ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of questions about Ireland...this is what I know

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
There have been a lot of rumors about the status of Nebraska's game in Ireland. As of 4 pm on Saturday, nothing has changed.

I just talked to a source within the football program, and in fact, Nebraska is set to go over in April for another site inspection visit for the game and they continue normal talks with game organizers as they prepare for the trip. Pat Fitzgerald was just over there as well a couple weeks ago for a media blast and tour in Dublin.

The rumor about Las Vegas has no truth. The source I talked to said during the Omicron surge when there was some unknowns about Covid still, somebody said "wouldn't it be cool if the game got moved to Vegas or something." That was the only time they heard "Vegas" talked about.

The reality is, Anthony Travel and Northwestern, along with organizers in Ireland control this. Northwestern gave up their home game and they get paid out like a normal home game, while Nebraska gets their expenses paid for. So if something ever did happen, it would be Northwestern or Anthony Travel's call. As of today, things remain business as usual, but as we know with anything, things can always change. I just wanted to put this out, as I spoke to a direct person that would be in the know on anything like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News