ADVERTISEMENT

Master Thread

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Hello Friends... It's that time of year again. Who you got?

- Winner - Koepka or Speith
- Long Shots I like - Gary Woodland or Phil

Last edited:
Hello Friends... It's that time of year again. Who you got?

- Winner - Koepka or Speith
- Gary Woodland or Phil
Scheffler. Spieth is fighting some demons now. He messed with his swing to try to gain distance and he's not the same. I haven't seen Koepka play since last year so I have no idea where he's at with his game. I think it's possible some little known guy gets hot and gets it done.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Scheffler. Spieth is fighting some demons now. He messed with his swing to try to gain distance and he's not the same. I haven't seen Koepka play since last year so I have no idea where he's at with his game. I think it's possible some little known guy gets hot and gets it done.
Speith has a better chance to get cut than win.

Xander.
Scheffler.
Rahm.
C. Smith
W. Clark

star wars 80s GIF

sounds like it's going to be a soggy start tomorrow

Brooks 23-1 right now if you are one of those normal people who can place a wager without ruining your entire life

pretty tasty
Dude, not sure if I will even get to finish this post...but...I just opened up my gambling site (immediately downed a bottle of pills), put ALL my money and my house, on Tiger to win it all...now it is time to drink a huge bottle of Jack while in a warm bath...and to make it all go away....

All because of one wager.

So many of the "young dudes" made sooooo much money from their wins (Thanks to Tiger) and endorsements (Thanks to Tiger), that they don't even need to worry about doing well anymore, they have it made! Good for them!

Reactions: TOMHP
Speith may be fighting demons, but he always performs at Augusta. Similar to Phil. Phil was absolutely awful all last year and finished 2nd. There are some people that just have it at Augusta. KJ Choi back in the day always won me money on early rounds because he would likely be near the top of the leaderboard in round 1-2 and always fell off.

The best short game guys are always in contention here as well. Koepka is always a high pick because the dude loves majors and is able to get in his zone to perform.

My favorite time of year. As long as Rory or Max Homa don't win I'd be happy.

Obvious contenders in Scheffler, Rahm, and McIlroy lead the wagering.

Couldn't drop a nickel on McIlroy. Dude has been in a bad place for a while, trying to get his next Major and to complete the Grand Slam with the Masters. Hope he actually does it this week, as he is a pretty good dude. Just don't see it.

People getting caught up with Ludvig Aberg, the seriously long hitting Euro making his Masters debut. Problem is, the guy can't putt a lick. He has had the yips putting this year as he 3 putted from 3 feet out at Torrey Pines. Can't take that guy with the pressure and the 11 Stimpmeter greens on the weekend.

Value is likely with guys like Viktor Hovland, Tony Finau, Will Zalatoris, and my longshot play this weekend in Sahith Theegala.

Reactions: dinglefritz
My pick to win it this year is Tommy Fleetwood. He seems to play well in the majors. He has grown up playing in tough conditions, so with the wet weather a person should probably go with one of them dang foreigners.

Scottie Scheffler and Joakim Nieman are my backup selections.

Justin Thomas is my dark horse pick (which seems odd to say for a multiple major winner).

Surprised Tiger has WD yet.

McIlroy can suck it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
My pick to win it this year is Tommy Fleetwood. He seems to play well in the majors. He has grown up playing in tough conditions, so with the wet weather a person should probably go with one of them dang foreigners.

Justin Thomas is my dark horse pick (which seems odd to say for a multiple major winner).

McIlroy can suck it.
Fairway Jesus is a great pick. Great dude and he definitely has the game to win a jacket.

Fairway Jesus is a great pick. Great dude and he definitely has the game to win a jacket.

Love me some Fleetwod Mac, but can't ever see him being all that competitive for a Green Jacket. Sure, he is a great player, and will scratch out some top 10s here and there, but to win? Simply can't see it.

He is a low ball hitter that likes it fast, firm, and even windy where he plays his best championship level golf. US Open and British Open are gonna be more his style and a PGA here and there.

While he hits his irons as solid and well struck and compressed as anybody, he doesn't carry his Driver and long irons far enough, nor can he hit his irons high enough to take advantage of the Par 5s at Augusta. A wet Augusta will actually be at very big odds against him being in the mix this weekend.

Obvious contenders in Scheffler, Rahm, and McIlroy lead the wagering.

Couldn't drop a nickel on McIlroy. Dude has been in a bad place for a while, trying to get his next Major and to complete the Grand Slam with the Masters. Hope he actually does it this week, as he is a pretty good dude. Just don't see it.

People getting caught up with Ludvig Aberg, the seriously long hitting Euro making his Masters debut. Problem is, the guy can't putt a lick. He has had the yips putting this year as he 3 putted from 3 feet out at Torrey Pines. Can't take that guy with the pressure and the 11 Stimpmeter greens on the weekend.

Value is likely with guys like Viktor Hovland, Tony Finau, Will Zalatoris, and my longshot play this weekend in Sahith Theegala.
Great thoughts. I forgot about Rhambo.

Not really sure how well his game fits Augusta, but I'll pick Wyndham Clark.

I have bets on koepka, zalatoris & niemann. Can't bet on scheffler, rory, etc for odds sake. Spieth has been a headcase since he carded an 8 on #12 eight-ish years ago.

Doesn’t Ladd McConnkey sound like a golfer? Not the slightest clue on who should climb the leaderboard. Once golf split I devoted way, way less time to something I didn’t devote much time into. I enjoy watching them though. As a guy who used to play a little you really have to respect their skills.

Those pants he had yesterday were comical. Almost like the old parachute pants of the 90's from Abercrombie.
They couldn’t have helped him in that win. His sweater this morning looks like somebody made it out of a large advertising banner.

McIlroy can suck it.

Fleetwood made top 5. Never really out of it all week but never really a threat to win. Scheffler was the odds on favorite and came through. My dark horse picks were a bust. Tiger can only play 36 holes somewhat competitively anymore. Rory sucked it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT