ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule Is a Coward and a Fraud

We fired Frost after five years, give it a rest please. The last two games, yeah we could have won, but didn’t, we were underdogs. With all the injuries we’ve had, we’ve seen improvement through out this team and we will still make a bowl. That was the barn burner with Frost, no sign of any improvement at all from week to week or year to year. We are the best six loss team in the country, well maybe not, but we are the best, most injured six loss team in the country. Finish strong, go to a bowl, and portal hard. After watching the SC - UCLA game next year doesn’t look as daunting as we thought.

Is this sarcasm? I really hope this is sarcasm. "The best, most injured six loss team in the country?" Holy crap. Was last night a quality loss?

Yep… season isn’t over but as of now he gets an F as a coach. Easiest schedule in my lifetime and this bum may not even get to .500. His talent evaluation is an F.

Can we please man up as a program and hire Gundy.
You understand very little football apparently. Half the offense is young or never played. We are averaging less than 20 points per game. It's dillutional to expect anything more than we are getting. This year is just to give a bunch of new blood experience and prepare for year 2 & 3. That is where we are.

Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.
I didn’t agree with how the last minute was managed, but calling people clowns and frauds for a coaching decision that tied the game in regulation is even worse. Chill out.

Okay, maybe we didn’t go far enough! We are the BEST six loss, most injured, most penalized, most turn over prone, worse special teams coached team that can’t handle time management team in the country and we still have the number one ranked women’s volleyball team! How many teams can say that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
Not saying we should fire him - Nebraska has to keep Rhule as we cannot go on with this ongoing coaching carousel. My point is that we have not really made any progress from last year - unless we beat Iowa which I believe is VERY unlikely. Cannot believe that the line is one point.
Why do we have to stick with Rhule? If you had a crystal ball and could see the future and knew he’d never win more than 5 games, why not get rid of him now? Just because of how it looks?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yep… season isn’t over but as of now he gets an F as a coach. Easiest schedule in my lifetime and this bum may not even get to .500. His talent evaluation is an F.

Can we please man up as a program and hire Gundy.
Mike Gundy? The same Mike Gundy who was run off the field by two directional schools, South Alabama and Central Florida.

I do, yes. But you didn’t answer the question. If you knew 100% what the future held, would you still keep him?

• Haha
Why do we have to stick with Rhule? If you had a crystal ball and could see the future and knew he’d never win more than 5 games, why not get rid of him now? Just because of how it looks?
Look up his history and he has won more than 5 games..

🫵🏼🤡

Reactions: RedMyMind
How many nah sayers still want to go with, Prime? We were told this would be a process, unfortunately it is!
So how do you spell nay-sayers, nah or nay, Boy was I wrong there, guess Rhule was to blame cuz I was still so upset.

you been using a crystal ball or crystal meth?

you are asking a ridiculous hypothetical.
I don't understand why you won't answer? It's just a question on a message board, there's no stakes here. You aren't going to jail for saying the wrong thing.

I don't understand why you won't answer? It's just a question on a message board, there's no stakes here. You aren't going to jail for saying the wrong thing.
if you had a crystal ball and the future said you would always be a douche, would you keep on living?

• Love
Reactions: Laner2 and InMotion
Mind boggling coaching decisions to let around 40 seconds tick off without calling a timeout. Before you say “ well they didn’t want to turn it over”, think about it. It wasn’t 3rd or 4th and long with 20 seconds left, it was a first down with around a minute left. Plenty of time to reach the end zone even with run plays to win the game!

I honestly believe it was intentional, some vindictive reason behind the scenes as to why you would piss a win down the drain like that. All that grit and toughness shown by the defense to keep the offense in it. Matt Rhule is a coward and a fraud.

Can’t wait to lose to Iowa 13-10 and miss out on a bowl for the seventh straight year. Complete clown show over in Lincon.
Jesus man! This was a balancing act. Try watching some football and maybe you'd see what happens when you leave too much time on the clock after going ahead at the end of the game when the defenses are gassed. The other team almost ALWAYS comes back to win during that last minute. Look at last week, look at the NFL every week.

Another thing, you don't have Patrick Mahomes out there managing the clock. You have a guy who was the 3rd string QB 8 days ago. A seasoned QB would have gotten things in order to run a couple more plays, but we don't have that now. We also are down to our 4th string RB, WRs who weren't on the depth chart at the start of the season, and minus 2 starting OLs (although one of the OLs not playing now is a plus).

In 1983 and 1995, the years we had our best offenses, the same guys started the first game of the season and the bowl game. Now, compared to the start of the season we have guys who were at the start of the season:

RB - 4th string
QB - 3rd string
WR - 1st String
WR - 3rd String
WR - 3rd String
TE - 1st String
OT - 2nd String
OT - 1st String
OG - 3rd String
OG - 1st String
C - 1st String

It's pretty amazing that they can even gain a yard, and you're bitching about clock management in a game going into OT against a team that was supposed to be, from a talent standpoint, top 25 at the start of the year.

Another thing, you don't have Patrick Mahomes out there managing the clock. You have a guy who was the 3rd string QB 8 days ago. A seasoned QB would have gotten things in order to run a couple more plays, but we don't have that now.

Do we have a coach on the sideline who can call a timeout?

Reactions: BluejayAttyAlum
How many nah sayers still want to go with, Prime? We were told this would be a process, unfortunately it is!
A process is turning the program into a contender for conference championships. A process is turning the program back in to a top 25 program.

Finishing with six wins and going to 1 of the 41 bowl games isn’t a process. Especially when you’re 5–3 with 4 winnable games left to get that 6th win. This isn’t a process. This is sad and just awful leadership.

Intentionally throwing the game seems a bit over the top. But last nights games does leave a lot to be desired. I can typically move on from a game, and usually do. But this game even has me befuddled to the point of confusion and frustration. It’s Rhule first year, so he deserves some slack I guess. But man, the decisions that went on are really mind boggling to the point of questioning Rhule a bit.

Intentionally throwing the game seems a bit over the top. But last nights games does leave a lot to be desired. I can typically move on from a game, and usually do. But this game even has me befuddled to the point of confusion and frustration. It’s Rhule first year, so he deserves some slack I guess. But man, the decisions that went on are really mind boggling to the point of questioning Rhule a bit.
He's not new to the head coaching game, there shouldn't be this kind of growing pains.

A process is turning the program into a contender for conference championships. A process is turning the program back in to a top 25 program.

Finishing with six wins and going to 1 of the 41 bowl games isn’t a process. Especially when you’re 5–3 with 4 winnable games left to get that 6th win. This isn’t a process. This is sad and just awful leadership.
I’ll agree there are some problems, you have a poor offensive line, questionable position coaches is; special teams, o-line, OC and receivers coaches! Granted that is all on Rhule and Alberts. Throw in the injuries we’ve had and this is what you’ve got. But, when things were cooler and people were looking at who to get to replace Frost, a good decision was made! Just because some of these negative factors are raising their heads doesn’t mean Rhule was a bad decision. It means we can beat Iowa, win a bowl game then re-evaluate some decisions. The problem started after we fired Solich, it’s inexcusable that it continues, but we have a coach that believes it can be done, which is better then having a coach that throws shade on his players, and denies responsibility for his stupid actions, Frost. Let’s be patient, it’ll work out.

Reactions: Yantzeee
I think the fans should choose who they want fired and hired.

I mean, running Bo out of town was genius, he only won 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9 games in his 7 seasons.

And hiring Frost was genius with his 4, 5, 3, 3, 4, wins in 5 seasons.

Rhule won 5 in first season with a game left, but is a fraud? LOL
Good thread.

The schedule is as an easy one this year. All you have to do is realize we played a MSU team without a coach. We played Northwestern with an interim coach coming off the largest scandal in their history. We didn’t have to play Penn State. Didn’t play OSU. The other teams in the Big West we did play are down in the gutter this year. Frost had the offense just not the defense so much. This guy has no offense whatsoever.

Funny thing is everyone says it’s his first year like he has never coached before but these are some of things he did to get run out of Carolina. Lucky for Carolina they had offset language saying that if the Coach got a comparable job they would be off the hook for his salary. Carolina loves Nebraska.

Reactions: Dylman
This thread is insane.
They only ran it to position themselves for the field goal. The throw was to eliminate some more time. Purdy was not trying to complete that pass. After they got to the 25 with a minute to go they could have actively tried to score a touchdown. Wisconsin showed no ability to then go down the girls in 15-20 seconds to score a touchdown,

I'll play. If I knew we were only going to win 5 games a year for the next several years, then sure, fire him. But you nor anyone else knows that which makes it a ridiculous proposition. If I knew Apple was going to tank in the near future would I sell my shares? Sure. But I don't so I won't.

Reactions: headcard
I agree.

Just look at the predictions thread.

Rhule cannot be and was not expected to beat Fickell last night.

To judge him so harshly for delivering on expectations is ridiculous.

Nebraska was a TD underdog true. But you should probably ease up on blowing Fickell, he took a team pre-season Top 25 and picked to win the West and is about to go 6-6.

I’ll agree there are some problems, you have a poor offensive line, questionable position coaches is; special teams, o-line, OC and receivers coaches! Granted that is all on Rhule and Alberts. Throw in the injuries we’ve had and this is what you’ve got. But, when things were cooler and people were looking at who to get to replace Frost, a good decision was made! Just because some of these negative factors are raising their heads doesn’t mean Rhule was a bad decision. It means we can beat Iowa, win a bowl game then re-evaluate some decisions. The problem started after we fired Solich, it’s inexcusable that it continues, but we have a coach that believes it can be done, which is better then having a coach that throws shade on his players, and denies responsibility for his stupid actions, Frost. Let’s be patient, it’ll work out.
You do realize the let’s be patient bit is old though, right? It’s been said for 20+ years.

I’d agree to “let’s continue to support the team” but I’m not going to over look poor coaching especially when the hires were questionable at first. I’m going to be very critical of Rhule (just like many will be) because we weren’t sold on the guy from the start and appears to be the guy us doubters thought we were getting. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong but it’s yet to be seen. And it looks like it’s going to be a very long winter for the program

Reactions: Dylman

You sir are most certainly a brain dead dumbass.. This is year 1 of a rebuild and Rhule isn't going anywhere. I'm just glad the university will never listen to moron's like you!

This thread is insane.
No, what’s insane is 7 year without making a bowl game. What’s insane is being 5-3 and not being able to win a single freaking game to get in a bowl. That’s insane. And yes, let’s stop playing like we are asking Rhule to move a mountain. 6 wins with this schedule wasn’t asking too much. Not even close. You’ve been happy with the hire since day 1 and now that it’s proven to be extremely questionable, your playing the blame everything else but Rhule game

You sir are most certainly a brain dead dumbass.. This is year 1 of a rebuild and Rhule isn't going anywhere. I'm just glad the university will never listen to moron's like you!
Emotional posting right after the game is a bad thing. I usually try to avoid the board until the following day after a loss. I would rather do a few more enjoyable things first before coming on here.
1. Slam my dick in a car door.
2. Have a threesome with Whoopi and Joy.
3. Shave my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tinfoil.

Thanks for your opinion. I would love it if you were the head of the athletic department, that way we could lose every game and still collect those BIG checks. You wouldn’t even have to show up to work. Work smarter not harder.

How's Carolina doing this year?

Carolina PanthersFollow team​

4th NFC South
| 1-8
DateHome/AwayOpponentStatusScore
Sat, Aug 12 (Preseason)vs
2019_NYJ_wbg.png
NY Jets
L27 - 0
Fri, Aug 18 (Preseason)@
2019_NYG_wbg.png
NY Giants
L21 - 19
Fri, Aug 25 (Preseason)vs
2019_DET_wbg.png
Detroit
L26 - 17
Sun, Sep 10@
2019_ATL_wbg.png
Atlanta
L24 - 10
Mon, Sep 18vs
2019_NO_wbg.png
New Orleans
L20 - 17
Sun, Sep 24@
2019_SEA_wbg.png
Seattle
L37 - 27
Sun, Oct 1vs
2019_MIN_wbg.png
Minnesota
L21 - 13
Sun, Oct 8@
2019_DET_wbg.png
Detroit
L42 - 24
Sun, Oct 15@
2019_MIA_wbg.png
Miami
L42 - 21
Bye Week
Sun, Oct 29vs
2019_HOU_wbg.png
Houston
W15 - 13
Sun, Nov 5vs
2019_IND_wbg.png
Indianapolis
L27 - 13
Thu, Nov 9@
bears_new_wbg.png
Chicago
L16 - 13

DateHome/AwayOpponentTime

I don't want to get into hysterics and hyperbole. Looking back on this season I think you have to give Rhule and his staff a grade of C for the year. There has been incremental improvement, but the improvement has not been to the level that deserves giving them a higher grade.

I don't want to get into hysterics and hyperbole. Looking back on this season I think you have to give Rhule and his staff a grade of C for the year. There has been incremental improvement, but the improvement has not been to the level that deserves giving them a higher grade.
I don’t disagree fundamentally they look much better. However last night you couldn’t say “ well we turned the ball over five times can’t win that way”. You had a coach rob his team of a chance to play for the win with more than enough time given where they were on the field. I think the staff has short comings that need to be addressed, I just believe Rhule will not have the balls to make those said changes.

Totally unfair, immature, and
arrogant response ! Grow up !

Reactions: Wyldcard

People complained last week when we played for a touchdown against Maryland instead of kicking a field goal to go up 13-10 but threw an interception instead.

Now we do the opposite this week and play for the field goal to go to overtime and people complain about not going for the win, something tells me if we turn the ball over going for the win we'd hear much more complaints instead of playing for overtime.

But considering our past record against Wisconsin and our performances in our latest overtime games, going for the win may have been a better option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT