ADVERTISEMENT

Leavitt to ASU

Hmm - 2 for 1 discount not happening. Basically now McCord or bust?
We're already getting a 2 for 1 when you consider that we've got an Elite 11 freshman already coming in. Add two transfers and it's three QBs coming in at the same time. For most kids & their advisors, that is a less than ideal situation.

We're already getting a 2 for 1 when you consider that we've got an Elite 11 freshman already coming in. Add two transfers and it's three QBs coming in at the same time. For most kids & their advisors, that is a less than ideal situation.
And DK is an early enrollee. He will hopefully be competing for the top backup and HH will hopefully move into the Taysum Hill role.

I’d prefer another guy too besides McCord.. like a Pyne or a Nate Johnson type with upside and multiple years.
Frankly, I have seen enough of Purdy and HH to want to move on permanently.

I’d prefer another guy too besides McCord.. like a Pyne or a Nate Johnson type with upside and multiple years.
Frankly, I have seen enough of Purdy and HH to want to move on permanently.
Need 2 even with Kaelin and if Purdy stays IMO.

Why would anyone else transfer here if we get McCord or Howard? They are coming to start. We have backups (unless they leave) and Kaelin at mid-year. Can’t see how we’d be very attractive unless it’s a really young guy who has no expectations to play.

And DK is an early enrollee. He will hopefully be competing for the top backup and HH will hopefully move into the Taysum Hill role.
I like the idea of bringing in a transfer QB- they pretty much have to do it. But I also think it's too early to close the book on Chubba Purdy. So bringing in only one transfer leaves room for Purdy to stay if we can get him to stick around. And I think the incoming freshman is the QB of the future.

I like the idea of bringing in a transfer QB- they pretty much have to do it. But I also think it's too early to close the book on Chubba Purdy. So bringing in only one transfer leaves room for Purdy to stay if we can get him to stick around. And I think the incoming freshman is the QB of the future.
I just think Purdy gets his degree and moves on in the spring. Not that I want him to go, just my feeling.

I just think Purdy gets his degree and moves on in the spring. Not that I want him to go, just my feeling.
I agree. He could be pretty attractive to a team that needs a QB. He actually played pretty well considering what he was working with plus being injured and having gotten third team reps most of the season. I think a team will see his last name and project that he would play a lot better in their system. He just needs to eliminate that occasional "what the hell was that" play...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT