ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Thread

If there's one player in the B1G I hate, it's Coleman Hawkins. Does anybody whine about calls more than that guy? He complains when he GETS the call.

Officials seemed to have no idea how to officiate a giant Illini team vs a small ass slappy ISU team.

Oh well...those super-hetro dudes that make the brackets put like the most top 16 Kenpom teams in the same bracket.

So now we get Illini vs Uconn in the E8.
UCONN looks to be unstoppable.but I agree UCONN for the overall 1 had the toughest bracket IMO.

last night's furture nba stars - arizona's caleb love and unc's r.j. davis - combined for 0-18 from three.

Reactions: Crisker
Could you imagine a Purdue vs Illinois final ? 🤣🤣
i have purdue in my final 4 - winning it all. illiniois is best equipped with speed, shooting and moxie to give uconn a run. houston is my fourth. looks like big east, sec, b10, b12 all represented in the finals because i don't believe illini get it done v. huskies. uofa blew my f4 bracket last night.

Last edited:
i have purdue in my final 4 - winning it all. illiniois is best equipped with speed, shooting and moxie to give uconn a run. houston is my fourth. looks like big east, sec, b10, b12 all represented in the finals because i don't believe illini get it done v. huskies. uofa blew my f4 bracket last night.
If the Illini win tomorrow they are winning it all.

But that is a tall task. The good news is that Uconn doesn't have anyone that guard Hawkins on the perimeter, the bad news is Uconn has 5 dudes that can all score.

Reactions: AVeritas
If the Illini win tomorrow they are winning it all.

But that is a tall task. The good news is that Uconn doesn't have anyone that guard Hawkins on the perimeter, the bad news is Uconn has 5 dudes that can all score.
While I think Uconn beats the Illini, I do think we’ll get a good game here. Uconn has played Stetson, NW and San Diego St so far, haven’t really had a decent test yet. We’ll see, it’s extremely hard to repeat in the big dance

While I think Uconn beats the Illini, I do think we’ll get a good game here. Uconn has played Stetson, NW and San Diego St so far, haven’t really had a decent test yet. We’ll see, it’s extremely hard to repeat in the big dance
Illini might have advantages at two spots. Shannon of course and maybe Hawkins because they don't have a big that can guard him on the perimeter.

In the end though, Uconn wins by 10+ to give the Illini their only double digit loss of the season.

Refs pretty much letting Edey lay over people and romp around at free will.

Purdue finally has some Guards that can take on the pressure and carry the scoring load. Gonzaga was full out that first half, and are down by 4.

First 5 to 6 minutes gonna be crucial in this one in the 2nd half. Does Gonzaga have enough gas left, and enough fouls left in the paint to keep Edey in check?

There's always time for that, but I'm really talking about a workout. Going to hit my treadmill and get a cardio in.
Remember when you first start? And like...all you want is for your parents to leave the freaking house so that you can treat your body like an amusement park???

Or was that just me?

Refs pretty much letting Edey lay over people and romp around at free will.

Purdue finally has some Guards that can take on the pressure and carry the scoring load. Gonzaga was full out that first half, and are down by 4.

First 5 to 6 minutes gonna be crucial in this one in the 2nd half. Does Gonzaga have enough gas left, and enough fouls left in the paint to keep Edey in check?
Apparently not. Purdue moves on . Hopefully they make the Final 4 because they would beat Creighton than if they win tonight: I have always liked Painter : He gave Fred and Nebraska all the credit when we beat them.Didn’t make one single excuse like most coaches do in that situation.

Reactions: bigboxes
Apparently not. Purdue moves on . Hopefully they make the Final 4 because they would beat Creighton than if they win tonight: I have always liked Painter : He gave Fred and Nebraska all the credit when we beat them.Didn’t make one single excuse like most coaches do in that situation.

Not many, if any, 'fast' teams left to be a pesky opponent for Purdue.

They got the best bracket of any #1 seed and are taking great advantage this time around.

Now I may have to jump off a 10 story building after wagering on Duke and Creighton. o_O

Creighton getting somewhat used to the speed of Tennessee, but Ziegler is still a pest.

Keep it to a possession by possession game into the 2nd half, and Creighton has to like their chances.

Duke/Houston game they'll be putting up peach baskets for the 2nd half.

Creighton getting somewhat used to the speed of Tennessee, but Ziegler is still a pest.

Keep it to a possession by possession game into the 2nd half, and Creighton has to like their chances.

Duke/Houston game they'll be putting up peach baskets for the 2nd half.

Ruh roh.

Tennessee ups the defensive pressure realizing the Jays have nobody that can beat them off the dribble.

Omaha's finest gonna need a lot more screening and the Aurora kid to score a lot.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
No shame in being one of the last 10 teams playing in late March. Better to lose like this than on a last second foul call. Creighton has to take a step back next few years unless they get some big time transfers. Bummer

Tennessee is a lot more physical.

Just a lot more athletic and quicker.

Knecht really isn't all that much of a factor as much as Creighton has to start their offense from the logo for 8 to 10 seconds each shot clock under pressure that they aren't dealing with well at all.

Looks like the Jays are done. Half-court offense has been awful all night, and they can’t get into a full- court offense when they can’t get stops and the Vols are killing them on the offensive boards.

Coach Mac - meet Jason Green. You know, from the end of the bench.

TfxXWB.gif

Jays making a game of it, anyway. Good move to switch things up defensively.
Vols without their starting PG and they win by any # they want to pick...

By Jays...and get ready for how lame you will be next year.

Easy money today was that weird dude from Tenn over 20 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT