ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Thread

Purdue makes first final four in 44 years on Easter Sunday

First thing @TC4THREE does to celebrate is come here to do the laughing reaction to a dozen of my posts

Never change, dweeb purdue fans. Never change
You doing ok? A big team took down a SEC team to make the final four…Should we ask your mom to hide all the sharp object at your place?

Rafferty: "Once in awhile you need a cab to get him to the other end."
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

Nebraska will be next year’s NC State! Load up on grad transfers and get it done. Get the Bellevue west trio and it’s a big start.

Duke had a cakewalk into the FF and of course ****ed it up!

We have some Coach K loving poster here, I forget who it was but who cares. Duke is soooooooooooo lame

We have some Coach K loving poster here, I forget who it was but who cares. Duke is soooooooooooo lame
It seemed like if you were not in UConn or Purdue's bracket, you had a shot. Houston got taken to OT by A&M, who was better than their seeding but that was with Shead.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69

that's ^^^ a very odd, might i say, lame take.

Michael William Krzyzewski served as the head coach at Duke University from 1980 to 2022, during which he led the Blue Devils to five national titles, 13 Final Fours, 15 ACC tournament championships, and 13 ACC regular season titles.

Reactions: Crisker
DJ Burns was just whistled for his first foul vs purdue getting out of bed
That's another advantage to him not running down the court 25% of the time, you can't get called for a foul if no other player is within 50ft of you.

Or can you?

Reactions: king_kong_
That's another advantage to him not running down the court 25% of the time, you can't get called for a foul if no other player is within 50ft of you.

Or can you?
there's times when he could use a cab. lol. credit: raft

Or can you?
The vibration from Burns walking down the court will make Flopper Loyer fall down.

That guy is worse than Brad Davison. Yesterday Loyer got brushed by Tennessee's little point guard and he threw himself to the floor like Dick Van Dyke taking a dive over his living room ottoman.

Well... Edey gets fouled... and they are fouls every time
Tennessee did found Edey a lot. Mostly by trying to hold his arms back. He was just too big, nothing else Tennessee D could do.

I think Burns Jr can hold his own against Edey. The only problem is that he'll probably get too gassed having to play that hard all game.

Great. I should be able to get nine holes in afterwards
I don't blame you, I've never been that interested in sports that don't involve my rooting interests. I don't spend all my fall Saturdays watching college football, love Royals/Huskers baseball - not that interested in Dodgers/Giants etc. I need that tie in. I just happened to be stuck in a recliner all day yesterday with the flu so I watched basketball - and fell in love with DJ Burns. So now I've got a rooting interest.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Tennessee did found Edey a lot. Mostly by trying to hold his arms back. He was just too big, nothing else Tennessee D could do.

I think Burns Jr can hold his own against Edey. The only problem is that he'll probably get too gassed having to play that hard all game.
DJ couldn’t even play with Kalkbrenner last year. Clingan vs Eddy will be interesting.

Reactions: HuskerO
that's ^^^ a very odd, might i say, lame take.

Michael William Krzyzewski served as the head coach at Duke University from 1980 to 2022, during which he led the Blue Devils to five national titles, 13 Final Fours, 15 ACC tournament championships, and 13 ACC regular season titles.
Did that include the "Everyone has to kiss my ass for an entire season and give me gifts since I am retiring" line?

Did that include the "Everyone has to kiss my ass for an entire season and give me gifts since I am retiring" line?
i have no idea what you're referring to. it's common for great ones to do a final circuit run. i remember watching bob knight giving fred taylor a fishing pole at assembly hall. i think he gave him a rocking chair as well. knight kissed no one's ass.

P0043227

i have no idea what you're referring to. it's common for great ones to do a final circuit run. i remember watching bob knight giving fred taylor a fishing pole at assembly hall. i think he gave him a rocking chair as well. knight kissed no one's ass.

P0043227
I know you don't know what I am talking about.

Edey kind of reminds me of when you have a really tall kid at a small high school division. No one knows what to do so they just hang on him and hope for the best.
This is funny. I knew a kid and I forget the small HS he played basketball for but he was telling me that when they would play their rival who loved to get out and run that they would put new nets up, so the ball would take a little bit longer to slide through the net and they could get back on defense.

• Love
Reactions: huskerfan66
Edey kind of reminds me of when you have a really tall kid at a small high school division. No one knows what to do so they just hang on him and hope for the best.
Edey gets fouled a ton. He’s 7’4”, a bit awkward and the offense runs through him. I’m a conspiracy theorist <gasp> and see no conspiracy here. Hope to see a UConn v PU final

Edey gets fouled a ton. He’s 7’4”, a bit awkward and the offense runs through him. I’m a conspiracy theorist <gasp> and see no conspiracy here. Hope to see a UConn v PU final
Agree. There are a number of factors at play, one of them being a generation of bigs that want to play at the 3 point line and aren't used to physical, down low basketball. Much different blocking shots with some guard driving to he basket compared to establishing and maintaining position on a guy 3 or 4 inches taller and 60+ pounds heavier.

What I saw alot this tournament is 6'9 guys hanging on his arms trying to deny him the ball, knowing that if he got the ball it was an easy 2.

I don't get this "hanging on his arms" angle. Watch all of the fouls in the post above. There's maybe one of them that involved any grabbing of an arm. So, whether you agree or disagree that he got too many fouls in his favor, the hanging on the arms had little or nothing to do with it. Every possession involves post players fighting for position and the arms are always part of it. When you've got a guy with an 8 foot wingspan (yes, really) you HAVE to fight through his arms for position.

Reactions: leodisflowers
UConn may get its entire starting 5 drafted and has a coach that runs an offense only contained by a poor shooting effort. And theyre currently a top defense as well

They may have the most dominant run in quite a while. I don’t see any team staying within 15 points of them.

And I just cursed them

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT