ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OJ Simpson Dead

Nothing funny about the brutal killingof 2 people.
I disagree …

Kyle_Rittenhouse_Kenosha_shooting.jpg

Looking at that reaction, I remember how stunned I was that OJ had so many supporters who for some reason didn't believe any of the allegations against him. How could a group of people just choose not to believe that someone is bad news when there is overwhelming evidence? I suppose people can convince themselves of about anything if they refuse to look at the facts.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Looking at that reaction, I remember how stunned I was that OJ had so many supporters who for some reason didn't believe any of the allegations against him. How could a group of people just choose not to believe that someone is bad news when there is overwhelming evidence? I suppose people can convince themselves of about anything if they refuse to look at the facts.
I don’t think it was a reaction of him not believing. It was a reaction of a low class comment at the wrong time and place.

What kind of comedy do you like Big Bo
I don’t think it’s comedy when you make light of someone getting murdered . If that was your wife or family member that was murdered and some moron was making a joke out of it .What would you think?

I don’t think it’s comedy when you make light of someone getting murdered . If that was your wife or family member that was murdered and some moron was making a joke out of it .What would you think?
Norm was not a moron though I can understand that perspective but I’ve also used humor to get through difficult situations.

Norm’s comedy isn’t for everyone obviously that’s why I was curious if you had a comedian you preferred.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Norm was not a moron though I can understand that perspective but I’ve also used humor to get through difficult situations.

Norm’s comedy isn’t for everyone obviously that’s why I was curious if you had a comedian you preferred.
I understand the part of humor to get through difficult situations. I lost a brother when I was 20 .our family talked about humerus situations in my brothers life to cope. The comic in question wasn’t using humor to cope in a difficult situation for him . Hence the Moron remark. It was a low class remark .

Remember that LA was coming off of the riots two years earlier and race relations at that time, particularly in south central LA, was a red hot topic. Many people of diverse background carried the animosity caused by the Rodney King beating and subsequent acquittals with them going into the OJ trial. Plus, many of us, including myself, did not believe that a star of that magnitude could be a narcissistic sociopath until we learned much later that this was not only possible, but probable.

I see what you did there…

He was one of my early heroes as a kid. Incredible runner. Everybody liked OJ. Then, the killings. RIH OJ

Same.

I had a 32 red/white/blue jersey that I wore more often than underwear as a kid.

Juice was my first NFL hero.

Tragedy all around. So much hurt and family pain. 😞

Norm was a comedian that got to the truth through humor. The shot was at OJ and those in LA and in sports likely did know the kind of man OJ was. That would include comedians like Norm.
^^^This exactly. He said nothing demeaning about the victims - during the trial he called OJ out with jokes but all of it circled back to him being a murderer. He stated it publicly, was fired for it. Continued to say it throughout his career.

It is unfortunate that people involved with the law in Los Angeles often let the trial become more about them and not the case. That caused trials that could be finished in three weeks going on for many months. So Marsha Clark and Judge Ito decided to make the trial an 8 month circus rather than putting the evidence out there and resting win or lose. Another example is prosecutor Bugliosi allowing the Manson trial to turn into a nightly news event. Look at the way they prosecuted Patrick McVeigh...just the facts, 6 week trial - guilty.

I was called for jury service in San Bernardino County, CA for a trial of two people who were accused of killing their kid by making him swallow a can of Drano. Second charge of torture because the 5-year-old had cigarette burns all over his body. The couple lived in a mobile home out in the desert. The bailiff brought out an easel with the judge's schedule for the next 9 MONTHs and we were informed the jurors could be in court for those nine months when the judge was available. I'm sitting there thinking WHY trying these two scumbags was going to take 9 months? wtf, California justice I guess.

Remember that LA was coming off of the riots two years earlier and race relations at that time, particularly in south central LA, was a red hot topic. Many people of diverse background carried the animosity caused by the Rodney King beating and subsequent acquittals with them going into the OJ trial. Plus, many of us, including myself, did not believe that a star of that magnitude could be a narcissistic sociopath until we learned much later that this was not only possible, but probable.
Some of us weren’t fooled by his on camera charm. Ray Lewis says hello.

I don't celebrate anyone's death. He undoubtedly was guilty but the trial verdict wasn't about OJ. It was really about a Black dominated jury at the time sticking it to the LAPD who had unnecessarily tampered with the evidence and also the incompetence of the prosecutors in pursuing their case. But history is over now so we can move on.

Reactions: Big bo fan
I don't celebrate anyone's death. He undoubtedly was guilty but the trial verdict wasn't about OJ. It was really about a Black dominated jury at the time sticking it to the LAPD who had unnecessarily tampered with the evidence and also the incompetence of the prosecutors in pursuing their case. But history is over now so we can move on.
100 percent spot on , Great Post.

I agree that there is very little to laugh about in the murder of two people. Norm MacDonald never joked about their murder. He was a biting social satirist who was relentless in keeping OJ's guilt front and center so that his victims were never forgotten.

OJ lived in Las Vegas so we would run into him periodically. He was always gracious with the people who wanted a photo with him; I never wanted or got a photo with him. The line between fame an infamy is sometimes a narrow one.

Some of us weren’t fooled by his on camera charm. Ray Lewis says hello.
Well, I was 15, so obviously I was seeing the world differently in 1994. The folks on the jury were grown, and if LAPD didn't have incompetent detectives with backgrounds that created reasonable doubt, maybe the course of history is different.

True. We have to consider the context. I guess I was just naive to the fact that people are capable of not being even the slightest bit objective. I was shocked to see people celebrating that not guilty verdict.

Reactions: bob5150
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT