ADVERTISEMENT

My top 20 all-time streaming series (updated)

huskerpete8

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
With the dark days of sports viewing right around the corner, I figured I’d try to spark some discussion about shows to binge! I’ve posted something like this before, but it’s been updated. As you’ll see, my genre is fairly narrow, but that’s how it is haha! I’m also always looking for suggestions! Tonight, I will begin the show, 1883.

Without further ado, my Top 20:

1. Breaking Bad - The GOAT. Not debatable!

2. Justified - Tim Oliphant is great, the characters (especially the villains) are interesting and the storylines are fantastic. I was literally depressed when the last episode ended.

3. Bosch - Great stories, loved the relationship with his daughter, and just thought he was an interesting, complicated bad-ass. Great, great stories.

4. Goliath - Very underrated! Billy Bob is incredible, Patty is hilarious and each season ends in feel-good fashion. Season 1 was the best but they were all good.

5. Mayor of Kingstown (NEW) - Love, love, love it! It’s a little far-fetched, but man, Jeremy Renner don’t GAF!!! Gritty, violent and interesting. I’m so sad there’s only one episode left this season! He is a complete bad-ass.

6. Ozark - Seems to pay a lot of homage to Breaking Bad, which is obviously fine with me. Ruth is one of my absolute favorites. The tension and stress levels are always high.

7. Man in the High Castle (NEW) - This took a while to get into, but once I did, I was hooked! The last several episodes had me on the edge of my seat.

8. True Detective - Season 2 was just OK, but 1 was sensational and 3 was also good.

9. Fargo - Again, it varied a bit by season, but the storytelling and characters were riveting.

10. Game of Thrones - Complicated characters and storylines … heavy viewing but damn entertaining.

11. The Wire - Grim and often depressing, this would be higher on my list if the “good guys” won a little more. And yes, I consider Omar a “good guy” lol!

12. Hell on Wheels - Didn’t like the last few episodes and ending that much, but overall, very strong. Loved Common’s role.

13. Yellowstone (NEW) - Love Rip and Jimmie and Kasey, but man, Beth is one unlikeable person. Great show though.

14. Stranger Things - Love the 80s throwback and the acting by the kids. Sort of unbelievable but it’s OK to suspend reality.

15. Longmire - Old, grizzly sheriff Always gets his man, and at the end, well, no spoiler.

16. The Sopranos - Loved it more then than I do now. So grim. As I get older, I like more clarity between good and bad guys in shows. But certainly fantastic.

17. The Americans - Story about Russian spies posing as American suburbanites, and their cat-and-mouse game with the FBI agent living next door.

18. Homeland - story about a brilliant but crazy female CIA agent. Stressful to watch at times, but very well-made

19. The Office - I figured I’d throw one comedy on the list, but I stopped watching AM (after Michael).

20. True Blood - The best of the vampire genre. It went a little downhill toward the end, but there were certainly plenty of entertaining moments and plot lines.

Honorable Mention - Peaky Blinders, Better Call Saul, Narcos, Sweet Tooth, Last Chance U, Luther, Cheers, Californication, Seinfeld, Friends,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News