OT: Obesity rate by country over time

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Over 40%?? Really America??

XiWIgKQl.jpg

Reactions: solarpanels
Egypt has shown limited progress towards achieving the diet-related non-communicable disease (NCD) targets. 44.7% of adult (aged 18 years and over) women and 25.9% of adult men are living with obesity. Egypt's obesity prevalence is higher than the regional average of 20.8% for women and 9.2% for men. At the same time, diabetes is estimated to affect 23.4% of adult women and 18.8% of adult men.

Less food more wine. 4 - 5 drinks a day what the French encourage and look at their obesity rate plummet
Chips, Soda pop and fast food. Who the hell would eat chips or French fries for lunch if they had to cook them. And oh yeah sitting in front of a tv or video screen for hours every day. It would be interesting to see the break down of how many people on government “assistance”.

Sugar in EVERYTHING. Food it has no business being in. EVERYTHING is sweetened here. Even our desserts are sweeter than most other countries.
Add in you have to drive for everything vs walking to a train station etc.
It's not necessarily laziness. We are made this way.

Less food more wine. 4 - 5 drinks a day what the French encourage and look at their obesity rate plummet

I've been to France several times and it always surprises me how thin everyone there is....especially since they have great desserts and eat bread with every meal. I gained weight every time, even though I did a lot of walking.

Maybe some of this shrinkflation to snacks will help reduce the waistline of Americans.

I could just imagine the uproar if American restaurants started cutting portions down to what people really needed. The fats would be complaining about how they are getting ripped off and would never go back.

I've been to France several times and it always surprises me how thin everyone there is....especially since they have great desserts and eat bread with every meal. I gained weight every time, even though I did a lot of walking.

Over 40%?? Really America??

XiWIgKQl.jpg
People in this country have normalized obesity way too much. It used to be considered unattractive and socially undesirable to be overweight and that pushed people to be fitter. Now we treat obesity like it's almost a source of pride and push plus size models on society while belittling healthy people by labeling them fake, etc. I'm not saying we should be mean to people but we should also go back to expecting healthy weights that come from exercise and proper nutrition.

Facts. There are so many chemicals that weren’t there 40 years ago that are causing more and more allergies.

There are healthy ways to eat but it’s a little more spendy and less convenient but worth it in the long run.
Its really pretty simple….
Eat REAL food.
Wayy too many carbs, sugars, and processed fake foods.

Its really not much more expensive either, sometimes less expensive. I looked at pop prices the other day. Holy cow.

I think Egypt and Saudi like their women big because it's a sign of wealth, what's our excuse America.. 😑

My family went on a Carnival Cruise last year out of Port Canaveral. It was disturbing to see so many morbidly obese people. That is one of many reasons it was our last Carnival Cruise.
No kidding. We went on a cruise out of Miami last year. Iam surprised the boat didn't sink. And a lot of them wore skimpy bathing suits. There was no shame.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
So is body odor

They should call that stuff "butt crack odor cream that can double as vajayjay cream in a pinch". Might be kind of a long name though. Think of the tube size that would require to fit that....that would be sorta embarrassing to buy a tube of vajayjay cream that big. Total mood killer if you saw that in the girls bathroom you were hoping to smash later that nite.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT