ADVERTISEMENT

Osborne called Frost last night being FALSELY reported

1. Osborne doesn't seem like the kind of guy to make that phone call and immediately call the press about it. We all know Frost wouldn't say anything.

2. Osborne loses a lot of credibility calling a coach that is preparing for a conference championship game and trying to convince him to quit. Huge douche move.

3. Why does Osborne have to call Frost to tell him to come home if the contract is already signed, sealed and delivered? Hmmm.....

Why would TO need to call Frost? Frost knows the position is open. Do people really think that SF is not his own man?

Not related to the Osborne update, but footballscoop has lost a lot of credibility over the last couple years. They throw A LOT of shit at the wall, knowing something will eventually stick.
Have they ever been right? No way TO calls Scott during Champ game prep to deliver that message, and then tell someone.

At most, and I even doubt this, he called him to congratulate him on an undefeated season and maybe a happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: footnfan1
“Time to come home.” What was the context of the entire conversation. I doubt the call was:

TO: Scott

SF: Hi Coach

TO: Scott, it’s time to come home. Goodbye.

I could see it in the context of TO saying if you ever want to have the job it’s time to come home because you may not get a 2nd chance.

Or

Scott, you are ready for this job, if you want it, it’s time to come home.

Florida needs to justify not getting Frost somehow.
EXACTLY! The UF President went to visit Kelly, on the University Jet and he told them , nope. You must understand the arrogance of gata fans, they are used to getting whatever they want. The Pres even flew back to a close by airport to avoid the press, and failed at that! They were all waiting for him in Ocala, which is near Gainesville.

They are readying a stance to save face, when SF says, off to Lincoln, or, I'll just stay at UCF and kick your ass in recruiting as you refuse to schedule us any longer.

SF to Nebraska fine, to UF, not good. i would still be a huge fan of his, but going to UF would not be good optics, IMO

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Hell, any of us Knuckelheads could write this article and make up our own story just like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: coachDubs
I don’t see either of them leaking a private conversation

I don't think it's completely far fetched to imagine it would be leaked that they talked, but I agree that it's unlikely for the details of that conversation to have been released.

...and told him to come home

Edit: deleted link to FootballScoop, which is reporting this. You can find the report in their Florida search update story featured on their homepage if you're interested.

Total BS. People act like Tom can tell grown people what to do and they just follow like some lost puppy?! Please Scott is a grown man with a wife, and a baby. Tom isn't telling or calling Scott to do a damn thing. If Scott called and asked Tom questions Tom would answer them but tell him to do whats best for him. These stories are complete BS.

What if the conversation was overheard?

If Tom called Frost to tell him this .... then you guys clearly have no agreement with Frost.

If Frost turned down Florida this weekend .... then you guys clearly have no agreement with Frost.

You can't have it both ways ....

If Tom called Frost to tell him this .... then you guys clearly have no agreement with Frost.

If Frost turned down Florida this weekend .... then you guys clearly have no agreement with Frost.

Can’t have what both ways? Frost turns down Florida and that means there’s no potential agreement (but maybe unsigned) agreement with Nebraska?

LOL. Talk about wishful thinking

He did not call him yesterday, and did not make that statement. Maybe Osborne called him Friday? Laughing

Not related to the Osborne update, but footballscoop has lost a lot of credibility over the last couple years. They throw A LOT of shit at the wall, knowing something will eventually stick.

Yep, not a reliable source. Same goes (imo) for Landof10 and some others. As much as we like to hate the local media and ESPN, these writers actually have a reputation for the most part and that matters when trying to figure out who to trust.

TO is not involved, and has not been consulted. I may change my mind about this claim in half an hour after the Boomhauers say he is, right after he says he isnt.

Edit: deleted link to FootballScoop, which is reporting this. You can find the report in their Florida search update story featured on their homepage if you're interested...BUT IT'S A FALSE REPORT ACCORDING TO LJS:
http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...f47fd14f06.html#tracking-source=home-latest-1

Follow up questions I'd like to know if they were asked of TO.

Did you talk to SF on Friday?

When is the last time you talked to SF? What was the context of the conversation?

I'm not saying I believe Football Scoop, I'm saying what did TO actually deny? He denied speaking to SF yesterday, and denied making that specific statement. The guy has a Ph D and was a congressman for what 6 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT