ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nebraska DB commit Evan Taylor has amazing experience in Lincoln

Greg Smith

Blackshirt
Staff
Apr 20, 2017
Lincoln

North Carolina defensive back Evan Taylor joined the Huskers' recruiting class back in June. The Huskers quietly coveted the North Carolina defender all cycle because of his great length and athleticism. This weekend he was in Nebraska for his first game day experience in Lincoln. It could not have gone better for the North Carolina native.

"My trip was amazing," Taylor said. "I'm glad I got to experience the game-day atmosphere for the first time. I really enjoyed it!"

This was the first time since his official visit in June that Taylor was in Nebraska. It's always different coming back as commit. There were several things that stood out to him most about the trip.

"My favorite part was before the game started and looking around to see the fans all packed up in the stadium," Taylor said. "I'm also glad that I got speak more with the other recruits and the coaches. Just creating stronger relationships. Ready for what the future holds!"

I did spot Taylor on crutches during pre game when he was on the field with other recruits. He injured his knee early in his senior season but says rehab is coming along well. Taylor will be in Lincoln this January as an early enrollee and hopes to be cleared for workouts by then.

Taylor did love being able to see another dominating performance by Tony White's defense. The eight sacks and and 13 tackles for loss were a season-high. That fired the defender up.

"I'm really loving what I see from the defense," Taylor said. "Can’t wait to be apart of it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News