatch it.

Halloween and Friday the 13th literally changed/created a new genre, yet no awards. Everyone that watched those movies was scared or had a jump scare, yet they are ripped on for bad acting.

Entertain me, that is all movies are there for.

I watch movies to kill time...not to try and solve some abstract plot.

To this day I will never understand how movies that are amazing and loved have not won Oscars.

Naked Gun, Kingpin, American Pie. Those movies did exactly what they intended to do, make us laugh and want to rewatch it.

Halloween and Friday the 13th literally changed/created a new genre, yet no awards. Everyone that watched those movies was scared or had a jump scare, yet they are ripped on for bad acting.

Entertain me, that is all movies are there for.
Haha, true! I remember being like 12 and being baffled how Top Gun didn't win Best Picture! Like, WTF?

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Dalton was wrong to fire the bouncer over that incident. Granted, the girl was only 18, but she had a Sears Credit Card for ID and the bouncer was on his break, so Dalton should have let it go.

Reactions: libbity bibbity
Best bud bounced at Bushwackers for a few years about 1991-1995(ish) he was about 23-27(ish)....man he did well with the mature ladies with that gig.....we hired a tranny for his b/day party there and at the end when he/she revealed herself after grinding on him he got up and chased it, and all of us out the bldg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT