ADVERTISEMENT

Mique Juarez

c3ntral08

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saw the article last night saying we have a chance. Then the new Rivals 100 rankings come out today and he's 5 star, #1 player in California. It was fun to dream there for half a day. Still awesome to see coach Bray have a strong relationship with such a high quality talent. Hope we can at least get this kid on campus for a visit. GBR

People saying we have no chance are either pussies, losers or idiots. You go for the throat and go for the best! Why as this "it was nice to dream stuff", it's some foreign to me to hear this. I'm not calling you the OP names but we have to continue pushing, gotta dig deep and put in late hours to land these kids.

Reactions: knightwxc5000
People saying we have no chance are either pussies, losers or idiots. You go for the throat and go for the best! Why as this "it was nice to dream stuff", it's some foreign to me to hear this. I'm not calling you the OP names but we have to continue pushing, gotta dig deep and put in late hours to land these kids.
+1

We can't approach recruiting as a second-rate program.

Agreed. If he's interested and he's unsigned, NU is going to need to cultivate an attitude of stepping in and swinging with the big boys on the recruiting trail if it wants to be able to do likewise on the football field.

I am concerned about Riley targeting low character kids who look around after they commit. That is not the Nebraska way and I quite frankly have no interest in soon to be busts that do this.

(Read heavy sarcasm)

Under T O ; others, always went for the top guy on our board - its just sometimes our coaches didn't agree on who or what was a 5*. Like this rb; when they averaged 8.8 yards a carry as a scat back - then grow a couple inches and pack on 20 pounds and can't be tackled in Spring ball, you look at him and if its real, you grab him. The stars or he can star later - We have Experienced and in some places coaches who were in the Pros making these decision - they get it.

I just went from 6 to midnight. Landing a few kids like this every year is a necessity if we want to be legit. It needs to be cool to go to Nebraska. Riley's bringing sexy back.

No I'm with you we have to swing with the big boys but I just can't ever imagine us landing the number 1 player in cali. Just sounds too good to be true. I HOPE I'm eating crow on this some day. GBR

No I'm with you we have to swing with the big boys but I just can't ever imagine us landing the number 1 player in cali. Just sounds too good to be true. I HOPE I'm eating crow on this some day. GBR
There are many reports that if we didn't take Harrison Beck, Sanchez would of been a Husker.

2005 we landed the #2 overall in Cali, #1 overall was very interested in us before Beck committed and #4 visited us. It is not out of the question.

Just need to keep at it.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-962/0

Saw the article last night saying we have a chance. Then the new Rivals 100 rankings come out today and he's 5 star, #1 player in California. It was fun to dream there for half a day. Still awesome to see coach Bray have a strong relationship with such a high quality talent. Hope we can at least get this kid on campus for a visit. GBR
will be staying out west but it an outstanding player

Exactly. This is a Blue Blood program we're talking about that played for 5 national titles in a 10 year stretch starting with that 93 season. We're not Wyoming. The resources the program has are among the best in the nation. Top players go and play for schools that are far away. These things happen.

The loser attitude of "Oh NU can never get good players because it's located in Nebraska" needs to die a rapid death. If you believe NU has no business competing with teams like USC, UCLA and Oregon, then it becomes true. Top talent doesn't wanna go play for a coach who tells them, "Yeah well these are better programs that just have things we'll never have, but hey maybe if they turn you down give us a call..."

Exactly. This is a Blue Blood program we're talking about that played for 5 national titles in a 10 year stretch starting with that 93 season. We're not Wyoming. The resources the program has are among the best in the nation. Top players go and play for schools that are far away. These things happen.

The loser attitude of "Oh NU can never get good players because it's located in Nebraska" needs to die a rapid death. If you believe NU has no business competing with teams like USC, UCLA and Oregon, then it becomes true. Top talent doesn't wanna go play for a coach who tells them, "Yeah well these are better programs that just have things we'll never have, but hey maybe if they turn you down give us a call..."

This post is filled with truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT