ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs. Bama Backfields

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
This is kind of an offshoot of Jordan Stevenson looking at Nebraska. Does anyone know what Alabama's backfield looks like? Because honestly, our's is pretty stacked. I'm all for competition and I'm all for Stevenson coming here, but we appear to be a bit stacked at RB. Is Bama as stacked? Could be a swaying factor, at least it would be for me.

This is kind of an offshoot of Jordan Stevenson looking at Nebraska. Does anyone know what Alabama's backfield looks like? Because honestly, our's is pretty stacked. I'm all for competition and I'm all for Stevenson coming here, but we appear to be a bit stacked at RB. Is Bama as stacked? Could be a swaying factor, at least it would be for me.

I had that same thought too, which is why I was kind of surprised he was looking here. Don't get me wrong though, I'd be super excited to have him.

...and now add Miami's backfield to that question. Anyone know what that looks like?

Not a Bama expert but read this on a bleacherreport article about Bama's RBs this season:
Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake and Tyren Jones figure to make up Alabama's next version of a three-headed monster, with each member of the trio bringing a different skill set to the position.

Henry is likely to start...I think 2 or those 3 listed are JR's. No idea on their other roster RB's..

My guess is that #'s wise we each already have 4 good backs on the roster (Cross, Wilbon, Taylor, Newby). They have at least three good ones as well and likely another 1 or 2 younger ones. Either way kid will have to compete..

I hope that we get this kid..

GBR

Not a Bama expert but read this on a bleacherreport article about Bama's RBs this season:
Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake and Tyren Jones figure to make up Alabama's next version of a three-headed monster, with each member of the trio bringing a different skill set to the position.

Henry is likely to start...I think 2 or those 3 listed are JR's. No idea on their other roster RB's..

My guess is that #'s wise we each already have 4 good backs on the roster (Cross, Wilbon, Taylor, Newby). They have at least three good ones as well and likely another 1 or 2 younger ones. Either way kid will have to compete..

I hope that we get this kid..

GBR
Its posted here in various threads. They have great players they are trying to argue will jump to the pros early to make room. No way the situations are equal; we just lost a dominant starter, that Alabama left open to us down there. We have no heir apparent; its anyones game to take. Alabama runs off 4 and 5* rb's in numbers we would like to have total stars for our team, not just one position.

To the Beav, this is Ward speaking...............and Stevenson is a game-proven, versatile starter at which high school?

Ours is stacked? Oh I beg to differ.. who do we have that has proven anything?

Imani is a great person, had a couple nice runs here and there, but he usually runs into the back of his OLine and falls down.
Newby probably looks the best out of any of them, but he just is too indecisive and fumble prone. By the time he sees the hole, it's already closed up on him.
Taylor has been injured for what, 2 or 3 years now?
Wilbon, his film is just ok, but this isn't dancing with the stars..
The random white guy walk on running back, you can't be serious

DPE is the best running back we got, and he's a receiver.

Reactions: Mtnhusker
Alabama is loaded at running back and have signed the nation's #1 back this year.

Oh well, posted in another thread. Alabama only has 3 scholarship backs that are not hurt. They just picked up Xavian Marks LAST WEEK (2* player) to bolster their numbers.

Thx for all responses. Lots of variety in opinion here on this one...be interesting to see where he lands. I like our coach's effort and potential chances...at least we've got a hat in the ring on this one.

GBR

Looks like Riley closed the deal and congrats to the Huskers. He could not have gone wrong at either school. Here at Bama we have 3 great backs but depth is a concern since Drake and Scarborough are coming off injuries. I hope Riley brings the Huskers back. He is a good coach and guy and he played at a pretty good college himself.....Cool

Looks like Riley closed the deal and congrats to the Huskers. He could not have gone wrong at either school. Here at Bama we have 3 great backs but depth is a concern since Drake and Scarborough are coming off injuries. I hope Riley brings the Huskers back. He is a good coach and guy and he played at a pretty good college himself.....Cool
Great post, thanks. Bottom line is " we have 3 great backs "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT