ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa still sucks!!

I misremembered the name of the lake and checked with my brother in law. They actually are on Irene as well. We just went ice fishing there the first week of February. Stopped at Miltona Meats and loaded up my cooler with brats. Fun place, and we will be headed back in late July.
we know him then because our family has been there since the 60s. my wife is on the lake association board. tell him she is lipa treasurer. he'll know then. the association is noteworthy for its efforts to control curly-leaf pondweed. one of the few in minnesota to have a five-year plan with the mn dnr to eradicate the species. invasive weed control is a real issue for the state.

Last edited:
I mean more than 12.

The reason we don't schedule fb is pretty obvious. Neither team wants it. NU doesn't because ksu is a tweener. Too good to be a low fbs or fcs that we wouldn't have to do a home and home series with and not good enough to be considered marquis to forfeit a home and away for recruiting purposes. For NU it comes down to $ and recruiting.

For Kstate, they wouldn't want to play away and away for money reasons. Home and home would make sense. Not sure what the big 12 is doing going forward, but I think they've been playing 9 conference games + 3. Ksu has been playing Missouri recently which is a good regional match up and interest in kc and st Louis areas but not sure how much national interest that generates for recruiting.

That might be something that warrants looking at down the road now that we will be playing nationwide on an annual basis.

2033 would be the earliest it could happen unless k-state would be willing to play a one year game in Lincoln or 2 year in Lincoln which I don't know how attractive that would be to Kstate.

NU schedules 7 home games per year and that's pretty much set through 2032.
i was surprised missouri signed for a couple games. it's all about recruiting, not money. games are sold out regardless the opponent.

the next couple of years k-state plays arizona as an ooc opponent. that could just as well have been nebraska. would have been far more entertaining than utep and/or uni in lincoln.

i was surprised missouri signed for a couple games. it's all about recruiting, not money. games are sold out regardless the opponent.

the next couple of years k-state plays arizona as an ooc opponent. that could just as well have been nebraska. would have been far more entertaining than utep and/or uni in lincoln.
We've got AZ coming up too and return of the OU series.

$is involved absolutely. We need 7 home games. Only way NU/kstate would play under current system would be a home and away meaning both games in Lincoln. Right NOW, it wouldn't be considered a marquis game. Those are reserved for areas that recruiting would help us since it would be a home and home series.

Down the road that could change since we'll be going to both coasts each year. Depends on playoff series and what happens in future realignment.

Same could be said for iowa st. Just doesn't make sense to do it although geographically it does and would be fun. But just not gonna happen RIGHT NOW.

Personally I think we're going to focus on trying to schedule tx schools or somewhere where it's a recruiting hotbed that we need exposure in

Once Big12 is relegated to the new Division 1A we can work out a two year contract to come to Lincoln to help warm us up for conference play.

k-state will be in the cfp before N. likely this year.
Enjoy it while you can …
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

k-state is favored to win the b12 this year. if they do, they're in the cfp. N?
Quite the gauntlet next year. Amazed the TV contracts are garbage with all those marquee matchups. Johnson will follow the money his Junior year and Klieman will too once the new era of college football is upon us.

Quite the gauntlet next year. Amazed the TV contracts are garbage with all those marquee matchups. Johnson will follow the money his Junior year and Klieman will too once the new era of college football is upon us.
klieman will leave like he did to nebraska, michigan state, and so on. that line is good smack but it has been proven wanting so many times already. try something new.

klieman will leave like he did to nebraska, michigan state, and so on. that line is good smack but it has been proven wanting so many times already. try something new.
There will be a point in the next few years where conferences outside the B1G and SEC are outside looking in and the pay disparity and resources between the outsiders is too great for a college coach to be a lifer in a 2nd tier conference. Assuming of course they are good coach, which I think Klieman is.

There will be a point in the next few years where conferences outside the B1G and SEC are outside looking in and the pay disparity and resources between the outsiders is too great for a college coach to be a lifer in a 2nd tier conference. Assuming of course they are good coach, which I think Klieman is.
this is clearly a threat down the road. we'll have to see how this alignment junk settles out, i suppose. it didn't take oregon state's coach long to find a new home once the bevs were relegated to tier two.

Probably more fun on this board. Averitus does bring some insight. He does sound a lot like a brother in law of mine, power towel guy too.

Everything bad about college football according to my brother in law is the fault of AP voters and the big ten. The big ten protecting the rose bowl cost kstate a national championship. I listen. I don't say much because he's never wrong until I have had enough and remind him of the many 11-1 votes over the years in an attempt to destroy NU. Funny he has never heard of any of that 🤔

everything is teetering today, isn't it. old rivals are upset when the other pipes up, even a brother-in-law.

i believe the sec and b10 prosper under their super league scenario that dispenses of lowly state-labeled land grants in iowa, kansas, oklahoma, and so on. the game as we know it, however, will be thrust into netherworld.

overall, the institution of college football will obviously lose these schools, their fans, money, traditions, and visibility. with that, what is now a multi-billion dollar enterprise will surely shrink, like mlb. an unintended consolidation result will likely be its negative impact on other collegiate sports like volleyball, wrestling, and wbb.

in commerce we'd label it oligopoly, this sec/big10 intention. government would step in because this clearly doesn't serve the greater/common interest. whether that happens here, idk. we'll see. maybe wiser heads will prevail, god forbid.

Last edited:
everything is teetering today, isn't it. old rivals are upset when the other pipes up, even a brother-in-law.

i believe the sec and b10 prosper under their super league scenario that dispenses of the lowly state-labeled land grants in iowa, kansas, oklahoma, and so on. the game as we know it, however, would be thrust into netherworld.

overall, the institution of college football would obviously lose these schools, their fans, money, traditions, and visibility. with that, what is now a multi-billion dollar enterprise would surely shrink, like mlb. an unintended consolidation result would be its negative impact on other collegiate sports like volleyball, wrestling, and wbb.

in commerce we'd label it oligopoly, this sec/big10 intention. government would step in because it doesn't serve the greater/common interest. whether that happens here, idk. we'll see. maybe wiser heads will prevail, god forbid.
Dang there's a blast from my past economics classes....oligopoly.

I can see why you would use that word. Maybe but then again maybe not. Oligopoly is due to limited participants providing a product or service. Does that apply? Or is it capitalism in the fact that someone thinks their product is worth more and currently undervalued? I don't know. It could flop. The ever shrinking media players and acquisitions have changed a lot. But with adding streaming also allows more.

I wish we could make today and tomorrow money and still be in the big 8. But that steam ship ain't coming back in the nuclear power age.

I don't think wrestling will be affected. 78 div 1 wrestling schools with most east of the rockies and north of the Mason Dixon line.

The top athletes will gravitate to the money but schools can use nil collectives to offset that. If you want it, pony up.

I forget if we have 22 or 23 sports. Football, mbb and vb carry the load. So maximize revenue is a must.

Bottom line is the ncaa, which at 1 time was revered and feared, has 1 foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

10 years from now will certainly be interesting.

Since kstate and az are playing a previously scheduled non conference game instead of a conference game, have you seen any scenarios that could be an issue at the end of the season when determining championship

Dang there's a blast from my past economics classes....oligopoly.

I can see why you would use that word. Maybe but then again maybe not. Oligopoly is due to limited participants providing a product or service. Does that apply? Or is it capitalism in the fact that someone thinks their product is worth more and currently undervalued? I don't know. It could flop. The ever shrinking media players and acquisitions have changed a lot. But with adding streaming also allows more.

I wish we could make today and tomorrow money and still be in the big 8. But that steam ship ain't coming back in the nuclear power age.

I don't think wrestling will be affected. 78 div 1 wrestling schools with most east of the rockies and north of the Mason Dixon line.

The top athletes will gravitate to the money but schools can use nil collectives to offset that. If you want it, pony up.

I forget if we have 22 or 23 sports. Football, mbb and vb carry the load. So maximize revenue is a must.

Bottom line is the ncaa, which at 1 time was revered and feared, has 1 foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

10 years from now will certainly be interesting.

Since kstate and az are playing a previously scheduled non conference game instead of a conference game, have you seen any scenarios that could be an issue at the end of the season when determining championship
free markets are best at allocating resources but only when regulated by a wise government. presently, there is no football governing organization thus this madness under despots like sankey and those who empower him including the media.

as for the arizona/k-state game, it will not be included in b12 standings for championship or other purposes; treated like any other ooc game. it will be an early season headliner though.

Last edited:
free markets are best at allocating resources but only when regulated by a wise government. presently, there is no football governing organization thus this madness under despots like sankey and those who empower him including the media.

as for the arizona/k-state game, it will not be included in b12 standings for championship purposes; treated like any other ooc game.
Right. But can that be a potential problem ie tie breaker etc. They will have 1 less game

no, they are both playing a full nine game conference schedule. k-state has arizona, @tulane, and ut martin ooc.

Gotcha. So both az and kstate will ACTUALLY be playing 10 but only 9 will count. Man I am surprised they didn't just pickup a non conference. Maybe this was actually simpler to do. Thanks

Reactions: AVeritas

as for the arizona/k-state game, it will not be included in b12 standings for championship or other purposes; treated like any other ooc game. it will be an early season headliner though.
I don't trust any governing body 😉

Gotcha. So both az and kstate will ACTUALLY be playing 10 but only 9 will count. Man I am surprised they didn't just pickup a non conference. Maybe this was actually simpler to do. Thanks
that was the explanation. picking up a quality opponent would be too difficult so they jointly decided to get an in-conference waiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
If this is the teams eligible for a bowl game this past season then why is N on it?

Gotta love a fan that talks trash when his team makes a tournament for the first time in quite a while.

Good luck to your mens bball team actually. They are fun to watch!!

free markets are best at allocating resources but only when regulated by a wise government.

Where do I start. Government is a necessary evil to organize society, there is no such thing as a "wise" government. There may be moments of wisdom, but they pass very quickly and are replaced by much longer periods of stupidity.
Free markets "regulated" by government are by definition not free.
Holy Jesus has our education system succeeded in turning a once formidable country into a ****hole nation.

Reactions: Streamer15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT