ADVERTISEMENT

Loss entirely on Armstrong

OC didn't do TA any favors, but he was...not good...again....when it mattered. Yes Langs is a dork as well.

When they took the game out of TA's hands (run the damn ball) NU did quite well.

Cant make a single play late in game
You couldn't be more wrong. the loss is SOLEY ON LANGDORF AND HIS PATHETIC PLAY CALLING. How can any coach be so F ing stupid and NOT run the ball against a soft D and try to though deep passes all day against a 40 mph wind.

Sh*t, had we just kept giving the ball to Ozigbo and Jano, we would have run out of the clock and at least, gone away with a W, albeit ugly.

As bad as Beck was, this is beyond any logic.

Reactions: GaRed
TA no better than he was the 1st two years. Mediocre qb at best. Coaching staff even worse than TA though

There was absolutely no reason to even let anyone think about throwing the ball on that 3rd down. You say, run the ball. That should have never even been in TA's mind. The call should have run. That's it. No questions asked and we move on. I don't care if TA is the next Steve Young. You run the ball there and that's it.

Laughing....joke post of the year so far

no the play is if it is wide open fine otherwise eat it ... on one play the it was a 3 yard pass the receiver was wide open and TA threw it 2 yards behind him
the second play TA decides to throw it in coverage rather than eat it

the coaches should have run the ball because you cant count on TA to make a correct decision in crunch time or execute it he actually does make a correct decision

No, Tommy had a horrible day, but this is NOT on Tommy Armstrong. You just don't call a stupid pass play on 3rd down when IL has no time outs. Incomplete and the clock stops.....wow. I never thought I would see this day an NU football.....but it's here. Wow.

No, Tommy had a horrible day, but this is NOT on Tommy Armstrong. You just don't call a stupid pass play on 3rd down when IL has no time outs. Incomplete and the clock stops.....wow. I never thought I would see this day an NU football.....but it's here. Wow.

according to the presser ... the play called was a running play and TA took it upon himself to wing it for an incompletion

Reactions: 94husker
according to the presser ... the play called was a running play and TA took it upon himself to wing it for an incompletion

You could go back and look at many of the calls in this game that just didn't make any sense. Long pass plays in the wind when you just need 6 or 7, running Janovich around the end, etc., etc. (and I am NOT taking any thing away from Janovich, I love the kid and we actually did use him correctly a few times). If TA did decide to throw that it was because nobody ever told him not under ANY circumstances throw the ball. Coaching.

Last edited:
no the play is if it is wide open fine otherwise eat it ... on one play the it was a 3 yard pass the receiver was wide open and TA threw it 2 yards behind him
the second play TA decides to throw it in coverage rather than eat it

the coaches should have run the ball because you cant count on TA to make a correct decision in crunch time or execute it he actually does make a correct decision

Why do you even care if it is wide open when if Armstrong just runs for a few more yards and falls down in-bounds the game is essentially over? This isn't that hard.

That goes down as one of the worst play calls in college football history. Seriously.

That's great but they should have never given him the chance to do that. If you are a QB and you are told to bootleg and you see a dude running open chances are you throw too. It should have been a hand off and that's it.

TA was terrible. Riley was terrible. Langsdorf was terrible. Riley gets the blame for the loss.

Just face the facts. Parity has set in. Neb doesn't have the talent or depth. To be stop 25 to top 35 team, yes. Top 15, not close. It's 15 years and counting for a little conf title. Recruits are not coming. Parity hurts Neb as much as any team in the country.

Mr all knowing RRT, how did Tommy do late 4th Qtr when all we needed was a simple first down

We lost because Riley can`t run the ball on third and fourth down instead of passing. If we run they have 13 seconds left not 50+. Sorry I dare to disagree with you didn`t know that wasn`t allowed here.

All i could say to my 16 year-old boy was "What the hell was that"?

Cant make a single play late in game
Lets forget the idiotic pass Tommie makes late. All game long he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, and SOMEBODY kept thinking he could complete forty yard passes all game long. I don't know the stat, but it seemed like he was about 1/12 on them plays, with a lucky catch from Cethan being the lone prayer answered. Why would they keep calling those?

Once the masses come to a consensus on who to blame, then what? Seems pointless, there are bigger problems to fix than one play or bad call.

You couldn't be more wrong. the loss is SOLEY ON LANGDORF AND HIS PATHETIC PLAY CALLING. How can any coach be so F ing stupid and NOT run the ball against a soft D and try to though deep passes all day against a 40 mph wind.

Sh*t, had we just kept giving the ball to Ozigbo and Jano, we would have run out of the clock and at least, gone away with a W, albeit ugly.

As bad as Beck was, this is beyond any logic.

I agree completely.. Very winnable game had we pounded the rock in the first half onward. Establish an identity for crissakes! It's completely dumbfounding.. Can we set a mandate to make running the ball a freaking job requirement already? Otherwise we will never get back to what Nebraska football should be about.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Yep, that's why I only lurk here. If you weren't drinking the Riley Kool-aid you were labeled a troll by the masters of the universe on this board.

Back to lurking now.

Ha! Seriously? Every time I and others "didn't agree" with the coaching hire I was called a troll by the regulars. How's it feel now?
Acting like a d-bag from the get-go doesn't make you smart; it just makes you a d-bag. It still feels like you are a d-bag, if you must know.

Coaching failure all the way. The season to date demonstrates a trend. Worst game management I have ever seen through 5 games. Too many low percentage pass plays at critical times when ball control is critical. Worst staff in the B1G other than Edsels crew. Very weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT