ADVERTISEMENT

Mens BB transfers, Meah N, Connor N, Gavin G, Morgan and Rollie N

Maybe we caused that???
I hope so, but that doesn't really matter to the tournament committee. Huskers had a chance to play their way up to 7 seed with a win over Illinois in the B1G Tournament, and fell short. Pretty much every analyst who lives and breaths the brackets had them pegged as an 8.

Was hoping Hoiberg would kick the tires on Fred King, but King dropped out of the portal yesterday and is going back to Creighton. Hope he makes his way out of McDermott's doghouse.

I hope we are able to fill the two. That roster isn't great. Some nice players, but kinda meh.
It’s not any more meh than last year. Tominaga generated a lot of enthusiasm but he was a defensive liability. We needed to replace his 3 pt shooting and Allicks inside game. It appears we did that nicely. You never know who you might add late to those 2 open spots.

Mast going to redshirt, needs knee surgery.
so in essence we're 3 players short. 2 scholarships and Mast going to redshirt. Why didn't we fill? Couldn't?? Is there still an ace up someone's sleeve with lower tier players??

so in essence we're 3 players short. 2 scholarships and Mast going to redshirt. Why didn't we fill? Couldn't?? Is there still an ace up someone's sleeve with lower tier players??
I think you almost HAVE to leave a couple of spots open for now. There’s going to be other guys become available.

Igor Milicic would of been a better Mast. Huge miss on Igor's part as he would of been scary in Hoibergs offense. Huge miss on Nebraska's end on not getting him. Morgan is not a passer AT all. He seems to be a black hole when the ball gets to him. He is talented and aggressive, but doesn't currently fill the Mast void IMO

Igor Milicic would have been a better Mast. Huge miss on Igor's part as he would have been scary in Hoibergs offense. Huge miss on Nebraska's end on not getting him. Morgan is not a passer AT all. He seems to be a black hole when the ball gets to him. He is talented and aggressive, but doesn't currently fill the Mast void IMO
What do we attribute the miss to? Lack of effort in recruiting him? Lack of a tourney win? Better NIL offer where he went?

Tough to get all the top guys you want where they have other options…

Reactions: dinglefritz
Igor Milicic would of been a better Mast. Huge miss on Igor's part as he would of been scary in Hoibergs offense. Huge miss on Nebraska's end on not getting him. Morgan is not a passer AT all. He seems to be a black hole when the ball gets to him. He is talented and aggressive, but doesn't currently fill the Mast void IMO
can guys grad transfer at anytime without being in the portal windows? I think people are under appreciating the guy from North Dakota but time will tell. We got 2 6-10+ guys with D-1 experience. That's a win. Losing Mast is very unfortunate.

What do we attribute the miss to? Lack of effort in recruiting him? Lack of a tourney win? Better NIL offer where he went?

Tough to get all the top guys you want where they have other options…
Nebraska hoops is a hard sell

He’s going to play at Wake Forest - a basketball school in a basketball state in a basketball conference with a rich basketball history

Nebraska hoops is a hard sell

He’s going to play at Wake Forest - a basketball school in a basketball state in a basketball conference with a rich basketball history
No... he committed to Tennessee. His name didn't even come up on the radar until Morgan had already committed. Pretty sure he felt his role was already taken by Morgan

Reactions: king_kong_
No... he committed to Tennessee. I think it was because we already had Morgan
in that case - as with about 300 other D1 programs - my post still applies

we're not going to get traditional prospects by traditional recruiting to a traditional system

we need to be different and win different if we're ever going to meaningfully improve our hoops outlook nationally

Right now as we sit, this is where I see we are at

Connor E. (SG) replaced Keisei/Wilcher (SG) wash
Morgan (PF) replaced Mast (PF) downgrade
Meah (C) replaced Allick (PF) upgrade
Worster (CG) replaced Lawrence (SG) wash
Gavin G. (SF) replaced Keisei/Wilcher (SG) upgrade because of height and versatility

Nobody is going to replace Keisei's energy or 3pt ability. He was on the mount Rushmore of 3pt shooters from Nebraska, but I still consider Gavin G. an upgrade due to his ceiling.

Right now as we sit, this is where I see we are at

Connor E. (SG) replaced Keisei/Wilcher (SG) wash
Morgan (PF) replaced Mast (PF) downgrade
Meah (C) replaced Allick (PF) upgrade
Worster (CG) replaced Lawrence (SG) wash
Gavin G. (SF) replaced Keisei/Wilcher (SG) upgrade because of height and versatility

Nobody is going to replace Keisei's energy or 3pt ability. He was on the mount Rushmore of 3pt shooters from Nebraska, but I still consider Gavin G. an upgrade due to his ceiling.

As of right now, KT was better than anybody that has come in. He was 2nd or 3rd team all conference, other teams had to game plan him, he created his own offense, and his game opened up the floor for his teammates.

We're probably better defensively, but him and Mast is a huge loss on offense that I don't think we've replaced at this point.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Deivon Smith from Utah is in the portal with no commitment listed. Smith could be the PG the Huskers have lacked for a while, and would bring back some of the speed that went out the door when Lawrence left.

I'm guessing there is microfracture involved. Which isn't that bad of a procedure, but you have to stay off the leg forever to get proper healing.
That or a nasty bone cyst. IF he had a significant meniscal tear with repair versus removal that’s also lengthy recovery.

Deivon Smith is still available - 4th highest rated PG in the portal and 2nd highest among the uncommitted PGs. Tell Rollie Worster to get him on the phone and make this a package deal.

Deivon Smith is still available - 4th highest rated PG in the portal and 2nd highest among the uncommitted PGs. Tell Rollie Worster to get him on the phone and make this a package deal.
but but but why didn't we fill our scholarships yet?:)

Great PWO pick up.

KT may have been a liability on defense but he could generate buckets and passed well to other open guys. The big ten has plenty of teams who cant shoot, so we need to have players who can score. Mast went on streaks where he sucked bad but he was an excellent passer and went on runs.

Generating offense will be the challenge, BUT I like our defense and rebounding. Rebounding has been the weakness of past NU teams. So its good to get that covered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT