ADVERTISEMENT

Martinez First Team All Big 10

Stroud is the best QB in the Big Ten.

92931810-1c8e-11ec-b0ee-25e1c325936f

Stroud hasn't faced a good defense other than the moderately good one of Oregon ad that was with Thibidoux out. Martinez has played 3 top-10 teams thus far and as great in all three games (certainly not the reason they lost and a major reason the games were close).

Martinez is the most dangerous QB in the B1G bar none as he is really the only QB in this conference that gives opposing DCs headaches as they have to gameplan for just him as he is the total package. There are no other QBs in this conference that has rushing prowess to go along with his arm.

Martinez is the most dangerous QB in the B1G bar none as he is really the only QB in this conference that gives opposing DCs headaches as they have to gameplan for just him as he is the total package. There are no other QBs in this conference that has rushing prowess to go along with his arm.

Also no other QB in the conference who has his TD/turnover ratio.

Stroud will be 1st team based on his crazy stats. Tagovailoa, Thorne, and Martinez will likely be in the mix for 2nd team. Petras could be in there based on the team performance alone as a game manager.

Mostly agree with your post but Petras is hot garbage. There is more to being a QB than simply not turning the ball over. The Hawkeyes have won despite having Petras at QB; not because of him.

a lot of factors on this judgement call, results, potencial, surrounding cast....a lot of variables

It will all depend on how the team finishes this season. If they go on a run and have a couple big wins, I can easily see him being awarded the honor, but that won't happen without winning.

As others have said, Stroud is in the driver seat right now based on his stats. However its only the halfway point in the season and those stats have a lot to do with the easy schedule they've had thus far. They have 4 big games left against good teams, with solid defenses. Like Martinez, it will depend on how the last half of the year plays out.

It will all depend on how the team finishes this season. If they go on a run and have a couple big wins, I can easily see him being awarded the honor, but that won't happen without winning.

As others have said, Stroud is in the driver seat right now based on his stats. However its only the halfway point in the season and those stats have a lot to do with the easy schedule they've had thus far. They have 4 big games left against good teams, with solid defenses. Like Martinez, it will depend on how the last half of the year plays out.
Ohio St's schedule gets dramatically more difficult the second half of the season. They have games against PSU, Mich St, Michigan, our Huskers, and if they get to the B10 championship then whoever that is. His numbers will go down. Martinez has already played well against 2 of those teams.

I've watched Stroud a few times this year and it's mind-boggling how accurate his passes are. It seems like his receivers never have to break stride - the ball is right there. Granted, he has the best receiving core in the country. Keep in mind, Stroud is only a freshman

I've also seen Martinez quite a few times over the years and have been impressed with him also. Can't go wrong with either one

• Haha
Reactions: BXY
Good heavens. Michigan has a stud at QB. He's not a runner but damn that man can pass the ball. He'll be an NFL QB IMO. Petras? Very doubtful.
You haven't been paying attention to Michigan this year if you don't realize how good that kid is. IF you go back and read some of my posts on the subject this off season I said, "Harbaugh finally has a QB this year". He was a highly ranked recruit for good reason and he's proven it on the field. He's got a big arm, is accurate and has made good decisions. We could only WISH that Martinez was as accurate and good and finding open receivers. He's a pure pro-style guy and teams like New England will give him a shot if his play continues the way it has this year. I believe he's the best QB Michigan has had since Harbaugh took the job as far as pro potential.

• Haha
Reactions: BXY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT