ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Monte Harrison, remember him?

He had a really terrible baseball career, considering the hype he had coming out of high school

Per Google he made 2.4mil career earnings in baseball.

Impossible to say for sure if he had played football if he would have scored more mula in the league or not...but kudos for following his dreams amd giving it a go. I had forgotten about him.

He had a really terrible baseball career, considering the hype he had coming out of high school
Even slightly worse than the Royals uber-hyped Bubba, but both guys got paid well to ditch NU. Of course if they had only come around during NIL era they possibly could have made a lot more money playing football at NU. Or leveraged much bigger paydays from baseball.

Interesting move by Harrison. The dude made the big leagues so he was a success I guess. But now at 28, if he can still play, he could secure a six figure income as an "amateur" athlete playing football somewhere. And hopefully graduate in 4-5 years.

Even slightly worse than the Royals uber-hyped Bubba, but both guys got paid well to ditch NU. Of course if they had only come around during NIL era they possibly could have made a lot more money playing football at NU. Or leveraged much bigger paydays from baseball.

Starling made a LOT more than Harrison from baseball. Shooting from the hip with zero research I'd guess at least 4X more which puts him in the 10mil range??

Starling made a LOT more than Harrison from baseball. Shooting from the hip with zero research I'd guess at least 4X more which puts him in the 10mil range??
You sent me down the rabbit trail with this and good guess…$7.5 million signing bonus and Sport Trac says another $1.6 in salary etc for career earnings of $9.1 million. And a silver medal in the Olympics too

You sent me down the rabbit trail with this and good guess…$7.5 million signing bonus and Sport Trac says another $1.6 in salary etc for career earnings of $9.1 million. And a silver medal in the Olympics too

Hahaha....total guess and I based it on their draft positiin. If memory serves Starling was like 6th overall(ish) compared to second round for Harrison so I knew he had made quite a bit more.

Reactions: HuskerJag
I still have my BUBBA Royals shirt...not a huge Royals guy but I wanted HIM to do well....

Reactions: saluno22
Interesting move by Harrison. The dude made the big leagues so he was a success I guess. But now at 28, if he can still play, he could secure a six figure income as an "amateur" athlete playing football somewhere. And hopefully graduate in 4-5 years.
I suspect he hopes to not spend 3 years in college. Maybe he wants a degree and figures he’ll earn enough to pay for it. And then there’s always the coed side benefits….

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
He can probably thank NU for $5mil or so of that bonus overpay. Nice to have the football trump card to play in his negotiations with the Royals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT