ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Mickey Joseph on the road...[UPDATED 10/21 8:42a]

Greg Smith

Blackshirt
Staff
Apr 20, 2017
Lincoln
The bye week is generally a good time for the staff to get out on the road and recruit. The first bye week the staff was all over the country keeping contact with prospects and commits. Inside Nebraska has learned that interim coach Mickey Joseph will be in Arizona on Thursday and Georgia on Friday.

I'm not sure yet who he is seeing in Arizona but I know that he will attend Cedar Grove's game outside of Atlanta on Friday. That's the home of wide receiver commit Barry Jackson. It's also home of summer official visitors DB Kayin Lee (Ohio State commit) and WDE Adonijah Green (Louisville commit). Cedar Grove is also home to a handful of underclassmen who are offer worth too. Sean Beckton will be joining Joseph at that stop in Georgia.

On a related note, I will also be in Atlanta covering that game between Cedar Grove and Sandy Creek. I'll touchdown in Atlanta tomorrow and attend Cedar Grove's practice in the afternoon. As I find out where more coaches are heading, I'll post it.

Thursday update

>>
Running backs coach Bryan Applewhite is in Chicago visiting newly offered 2023 prospect Andre Crews. Some nice immediate follow-up there after the offer.

Sources also say that Applewhite will hit the Kansas JUCO scene late this week.

>> Slight switch in plans for Mickey Joseph. He will be in Georgia today. Still think he will be in Arizona on Friday but will try to double-check that asap.

>> Bill Busch was in Arizona on Wednesday and offered former Husker Kyle Vanden Bosch’s sons. Case and Bastian picked up offers. They are 2026 prospects. Bastian is a TE/DE and Case is a QB.

Friday update

>> There's been a slew off offers that have gone out in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia and more. I'll have more on that as I sort through it and gather some thoughts from the prospects.

>> Dylan Raiola isn't the only prospect of interest for the Huskers at Chandler. 2024 running back Ca'Lil Valentine and 2024 defensive back Kennedy Urlacher are ones to watch to see if they get offers this week.

Yes Kennedy is the son of Hall of Fame Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher. There is plenty of talent for the Huskers to scout in Arizona this week.

>> There is an incredible amount of talent down here. Yesterday the staff made a few offers at Woodward Academy in Georgia. Look for Sean Beckton to continue checking out Georgia prospects today. It's not a huge shock that he plans to hit talent factories Buford and Grayson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News