ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit Scoggins

About 4 years ago he did this same thing, just suddenly unhinged. Long vacay.
More recent, another vacay for similar, and he posted as his wife.

Third strike?
About two months ago, out of the blue, he accused me of being an Iowa fan. At first I thought he was kidding because I never had a beef with him, but I realized it was something else. He's on my ignore list.

😂 it was 2 years ago. She never reported anything and kept having the affair with a married man. Then after she gets caught it becomes an issue. I hope for her sake she has proof to back this up or the only reputation on the line is hers. There was zero excuse for a coach to engage in this behavior. Also zero excuse for her not to report what was happening if he was sending her messages and she was declining. WE NEED THE FACTS AND THE PROOF or this is a shit show of someone trying to save face and get paid. Nothing more.
Yup. I hope that if most of this is nonsense, the University has the sack to stick it out and go the limit.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm personally reading all this for the pictures. I was thinking a lady like that can't have just one.
Her pictures were out shortly after this surfaced at the time. Most responses were on the line of slut gonna slut etc type. Now we're possibly ending a head coaches career as well as AD and costing a university millions.

Good grief

Reactions: Laner2
Meh… I’ve been around here for almost 20 years now. Shit’s like a fart in the wind to me, but I am sorta seriously concerned for that dude. Hope he’s ok…
I have been Nebraska message boarding since 2004 or so.
Had an account on both here and Scout from then.
I have seen lots too, and I agree with you.

We have the guy that makes dozens of new accts each week to troll as well. That is another cry for help that we cannot answer here, so we mock him. I do, is it wrong?

What a strange almagation of characters an anomyous internet platform is.

No wonder that guy from Minnesota made an account, and interacted until his Sociology paper was finished. That was funny in my mind, and I bet he got more data than he was expecting!

Reactions: Laner2 and V-Doub
Yup. I hope that if most of this is nonsense, the University has the sack to stick it out and go the limit.
Maybe pearlman can redeem himself or better yet university gets the absolute best defense lawyer out there

I have been Nebraska message boarding since 2004 or so.
Had an account on both here and Scout from then.
I have seen lots too, and I agree with you.

We have the guy that makes dozens of new accts each week to troll as well. That is another cry for help that we cannot answer here, so we mock him. I do, is it wrong?

What a strange almagation of characters an anomyous internet platform is.

No wonder that guy from Minnesota made an account, and interacted until his Sociology paper was finished. That was funny in my mind, and I bet he got more data than he was expecting!

It’s not wrong. NFM

Her pictures were out shortly after this surfaced at the time. Most responses were on the line of slut gonna slut etc type. Now we're possibly ending a head coaches career as well as AD and costing a university millions.

Good grief
We're ????

According to responses on here a lot of "Williams and Trev are toast " from what I have read from responses.

I'm not ready to go there
Those people are jumping the gun. They are probably UNO wrestling fans still out to get Trev 😂

So I was called a pedophile Sunday night as well, during the rousing exchange about a fan creating a fake story about two OU players busted for cocaine. Is this the new accusation on folks when nothing is left?
QAnonsters started the trend of calling anyone they didn't like or disagreed with a 'pedo'. Now it gets thrown around all over the place.

Ok. We still need all of the facts. Nothing changes that. If you were accused of something I’m sure you’d want all of the facts to be presented. It doesn’t change no matter who it is. And as you stated. It’s an accusation. That’s all it is until facts are presented and we know who is guilty of what.
That’s what I was saying and the moron of the day says that makes me a Karen and here you are trying to do the same?

According to responses on here a lot of "Williams and Trev are toast " from what I have read from responses.

The only way Trev goes anywhere is if there is proof he knew and said f**k it I don’t care. If Amy let the team harass her for it and bully her like she said happened, Amy is gone. If Amy didn’t do that and she reported it to the legal department then she won’t go anywhere either. I would love for the messages to come out. Without those it’s just her trying to save face for people calling her a slut and other names after it all came out publicly.

QAnonsters started the trend of calling anyone they didn't like or disagreed with a 'pedo'. Now it gets thrown around all over the place.
I did not know that.
Not sure whether to feel thankful, or ignorant.

Seems like the mods do not have much love for the word as an insult.

Nor should anyone.

So, just curious, was Ms. Scoggin was an adult when the relationship began? If so, does she not share responsibility and/or culpability for allowing a relationship to materialize? Based on the language in the lawsuit, she was aware of Mr. Love being married. As such, she had the ability to distinguish whether or not the relationship was morally acceptable; for which it was not. Since she is a college athlete, she demonstrated a certain level of intelligence, thus she possesses the ability to understand right and wrong and know her involvement with Mr. Love was not appropriate.

Therefore she shared responsibility for the relationship. She admitted in so many words in the suit v. Love that it was a mutual relationship. She acted of her own free will.

About two months ago, out of the blue, he accused me of being an Iowa fan. At first I thought he was kidding because I never had a beef with him, but I realized it was something else. He's on my ignore list.
Probably safe to take him off now 😂

So, just curious, was Ms. Scoggin was an adult when the relationship began? If so, does she not share responsibility and/or culpability for allowing a relationship to materialize? Based on the language in the lawsuit, she was aware of Mr. Love being married. As such, she had the ability to distinguish whether or not the relationship was morally acceptable; for which it was not. Since she is a college athlete, she demonstrated a certain level of intelligence, thus she possesses the ability to understand right and wrong and know her involvement with Mr. Love was not appropriate.

Therefore she shared responsibility for the relationship. She admitted in so many words in the suit v. Love that it was a mutual relationship. She acted of her own free will.
No one is getting criminally prosecuted for the relationship. The fact she was an adult is next to irrelevant. This lawsuit is about the obvious power dynamic that a coach can exert over an athlete on their team. Same as a boss/assistant, etc. It's why every company and institution in the country has written policy ordering superiors to keep their dicks in their pants. You may not like it, but it doesn't change the fact that this area of civil law has been well established for decades. Whether Love was in the wrong won't be in dispute, only what the the university knew, when they knew it and what they did about it.

No one is getting criminally prosecuted for the relationship. The fact she was an adult is next to irrelevant. This lawsuit is about the obvious power dynamic that a coach can exert over an athlete on their team. Same as a boss/assistant, etc. It's why every company and institution in the country has written policy ordering superiors to keep their dicks in their pants. You may not like it, but it doesn't change the fact that this area of civil law has been well established for decades. Whether Love was in the wrong won't be in dispute, only what the the university knew, when they knew it and what they did about it.
The relationship is the basis of the suit. It is the foundation from which the charachter will be attacked.

My layman's thoughts but in today's wokeness.....who knows. Would like to be on the jury

My layman's thoughts but in today's wokeness.....who knows. Would like to be on the jury
A lot mud slinging in this one. Nebraska will request dismissal, judge will deny, RFIs will occur and both sides will feel heat. Nebraska has the deeper pockets so they can drag it out and make them sweat. It will eventually settle and all sides will walk away along with an NDA.

The relationship is the basis of the suit. It is the foundation from which the charachter will be attacked.
You've been watching too much TV. Do you think the University will defend itself by arguing she was an adult and it was a consensual relationship? Sorry, no. They will be defending themselves from liability by showing that the people who knew reported it immediately and that they took action to protect her from further harm by following their policies. God help them if they didn't follow those policies. They're not going to attack her character, and their insurance company wouldn't let them even if they wanted to.

You've been watching too much TV. Do you think the University will defend itself by arguing she was an adult and it was a consensual relationship? Sorry, no. They will be defending themselves from liability by showing that the people who knew reported it immediately and that they took action to protect her from further harm by following their policies. God help them if they didn't follow those policies. They're not going to attack her character, and their insurance company wouldn't let them even if they wanted to.
I bet you could hit a curve ball too!

Reactions: mgbreis
Good post. A suggestion: leave the opinions out of the description of both points

Regarding the AD and HC:

1. This coach had been with the head coach for 10 years.

2. The coach was suspended with pay while the player was immediately removed altogether

These offenses statistically arent one offs. The head coach is thus more likely to have had complaints before this.

I am not sure what immediate removal from a women’s bball team means from a scholarship/benefits standpoint
1. Irrelevant - what does time have to do with anything?
2. The coach is under a contract and is "generally" obligated to be paid while suspended pending further actions if any. I have had to suspend someone with pay pending an investigation and it is not fun.

Then you go right into more speculation of the "one offs" and the "more likely" complaints.

What ever happened to facts?

So Kong, weren't you the person crying for actual evidence and facts in the Michigan spy gate scandal? Where is that standard now. I am not saying none of this is true but for now, all we have are allegations. It does look like a reach when the allegations state that Williams "should have known." That is a pretty tough one to prove.

Yeah, I doubt Williams is going anywhere as long as Britt Prince is still committed to play here. I'm guessing the AD will just cut a check and move on.

All she has to say is "I felt pressured to become involved or would jeopardize my place on the team/scholarship. As a university representative his actions travel upward.

Ok. We still need all of the facts. Nothing changes that. If you were accused of something I’m sure you’d want all of the facts to be presented. It doesn’t change no matter who it is. And as you stated. It’s an accusation. That’s all it is until facts are presented and we know who is guilty of what.
Of course.

What I’m saying has nothing to do with a verdict. Guilty, innocent, who in the public cares?

I’m saying the verdict is meaningless & the damage has already been done.

1. Irrelevant - what does time have to do with anything?
2. The coach is under a contract and is "generally" obligated to be paid while suspended pending further actions if any. I have had to suspend someone with pay pending an investigation and it is not fun.

Then you go right into more speculation of the "one offs" and the "more likely" complaints.

What ever happened to facts?

So Kong, weren't you the person crying for actual evidence and facts in the Michigan spy gate scandal? Where is that standard now. I am not saying none of this is true but for now, all we have are allegations. It does look like a reach when the allegations state that Williams "should have known." That is a pretty tough one to prove.
I do not care about the verdict

The public opinion gavel has fallen and the damage to the rep of the program/U is done

Just like you will take every chance you get to call Michigan cheaters, some will undoubtedly refer to NU through the lens of these allegations, evidence be damned

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT