ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton transferring, Glenn Irons no longer on team

CIYPbBwUkAAX9lz.jpg

Yes, good luck to both. It is tough becoming a QB for a good D1 program, seen it many times before.

No surprise on Stanton. Hope he finds a place that works for him.

Didn't expect to lose Irons, but had to be a little weird for him to see Pierson-El's success last year. Pierson-El and Irons fill pretty much exactly the same role on the team and hard to see Glenn overtaking Demornay after he went out and became a freshman all-american. Only have a place on the field for just so many 5'9" (maybe in shoes) wide receivers.

A little surprised about Irons. Thought maybe at least one of the Edna-Karr trio would stick around more than a year. However, the way Riley's statement was worded makes me wonder whether he's leaving by choice or not.

For Stanton, the writing was on the wall. Probably best for all involved. I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up.

Stanton was told he wouldnt be on the 105 in the fall...wow...gonna play at Saddleback College

Good luck to Johnny- seems like a great kid. Don't know anything about Mr. Irons but good luck to him as well.

One of the local reports stated that. Cannot remember who, but I read that as well. Might have been Brian with the LJS.
Thanks. I only follow Rosenthal from the Lincoln paper on Twitter.

Something about Irons feels like he got "uninvited" doesn't it? I don't have any info on this, but with no transfer announcement and the way it's worded, I suspect he got kicked off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT