ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Obesity rate by country over time

Those fat bastards will start eating each other
200.gif

You sound like the politician who blames carmakers because thiefs steal their cars, or the convenience store because they have to close due to all the theft.
During World War II, FDR saw the heartland as a massive resource to be deployed for the production of food. They really went to work coming up with uses for corn. Ended up they could make sweetener cheaper than sugar and not have to deal with the sugarcane monopoly offshore in Cuba. it’s the nature of business to maximize whatever they have whether it be minimizing the labor component of a product, or engineering that product to such a degree that it doesn’t even resemble the original product healthwise (corn and wheat).

But, regardless, people make their choices and quite a few of them are bad, very bad. You could have a limited amount of just about any food that’s manufactured, just so long as nutritious food provided the bulk of ones diet instead of the crap. The crap has the right mouth feel and hits the pleasure centers perfectly. Still say no though because it’s garbage.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
The fact that obesity is a sign of poverty in this country is a terrible example of what we have become as a society which is largely a welfare state. Even many of the poor are often entitled with no sense of personal responsibility or self-initiative. Why try to better yourself if the government is paying you enough to gorge yourself on Mickey D's?

The fact that obesity is a sign of poverty in this country is a terrible example of what we have become as a society which is largely a welfare state. Even many of the poor are often entitled with no sense of personal responsibility or self-initiative. Why try to better yourself if the government is paying you enough to gorge yourself on Mickey D's?
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

My 4th grade teacher... wowza! I doubt I wanted to bang her though. I was too young to really know what that all entailed, but I know I wanted to see her cleavage!
Me too.....Ms. Gadd....when she wore a white see thru blouse and you could see her bra...
Cheese GIF by BuzzFeed

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerO
Some of the southern states like Mississippi are just out of control.
Air conditioning is a major contributor as well. Before AC Nobody used to eat in the summer the way they do now. When I was a kid it was so damned miserable in the summer you barely felt like eating anything.

Reactions: HuskerO
When I go to Shreeveport to visit my son all I can think about is how much blood pressure and diabetes meds they must sell down there....and how happy i'll be when he leaves that place in about a year.

It is. I’ve been listening to Dr Mark Hyman on YouTube recently. It is shocking how the food industry works in this country. They are literally poisoning us. It has motivated me to make some changes. My BP is way too high.
Wow, you mean you can choose what to eat and how much? And choose to exercise more?

Who would have guessed?

Reactions: WHCSC
Wow, you mean you can choose what to eat and how much? And choose to exercise more?

Who would have guessed?
I recommend you listen to him. You might learn some thing which will help you to not be such a wise ass.

The average person doesn’t have the time or bandwidth to research every product out there to make sure they’re not adding petroleum products and other known carcinogens to foods.

I recommend you listen to him. You might learn some thing which will help you to not be such a wise ass.

The average person doesn’t have the time or bandwidth to research every product out there to make sure they’re not adding petroleum products and other known carcinogens to foods.
The average person doesn't want to hear the ugly truth about who's responsible for their physical condition. But as soon as they are told it's someone else fault, they're all ears.

What a great path to improving public health. It's clearly working like a charm.

The average person doesn't want to hear the ugly truth about who's responsible for their physical condition. But as soon as they are told it's someone else fault, they're all ears.

What a great path to improving public health. It's clearly working like a charm.
You're partially right. As a dyed in the wool conservative I am a big proponent of personal responsibility. Thats not to say big food and big Pharma aren’t oftentimes nefarious actors who put profit above public health.

Americans spending three times as much on healthcare as food is jarring. Cheap food comes at a cost.

Just like you know there's a cure for cancer. The money is not in the cure it's in the medicine!!
There’s plenty of money in a cure. They are using crispr to cure some kids with leukemia .

Curing cancer in adults is difficult due to all the different types.

Once you read the below, you can’t unread it.

You have cancer. We all do. Our bodies detect and wipe out these problematic cells. As we age our bodies aren’t so efficient at it, and takes just one to slip through the cracks. What we need a cure for is aging.

Last edited:
There’s plenty of money in a cure. They are using crispr to cure some kids of leukemia .

Curing cancer in adults is difficult due to all the different types.

Once you read the below, you can’t unread it.

You have cancer. We all do. Our bodies detect and wipe out these problematic cells. As we age our bodies aren’t so efficient at it, and takes just one to slip through the cracks. What we need a cure for is aging.
Fruits_and_Veggies_ee7db6ae1f.webp

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT