ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA Championship

Cannot think of a more thankless job in a more difficult environment than being in law enforcement...where in today's world you have total idiotic politicians telling you it's in fashion to bash 'em and side with the criminal(s)...Love me some law enforcement.

Cannot think of a more thankless job in a more difficult environment than being in law enforcement...where in today's world you have total idiotic politicians telling you it's in fashion to bash 'em and side with the criminal(s)...Love me some law enforcement.
I would be TERRIFIED anytime I pulled someone over...I could never do that job.

Agree we can bash this cop for overreacting in this situation. But no way I would want to walk up on a car at Midnight inEast St. Louis.
In HS we played East. St. Louis in the FB playoffs, two years in a row. Both years at their place. Scariest looking city I have seen. Old fences all over, everything was closed up, bars over all the windows (that were not smashed out).

Back to the original topic: who do you think pulls out the win today?

Schauffele going to close it out for once? The friggin’ foreigner (😀) Lowry stay hot and run away with it? DeChambeau win one for LIV?

Last edited:
Back to the original topic: who do you think pulls out the win today?

Schauffele going to close it out for once? The friggin’ foreigner (😀) Lowry stay out and run away with it? DeChambeau win one for LIV?
With the course playing so easy, it's going to be a putting contest. Bryson's ability to turn long 4's into short 4's is a huge advantage with no wind.

Reactions: king_kong_
Why do you think they pull over so many soccer moms?

Why are there more cops in the middle and upperclass areas doing 10x the traffic stops as in the ghetto?
Yep.

They’re profiling.

No use bothering with the empty bags of society when your primary job is fundraiser.

With the course playing so easy, it's going to be a putting contest. Bryson's ability to turn long 4's into short 4's is a huge advantage with no wind.

I like Bryson and what he has done to maximize distance, but also think the length most players have these days is a detriment to the game. My solution: vary the length of the rough based on distance from the tee (keeping in mind the length of the hole). Nothing says the rough needs to be a uniform length. Want to blast it 350 yards off the tee all the time? Fine, but if you hit offline then you play out of rough 1” taller than 300 yards or less. That would put more of a premium on accuracy and allow more players to compete.

Of course that idea is only for PGA events. Regular amateur events stay the same, as well as regular daily play.

Yep.

They’re profiling.

No use bothering with the empty bags of society when your primary job is fundraiser.
Why risk pulling over a felon gangbanger with a pound of weed and guns in the car when you can just ticket a soccer mom who just takes it?

Why do you think they pull over so many soccer moms?

Why are there more cops in the middle and upperclass areas doing 10x the traffic stops as in the ghetto?
I'm sorry, but this just struck me as "there's no way this is actually true." And...it's not. Just a quick search found several large scale studies that refute this. I'm not trying to start some kind of argument, I was curious and thought you or others might like to know.

Reactions: 9and4
I'm sorry, but this just struck me as "there's no way this is actually true." And...it's not. Just a quick search found several large scale studies that refute this. I'm not trying to start some kind of argument, I was curious and thought you or others might like to know.
"Study"

Lmao

Data. Study. Facts. Reality. You can call it whatever you like. I don't deal in narratives. Young people, men, and minorities are all more likely to be pulled over than soccer moms.

I understand your narrative. I probably would fulfill the narrative if I was a cop. It makes for a good stand up bit. It's just not real.
Mmhmmmm

Just like the study that said the covid vax prevents people from getting covid?

If you haven't learned yet that a "study" can be made to say whatever you want idk how to help you.

Don't take it from me. Take it from a scientist.

Don't believe your lying eyes, believe a "study!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: leodisflowers
Mmhmmmm

Just like the study that said the covid vax prevents people from getting covid?

If you haven't learned yet that a "study" can be made to say whatever you want idk how to help you.

Don't take it from me. Take it from a scientist.

Don't believe your lying eyes, believe a "study!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You're right, all science and research and statistics everywhere and for all time is made up. Just believe your feelings! Maybe you can find me any data to back up your assertion that soccer moms get pulled over at disproportionately high rates? But wait - no! That actual evidence would just prove it isn't true. Probably best to just only believe in things that have literally no objective or empirical evidence whatsoever. You've changed my life. Thank you.

Congrats to Xander. Some pretty solid golf with a pretty good leaderboard. I might be in the minority here, but I prefer seeing golf courses a little tougher. Valhalla just didn't have any teeth. I like the drama of having some hard finishing holes or an overall tough golf course that can really make Sunday interesting. It was definitely interesting with all of the birdies, but I prefer the carnage.

Congrats to Xander. Some pretty solid golf with a pretty good leaderboard. I might be in the minority here, but I prefer seeing golf courses a little tougher. Valhalla just didn't have any teeth. I like the drama of having some hard finishing holes or an overall tough golf course that can really make Sunday interesting. It was definitely interesting with all of the birdies, but I prefer the carnage.
They’ve played Valhalla before in the past and it was fine. The heavy rain made the course play much easier. I agree with your view that majors shouldn’t be this easy…we’ve had 4 rounds of 62 in the past two years…that’s not good for the game. Just not sure how it could have been avoided. It’s like st Andrew’s without the wind is pretty easy for the players.

If Sheffler wouldn't have choked on Saturday he'd have been close.

Dominant play from Xander though. Led everyday in a major.

You're right, all science and research and statistics everywhere and for all time is made up. Just believe your feelings! Maybe you can find me any data to back up your assertion that soccer moms get pulled over at disproportionately high rates? But wait - no! That actual evidence would just prove it isn't true. Probably best to just only believe in things that have literally no objective or empirical evidence whatsoever. You've changed my life. Thank you.
That's exactly what I said. Nailed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 90sman
They’ve played Valhalla before in the past and it was fine. The heavy rain made the course play much easier. I agree with your view that majors shouldn’t be this easy…we’ve had 4 rounds of 62 in the past two years…that’s not good for the game. Just not sure how it could have been avoided. It’s like st Andrew’s without the wind is pretty easy for the players.
Yep .People don’t understand when the conditions are favorable as they were in Louisville because of the rain that these guys are fkn that good. As you say if there was no wind at StAndrews( not likely) they would destroy that course.

Yeah, I agree. It was going to be tough to do much with it, but I think they should take Valhalla out of the mix. I'm just not a fan of that golf course either.

If Sheffler wouldn't have choked on Saturday he'd have been close.

Dominant play from Xander though. Led everyday in a major.
Scheffler choked? Uh, ok. This combined with some of your other posts certifies that you aren't smart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT