ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Klatt post spring top 25

Start off 7-0 and NU will be in that playoff bracket when it is released for the first time.

Reactions: jteten
klatt's #3 texas and #17 oklahoma to the sec will be more compelling than the p12 four to the b10, don't y'all agree?

i'm thinking texas does well over there but ou struggles in transition and maybe not for a short time. texas has loads of talent, a mature quarterback, and sark who knows that league. while ou hasn't done shat since bobby hung it up.

in the b10, ucla sucks and uw lost their coach and a lot of talent. joel ranks neither. #15 usc brings their razzle-dazzle offense but can the former bison coach fix that defensive sieve? #4 oregon may bring it. we'll have to see.

i'm curious what former ku coordinator, andy kotelnicki, brings to #9 happy valley. his j'hawk offense was like chasing jackrabbits across a pasture. penn state with an actual o maybe a sleeper, idk?

klatt's #3 texas and #17 oklahoma to the sec will be more compelling than the p12 four to the b10, don't y'all agree?

i'm thinking texas does well over there but ou struggles in transition and maybe not for a short time. texas has loads of talent, a mature quarterback, and sark who knows that league. while ou hasn't done shat since bobby hung it up.

in the b10, ucla sucks and uw lost their coach and a lot of talent. joel ranks neither. #15 usc brings their razzle-dazzle offense but can the former bison coach fix that defensive sieve? #4 oregon may bring it. we'll have to see.

i'm curious what former ku coordinator, andy kotelnicki, brings to #9 happy valley. his j'hawk offense was like chasing jackrabbits across a pasture. penn state with an actual o maybe a sleeper, idk?
You’re comparing 2 to 4..

Just compare texass/OU against Oregon/ USC and leave it that..
What does UCLA and UDUB have to do with it?

Entz is the LB coach, not DC.

i believe Texas is going to take a pretty big step back this year with losing the middle of their defense and their best skill players. losing Jeff Choate could also prove to be huge, i can envision them being much softer this season.

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
whys that? other than his miss on Frost, I find hm to be the most insightful of the msm guys
I find him to be a haughty blowhard who can't help but let his CU-bred biases bleed into everything he does.

I find him to be a haughty blowhard who can't help but let his CU-bred biases bleed into everything he does.
Fair enough, I think he does a really good job at being objective. He's not even ranking Colorado on this list.

I'll always respect him because leading up to the 2001 National Championship, he was one of the only players who was pulling for Nebraska

Reactions: Catch50
Fair enough, I think he does a really good job at being objective. He's not even ranking Colorado on this list.

I'll always respect him because leading up to the 2001 National Championship, he was one of the only players who was pulling for Nebraska
d5mon8.gif

pulling for

No, I believe him when he speaks well of Nebraska, which he does often.

Klatt is a true fan of the college football game
I don't

pure pandering

nobody laughs harder when we fail than klatt and his loser Buff cronies

he posts this bullshit every single year and the cletii gobble it up without considering the source for a millisecond

I don't

pure pandering

nobody laughs harder when we fail than klatt and his loser Buff cronies

he posts this bullshit every single year and the cletii gobble it up without considering the source for a millisecond
Maybe in private? He's always well-read on the roster and fair during games. He got a little goofy about Colorado after they played USC last year

I give him credit for correctly pointing out that the ACC were total frauds and the Pac 12 was the strongest conference last year

Reactions: leodisflowers
Iowa fans throwing a fit on other social media about being behind Nebraska. I’d laugh that the first thing out of their mouths is comparison to Nebraska but that is how this thread started out, with a comparison to Iowa. I ask who cares what Iowa doing.

They’re a hard hitting well coached team but seem to lose an early game and lose their qb in final month of season. Can’t seem to pull it together
the utes start out b12 play at stillwater. that will be eye opener. here's klatt's picks last season for reality comparative.

He has 5 SEC teams and 4 Big 10 in the top 10. Have to think they will not all be ranked that high once conference play starts.

What he said about Nebraska was that last year they had a top 20 defense, won 5 games and lost 4 by 3 points. In those loses they had a bunch of TO's, mostly by QBs. If DR can improve the QB play, this could be an 8-9 win team. Maybe even better than #22.

Last edited:
3 seasons of 10+ wins in the past 5 years, multiple wins against top 10 teams in that span.

They're a well-coached, consistent team. They are exactly what Iowa thinks they are.
Clarkeyes think they are except you forgot Utah played in back to back New Years6 bowls (Rose Bowl) Clarkeyes not so much.

i believe Texas is going to take a pretty big step back this year with losing the middle of their defense and their best skill players. losing Jeff Choate could also prove to be huge, i can envision them being much softer this season.
Hate to admit, but Texas is back to reloading. And with quality not quantity to help numbers like cough cough. Can’t stand t them but coach Sark is a recruiting machine and keeping them boys home.

Hate to admit, but Texas is back to reloading. And with quality not quantity to help numbers like cough cough. Can’t stand t them but coach Sark is a recruiting machine and keeping them boys home.
could be true. i'll have to see it to believe it, though.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
There're good but teams usually struggle when they change conferences. They have a pretty favorable conference schedule: they host UGA and don't play Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Missou or Tennessee in the regular season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT