ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Move to Wisconsin

nebie4nu

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 7, 2002
Fellow RSS'rs, about a month ago I posted on this board that I was pondering a move to Wisconsin. What happened was that I happen to a pastor
in the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, and am currently service two churches here in Western Iowa. Well two congregations extended me a call to
be their pastor. So, I went up to the Chilton and Hilbert area to see what the churches were and the area. Needless to say it was impressive. So, about
2 weeks ago, I accepted that call and will be moving up there in mid to late May. The people up there love to hunt, to fish, and to root for the Packers and the
Badgers. Of course rooting for the Badgers is anathema to me. I will always root and bleed Husker Red. I was impressed with the area. Appleton seems like a
good small city and there are numerous towns close by that have much to offer. I also am about 45 minutes away from Green Bay. So, I may have to root
for the Packers at times. I know that several people on here are familiar with that area, so I was just wondering what your thoughts are as to what else to do
in that area. It was a bittersweet decision to leave Western Iowa, as I was serving the two churches for 10 years, and I have family and friends in the area. But, I
also am very excited to start this next journey in my life. Well anyway just wanted to update those that responded to my initial post about a month ago. GBR always
and forever...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News