ADVERTISEMENT

No OSU.... love it!

tOSU or Wisky not getting in doesn't help us. Wisky getting in would have helped us more than OSU.

If OSU gets in people would chalk it up to..well its OSU....but if Wisky gets in then it makes the Midwest or even Greatplains more relevant. IMO

I hope in the future if Frost gets things turned around if you happen to beat Nebraska in Lincoln it actually bolsters your national resume.

Kinda why were invited to join the conference - to add another nationally relevant team - probably the only reason.

Justice was served. Let's get real, Alabama should probably be the one seed, let alone 4. Clemson is probably the most upset out of anyone right about now.

Reactions: PM4NU
tOSU or Wisky not getting in doesn't help us. Wisky getting in would have helped us more than OSU.

If OSU gets in people would chalk it up to..well its OSU....but if Wisky gets in then it makes the Midwest or even Greatplains more relevant. IMO
It certainly would have helped Wisky or OSU recruiting. Not sure how that benefits us.

On the flip side beating us didn’t help either Wisconsin or OSU. Those games were all risk and no reward. Lose to Nebraska and it is a horrible loss - beat them and it means nothing. We have to get back to those games meaning something in the national landscape.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Take UCF and leave Bama and OSU pouting on the sidelines. I don`t mind OSU except for Urban, Herbstreit, Galloway and Smith. Those are the 4 asshats of college football.

Reactions: Corn_King
I don't see how it's better that two SEC teams get in. We can play devil's advocate all day. The fact of the matter is that Alabama lost to the team who lost the SEC CCG. And they were rewarded with a spot in the CFP. I, for one, am tired of the SEC and would have gladly taken a B1G rep in the CFP no matter my feelings for our rivals.

Reactions: Can o' corn
It certainly would have helped Wisky or OSU recruiting. Not sure how that benefits us.

I'm looking at it from the national perspective of the geographical area and how it translates to success or failure in the minds of recruits.

If kids are spoon fed, "This program can't win anymore because they are geographically here" by ESPN et all, they just might believe it and not give any school in that area a sniff. But if Wisconsin can get into the playoffs, then surely an Iowa, or a Minnesota can. And that means Nebraska can as well.

To us who follow Nebraska for the past 30-40 years we KNOW it can happen, and happen a lot, but the youngins don't. And if they don't believe you can have success in a certain geographical area, why go there?

That's one reason why I would have liked Wisconsin in.

I don't see how it's better that two SEC teams get in. We can play devil's advocate all day. The fact of the matter is that Alabama lost to the team who lost the SEC CCG. And they were rewarded with a spot in the CFP. I, for one, am tired of the SEC and would have gladly taken a B1G rep in the CFP no matter my feelings for our rivals.
The SEC deserved it this time. They had 3 teams that had great years, and the Big 10's best teams had too many losses. Maybe next year it will be the SEC's turn to get left out.

On the flip side beating us didn’t help either Wisconsin or OSU. Those games were all risk and no reward. Lose to Nebraska and it is a horrible loss - beat them and it means nothing. We have to get back to those games meaning something in the national landscape.
Their was 0 risk in losing to us.

If it weren’t for weak a— teams in the west, like us the last few years, this wouldn’t be such as in issue. We need to pull our weight.

I can't stand Meyer but I would rather have them in the playoffs over Alabama I can't stand Saban and Alabama I hope Clemson curb stops them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT