ADVERTISEMENT

iowa's running game

Talking football about our game on Black Friday is seeking approval? You couldn't have failed more. Laughing
No, you posted about it being a big game, if you believed your team was the real deal, playing a 5-6 team would not be that. Act like you've been there, there's a difference between talking football, and trying to convince everyone how good you are.

No, you posted about it being a big game, if you believed your team was the real deal, playing a 5-6 team would not be that. Act like you've been there, there's a difference between talking football, and trying to convince everyone how good you are.

Lol, you are really trying to hard. They are all big games when you are 11-0. Smokin

Reactions: ichawk24
Iowa hasn't exactly played anyone worth a dam this year so far, so i'd hope they'd looked good this far. Iowa, just like MSU found out, we are not some push over team, now that we have everyone back from injury, we are playing good football and i bet my house Iowas RBs will not tear us up, there scrambling QB may do a number but i bet hes the only one.

Just like i tryed to tell you guys all week before the MSU game, wed show up big and play good football. Iowa's another top 10 team and they will get our best, which spells trouble for Iowa because we are a team if everyones healthy that could easily have only lost one game all year. WE WILL BEAT IOWA Friday, the ONLY way we don't is if Tommy is off in his throws.

Well Hawkeye, at this moment i got to give you that, with the way our Huskers luck has been this year, we'd lose Tommy and Westercamp. If that happens, we will lose by 10 at the least. I was NOT impressed with our back up at all, one of the biggest reason we lost to Purdue, along with our defense not showing up for the game as well.

Well Hawkeye, at this moment i got to give you that, with the way our Huskers luck has been this year, we'd lose Tommy and Westercamp. If that happens, we will lose by 10 at the least. I was NOT impressed with our back up at all, one of the biggest reason we lost to Purdue, along with our defense not showing up for the game as well.

10 points? If you don't have either of those two playing Iowa will treat you like boy scouts on a sleep over at Jerry Sandusky's house.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Our offense would defently struggle A LOT but our defense will still play great, so i was giving that part credit, with both guys out it could get pretty ugly i agree, but i do think Iowa's offense will struggle against our defense Friday. But im guessing now, we will have both players for the Iowa game, after that we will have to see. If i had to pick between the 2 to lose one, i think id rather have Jordan Westercamp.

There is no way that linebacker would have made the tackle regardless of where the guys hands were. Go watch it full speed from the ez shot.

He attacked the opposite shoulder of the fullback so he was on the other side of the blocker. He would have had to have gone through the blocker to make the tackle which wouldn't have happened.

Someone posted the video on the Iowa board of that play. You can't tell with the picture, but that defender ran directly into the FB and basically knocked him down, when the player was grabbing onto him like that, he was falling down.
The reasons it was a no call is because of that, and the defender completely overran the play, he had no chance in catching the Iowa RB.
That being said, the B1G, has a chance to send two undefeated teams to the B1G, with the winner guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.........

Reactions: icu81222
We could learn a thing or two from there power running game. Could cause us problems.
Stat wise their run game is not much better than NW run game. We game up 156yrd to them,(with a destroyed D line) plus Iowa has no passing game. NW has a much better passing game and we kept that very close.
With our D line getting healthy, I think we make it very tough for them to run. I don't think we will struggle as bad as many think we will. We will be the toughest run D they have faced all year. Unfortunately they have a pretty good run pass d. So if we can't get any offense going and if Tommy has is normal 1-3 mental break downs a game, they could squeak out a win. If Tommy plays solid, I see us winning this by 10-14.

Stat wise their run game is not much better than NW run game. We game up 156yrd to them,(with a destroyed D line) plus Iowa has no passing game. NW has a much better passing game and we kept that very close.
With our D line getting healthy, I think we make it very tough for them to run. I don't think we will struggle as bad as many think we will. We will be the toughest run D they have faced all year.

National yards per carry rank:
Iowa 4.82 37th
NW 4.28 75th

National yards per attempt rank:
Iowa 7.7 42nd
NW 5.4 124th (3rd worst in the country)

National yards per carry allowed rank:
Wisky 3.24 13th
Neb 3.61 24th

Nebraska does have a good run defense and that will be a challenge.

And yet Iowa has 100 more attempts. I'm sure that's partly due to the fact that they've not had to play from behind as often as NU, but it's also because they didn't spend 3/4 of the season acting as if running the ball is an annoyance.
Iowa has only been trailing in the second half for just over 4 minutes total.....I think that is #1 or #2 in the nation....so essentially Iowa has been leading and maintained that lead in almost every game this year (I believe they trailed Wisconsin for 4 minutes and that is it)

Iowa has only been trailing in the second half for just over 4 minutes total.....I think that is #1 or #2 in the nation....so essentially Iowa has been leading and maintained that lead in almost every game this year (I believe they trailed Wisconsin for 4 minutes and that is it)

That stat is insane, but I think we trailed to Iowa St for like 3 mins of something in the 2nd half.

With our D line getting healthy, I think we make it very tough for them to run. I don't think we will struggle as bad as many think we will. We will be the toughest run D they have faced all year. Unfortunately they have a pretty good run pass d. So if we can't get any offense going and if Tommy has is normal 1-3 mental break downs a game, they could squeak out a win. If Tommy plays solid, I see us winning this by 10-14.
Wow.

That stat is insane, but I think we trailed to Iowa St for like 3 mins of something in the 2nd half.

This post is funny, I think the biggest question is not whether Tommy plays solid, but if Tommy is allowed to play at all.....I better stop at that because as we all know if posters are not pro Nebby they are booted for having an "agenda"

Ok put it this way. You honestly think Iowa is a better team than Mich St?
Do you honestly think Nebraska is better than Michigan State? We both have played Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, and Minnisota...Nebby is 1-3 against those teams, Iowa 4-0....if we beat PURDUE we will be 5-0 against common opponents and Nebby is 1-4...could Nebby pull off an upset on black friday, absolutely they can. It is at Lincoln with 2 full weeks of prep while Iowa has a short week of prep, so both of those factors are very beneficial for Nebby. If we lose that is not an excuse for losing by all means, but I think anybody could admit that those 2 factors are major benefits that favor Nebby

Sand meet vagina.

What would I have sand in my vagina for? I could see you saying that if Iowa / Nebraska games was over already and Iowa won. I a just saying they were discussing holding and here ya have a picture proving the holding.

And yes every team holds. Never said they didnt.

12243411_935198389867492_5733145431695922719_n.jpg

We will see today if the weather comes into play, if anything it will prepare the Hawks for anything Mother Nature throws at them next Friday in Lincoln.

This post is funny, I think the biggest question is not whether Tommy plays solid, but if Tommy is allowed to play at all.....I better stop at that because as we all know if posters are not pro Nebby they are booted for having an "agenda"

It`s not an agenda it is just childish crap that gets guys from your site sent packing. Act like a grown up and you will have no problems.

Canzeri is a senior so he's gone after this year. Daniels is a junior and will likely be the featured back next season. Wadley is just a soph and still has two years left after this year.

Total Power 5 offers among those three guys (outside of the ones from Iowa) is one (Daniels had a Boston College offer, I think).

I am pretty sure Wadley had the BC offer. Canzeri was originally going to Temple I think, he didn't get an offer until late from Iowa and it seemed like another Big East school like Syracuse at the last moment. Don't know about Daniels but he mostly had MAC offers I think.

Throw a hold flag on them once and they will be toast ... you would think the Herks could cover last nite vs a 1-5 conference team when they were allowed to hold on every play( they should all #52 Grabby, that kid is a stiff at tackle and their last TD was a complete joke , Minny guy got tackled and no call ... but they got Minny on their long run when it was a perfect block ) but they couldn't again.
Herks are an average team that has beaten bad teams and hung on vs other average teams.
If Husker qb throws it to the team in red , you win and probably big. Iowa's D is a sieve, soft.

What was the spread when you guys played Purdue? A kNebraska fan complaining about the officials after the MSU gift? Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT