ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Alaska lodge (1st booking done)

akmark

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2003
Done with the first booking, and things went just fine. The weather was tough; it had to have rained 8-9 inches on Tuesday. However, the two we had out there decided to get into the water and ended up with their limit in large scallops right next to camp! Shrimping was unreal as usual, and then on the last day, I got them into the lingcod hole I've always wanted to hit. Underwater spire that runs to 32 feet - we hit the down drop and boom, trophy lingcod each time.

Before I post pictures I'll again tell you all that if you can and have the means you should take advantage of my RSS/Husker deal either this year or next. The Lodge is truly magical, and the VIP guests I had out there agreed (he's been all over the world hunting and fishing, and said our lodge matches up with those that cost 5x as much). I'll also say again - MAKE ME AN OFFER, even if it's a trade that pays for half of the trip. Tickets to a game, hunting trips down in Neb., etc.....I like trades, and I really want to hang out with fellow RSS members/Husker fans at my lodge. My email: akmark21@gmail.com

One more note - that black bear you see was easily 8 foot tall, 450+ pounds already before salmon season. He walked into camp following "the twins", two black bears about 3 years old that hang out together. The small male took off, but the female hung around and watched the big male walk around. That big bear walked around like he owned the entire area, and when he stood up to scent a tree we were all in awe. This all happens right in our "backyard".

3E916C33-C444-4B4D-B1A1-749FB0696F80_1_105_c.jpeg

8BC616C6-F334-4A5E-B092-BBEF9EAE4E21_1_201_a.heic

A775DF7E-C0E5-45A9-AC2C-605E70FBA1FB_1_201_a.heic

05428EC9-A8E8-4112-AAD8-E4AAC414044A_1_201_a.heic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News