ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ran into Joel Makovicka at the gym. ( semi fan girling )

JoRoWI83

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2004
I had met Joel around 20 years prior to this. He came to Papio Jr High, I was in ISS at the time but the Teachers let me out so I could try and meet him and have him sign my Nebraska Helmet.

Good to talk with him now that I wasn't fauning all over myself, well just a little.

We spoke about the Glory Days and how two a days used be. Basically from the day Fall Camp started it was on, full on full speed hitting all day. What he and his guys see when it comes to recruiting Nebraska players. We spoke on length about his friend and former teammate Pat Tillman, shared a wild story about Pat that I won't repeat. Shows the type of guy he really was. He was very much interested in my story in regards to the Corps, asked questions and related best he could because of his time playing football and knowing Pat, he understand full well the Brotherhood aspect. We spoke about his practice, that he now lives in midtown etc. His family, his nephews and gave updates on the other two Maks that came thru the Program. Both doing well, got into how much footbal has changed since his time etc. Very well spoken man.

Hell we even got into Bengazi, Hillary and Donald and Politics etc.

There is just something about Former Players that I have met, they all seem to take the time out to speak to a fan who walks up to them, introduces themselves and even has the childhood idiocy to say " You were a Hero of mine growing up "

When I said I was going to have to post this picture and our meeting to HuskersOnline, then showed him my phone at the ready with this site already pulled up he got a good laugh out it, said " oh boy " as so signify he knew damn well what we bring to the table Laughing

All in all it was great to " catch up " with a true hero of mine from my youth.

14102504_10154374993925256_6001788648566002361_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News