ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Success

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
I found this tweet interesting..

it doesn't show the effect of turnovers, so if you take that out of the equation, it doesn't look quite so bad compared to other conference members.

I found this tweet interesting..

it doesn't show the effect of turnovers, so if you take that out of the equation, it doesn't look quite so bad compared to other conference members.

One of the things Rhule stressed when he was hired was winning the turnover battle and what that did towards success. In his eyes it’s one of the most important stats. Sims and Grant have to get right or they won’t be playing.

One of the things Rhule stressed when he was hired was winning the turnover battle and what that did towards success. In his eyes it’s one of the most important stats. Sims and Grant have to get right or they won’t be playing.
If they could win the turnover battle and minimize unforced mental errors, there is still hope of "stealing" 3 or 4 this year. Problem is, under the current state, I don't think it's feasible with Sims under center and a below average OL and running game.

If the coaches know Sims is the best chance to win, God help them. I have not rewatched the game yet, but it feels like there is no vertical passing threat, nor does Sims have the ability to throw receivers open. We really need an offensive identity, but I'm just not sure which rack that hat will hang on.

🌽

If they could win the turnover battle and minimize unforced mental errors, there is still hope of "stealing" 3 or 4 this year. Problem is, under the current state, I don't think it's feasible with Sims under center and a below average OL and running game.

If the coaches know Sims is the best chance to win, God help them. I have not rewatched the game yet, but it feels like there is no vertical passing threat, nor does Sims have the ability to throw receivers open. We really need an offensive identity, but I'm just not sure which rack that hat will hang on.

🌽
good point.. Sims passing average was only 6.0 yards per attempt.. that needs to be closer to 10, even if they reduce the number of passes per game, the average yards needs to go up.

Our defense isn't as good as 03' but the same type of team in some terms. Lord didn't throw a lot and wasn't too effective anyways, but we ran a lot with him and three other backs. Played tough defense and grinded out wins.

Reactions: jkeb and BleedRed78

🌽
We've had no offensive identity since the Taylor Martinez tecmo bowl days. And that was very short-lived.

Our defense isn't as good as 03' but the same type of team in some terms. Lord didn't throw a lot and wasn't too effective anyways, but we ran a lot with him and three other backs. Played tough defense and grinded out wins.
We won games in 2003 because of turnover margin. Our defense forced 3.6 turnovers per game and our offense gave up 1.8 turnovers per game.

Reactions: king_kong_
We won games in 2003 because of turnover margin. Our defense forced 3.6 turnovers per game and our offense gave up 1.8 turnovers per game.
Bullocks was the main reason, but we also didn't force Lord to be a passer in the pocket

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT