ADVERTISEMENT

J. Bubak - Really No Suprise Here

You would probably care more about wrestling if you didn't suck so bad at it. We care. Winning 23 national championships since 1975 will do that. Winning the most consecutive national championships in the history of college sport makes you care a little more too. Winning the conference title 33 times makes you appreciate what your athletes do. Never mind, I'm sure you guys can't relate. Sorry
So what you're saying is you missed the point.

You would probably care more about wrestling if you didn't suck so bad at it. We care. Winning 23 national championships since 1975 will do that. Winning the most consecutive national championships in the history of college sport makes you care a little more too. Winning the conference title 33 times makes you appreciate what your athletes do. Never mind, I'm sure you guys can't relate. Sorry
Ya that's real cool... I could post similar numbers about our bowling team... But unlike you, I'm smart enough to know that you don't give a rat's ass.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

Neb dominates women's bowling -- 5 national championships and 2 runner ups in the 12 years of its existence

we aren't on other teams message boards playing the womens bowling card because much like wrestling -- no one gives a damn

Ya that's real cool... I could post similar numbers about our bowling team... But unlike you, I'm smart enough to know that you don't give a rat's ass.

damn you --- you beat me to it

Well there you go, women's bowling, something that you can be proud of. I'm very impressed. Congrats.
In the future, if you don't want to discuss Iowa wrestling, then it's probably best to not bring it up. I simply responded. I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk about it.
Also, when trying to insult the quality of education at another school, it's always a good idea to have a firm grasp of the English language. Again, I simply responded to the irony of the post. Good talk fellas.

Well there you go, women's bowling, something that you can be proud of. I'm very impressed. Congrats.
In the future, if you don't want to discuss Iowa wrestling, then it's probably best to not bring it up. I simply responded. I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk about it.
Also, when trying to insult the quality of education at another school, it's always a good idea to have a firm grasp of the English language. Again, I simply responded to the irony of the post. Good talk fellas.

Cheese and rice man, this has nothing to do with wresting, or women's bowling; you can't figure that much out and you try to insult our intelligence? You're too damn dumb to even try to explain it any further. Good luck to you and all of you really well-educated people in rassling country.

Stick to collegiate wrestling. The rest of the world couldn't give a sh*t

HAHAHA, this man comes over here talking wrestling smack?

I guess I would be talking wrestling smack too if my football team hasn't sniffed the top 25 poll in 5 years, or if my football team is 10-11 at home the past three seasons, or if my football team had a losing record to Iowa State (Lol) the past five seasons.

To each their own boys, I'm sure he's a fine guy.

Congrats on 40 years of excellence in groping dudes.

I feel a bit bad for you because I don't think Gofightderp is an Iowa fan and he got us all riled up talking crap about Iowa before you dropped in

He was obviously going to refer to an Iowa degree. He switched a few words around, we are not all the best at typing while making a point. You knew this, but took your shot. I think your wrestling team is great, and have been a fan.
What did I hear the other day; Iowa has sold about 40,000 of 75,000 season tickets? And this with great effort. So we get weak trolling here; but no courage in buying out an over exuberant contract written years ago? Your head coach is a quality guy, but I fear the big pay and large buyout cost him his edge. The buyout is down and Iowa will make a coaching move; if the team record doesn't improve. How do you recruit to poor crowds? Choices are getting easier - a good Iowa team we beat is an advantage; they often play with courage and upset teams we may want beat. GBR

The anti-Riley crowd should be happy. These are the kinds of recruits that they claimed he was going to consistently sign (just going off rankings). I hope the kid has a great career wherever he chooses to go.
Is there really an "Anti-Riley" crowd?

Is there really an "Anti-Riley" crowd?
Actually, I would say yes. Not against him as a person but plenty who still don't think he will be a good coach.

People who bring up his overall record and home losses to eastern Washington and stuff like that. People who don't see Nebraska as different when it comes to resources and tradition and stuff like that.

So yeah, I would say there are still anti-Riley people around...

Actually, I would say yes. Not against him as a person but plenty who still don't think he will be a good coach.

People who bring up his overall record and home losses to eastern Washington and stuff like that. People who don't see Nebraska as different when it comes to resources and tradition and stuff like that.

So yeah, I would say there are still anti-Riley people around...
I guess I wouldn't call that "anti-Riley"...yet. Pointing out those as concerns, I think are valid. I think he's a good coach and will do well here.

I don't think that Bubak felt comfortable with Riley's system. TE's in his system put their hand in the dirt and block inside as well as be a part of the play action passing game. Bubak feels he is more of a flex type of TE that can be split out as part of a spread type system.

He's not though.

I guess I wouldn't call that "anti-Riley"...yet. Pointing out those as concerns, I think are valid. I think he's a good coach and will do well here.
For the most part, I can see your point. However, there are some who seem to lean more towards "this is what we will get" as opposed to "this is a concern of mine".

It seems as if more and more people are coming around, but before recruiting really picked up, this voice was much louder.

There are hundreds or thousands of pretty girls at every major university in the United States, the difference between the best school in this regard and an average school is pretty marginal. If you're on the football team at one of these schools there are going to be a lot beautiful young women interested in engaging in the conjugal act with you. I don't buy the "he's going to ASU for the girls thing." I think it probably just wasn't a great fit. The only reason this could be construed as a bummer is that he was from Licoln, good luck to him with the Sun Devils.

To put it in terms that anyone on this board should be able to understand.....the quality of talent at ASU in the coed department vs. probably 90% of Universities across the country is on par with the talent from a recruiting hotbed like TX/CA/FL in terms of quality and depth, vs. all other States on the map. Tempe is a goldmine, elite level talent pool, the likes of which are nearly unparalleled, so there really is no comparable institution, unless you are throwing Ole Miss in there. Not that that should be a deciding factor for a football scholarship, but the dime-a-dozen brush off doesn't ring true to everyone.

As to the second part of the equation, it's easy to see why someone that doesn't consider themselves a "blocking TE" solely, would be excited to hear from literally anyone willing to say they'll throw the football in their general direction. Now, whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen, but I can see how, combined with a recruiting trip to campus, that could turn a head or two.

We can have all the big wide receivers we need; I believe even much faster, than what should be dual purpose TE. It has to seem challenging; he hasn't played vs a high talent level, thus imo his desire to evade the inside duties ( not the N way? ). Cool if he excels elsewhere; he may not like the level of recruits he sees HCMR bringing in.

I wish we had him, but I'm stoked for the kid. I'm born and raised in Lincoln, but moved away at 26, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I wouldn't take that back for anything. I'll tell you this, that first winter you experience where it doesn't snow or even get that cold is pretty sweet. Cool

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT